130 - Bennet Reece (Bay) d. Hunt Jennings (McC) 3-2;

135 - Carl Martin (McC) d. Bryson Popp (Bay) 8-4;

140 - Michael Hooker (McC) m.d. Stuart Doster (Bay) 11-3;

145 - Matthew Cates (Bay) m.d. Coy Cobb (McC) 14-3;

152 - T.J. Duncan (McC) p. Spencer Craig (Bay) 2:42;

160 - Jared Ward (McC) p. Matt Bodine (Bay) 2:11;

171 - Nic Bullard (Bay) d. Nate Condrey (McC) 4-1;

189 - Mac Ferguson (Bay) p. Austin Prevost (McC) 1:55;

215 - David Helton (Bay) d. J.J. Satterfield (McC) 7-0.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone explain the seeding process. Why was Science Hill placed in the Bradley side of the bracket and Cleveland not? Is it taken into account of last years finishes and not this years head to head matches? Science Hill beat Cleveland at the Cleveland Duels and placed higher than Cleveland in the Fandetti-Richardson Brawl. Doesn't that warrant a better placement for Science Hill.

Over all good Tournament Congrats to Bradley, Cleveland, Science Hill, and Collierville.

Can someone explain the seeding process. Why was Science Hill placed in the Bradley side of the bracket and Cleveland not? Is it taken into account of last years finishes and not this years head to head matches? Science Hill beat Cleveland at the Cleveland Duels and placed higher than Cleveland in the Fandetti-Richardson Brawl. Doesn't that warrant a better placement for Science Hill.

Over all good Tournament Congrats to Bradley, Cleveland, Science Hill, and Collierville.

The only seeds are teams that were top 4 the previous year and won their region this year--so Bradley and Clarksville were the only two seeds. After that, the other six region winners draw for the remaining lines, and then runners-up draw for positions in the opposite half from their own winners (so Cleveland was forced to the bottom half and Hendersonville to the top half).

Alright boys and girls i just got back from the ag on state finals day and i have to say the matches were awesome!!!!

D1 AAA

Coming into this match i would have never expected the final score. A bunch of things went right for the raiders and they had a great shot at dethroning the bears but fell short 33-28. It came down to the last 2 matches and the bears pulled out a victory at 171 to seal the deal. Congrats to the bears for the title and thanks to cleveland for making it a show.

3rd- The Hill over Collierville

D1 A/AA

Good match, after 8 matches the score was 24 24 with 8 pins! East Lit did all they could to fight off the defending state champ wildcats but fell short.

D2

Outstanding final! Christian Bros. did good to not give up big points early and i though that would give them the win but a few upsets for ryan gave them the title as they beat the bros by 4! This dual came down to the last match where Will Mix squeezed out a 3-2 win to give the Irish a state title.

3rd Baylor over Mccallie

D2 Invite

Once again St George impresed me with a 52 26 win in the finals. JP2 looked tough in the begining but the gryphons pulled it out in the end. Congrats to them.

Good job to all the teams in Franklin today :thumb:

The only seeds are teams that were top 4 the previous year and won their region this year--so Bradley and Clarksville were the only two seeds. After that, the other six region winners draw for the remaining lines, and then runners-up draw for positions in the opposite half from their own winners (so Cleveland was forced to the bottom half and Hendersonville to the top half).

Thanks silverpie I guess we could over think the whole process to the point of DNA tests

First, I hope that Vince Aguilar has a speedy recovery. Getting injuried at any time, much less at the end of your senior season is a tough way to go out.

Congrats to TBSFMAW, Cleveland for giving a great effort, CBHS & TFI for a great championship match.

Thumbs down to the clowns reffing the AAA final, 9 stalling calls in two matches? Are kidding me? LET THEM WRESTLE.

I was really impressed with Bradley. I think that most everyone was rooting for them (unless you were from CHS) after Aguillar went down.

Cleveland took it hard to the Rebels last night. i was impressed with our boys fighting hard to come back from 29-0 to make it 29-20 with a chance at the end (until they teched to go up 34-20 and then FF'd out to win 34-32). Nobody gave us a chance to do anything against The Hill but FHS took it to the final match at HW.

Congrats Bradley.

Not sure what happened to the 215 from SH...

On another note the D2 inv. was horrible with most teams not filling even a complete line-up, nor bringing the fan base to support them. Nothing against letting the kids wrestle but why waste everybody's time? Some matches lasted less then 45 min with 8 Forfieits bewteen the two teams

My personal opinion will be to change it to a D1 inv. by inviting the 3's and 4's out of each region. can you imagine Owatawh, brentwood, overton, Rossview, just to name a few for a single elimination throw down. It would have to be better then what we saw the last two days.

It's kinda like your TV, if you don't like the program, change the channel. There where 10 mats. If you wasted your time watching the invite, that is your fault. There was great action throughout the arena. This includes the invite. Both matches between SAS and FRA was'nt decided until the last match. Last night, My match with DCA was decided with the last match. Not every team in the DI matches filled every class. I am a coach and I do not want offend anyone on this board but stop crying. Stay on your end of the building and enjoy the action. I am "old school" and wish we still had Districts, Regions, and one champion. That is not going to happen so deal with it. I love coaching and the opportunity to have an impact on young mens lives. DII is small but it is growing and hopefully one day we will have to qualify for the duals. Don't worry, St. George was'nt handed a cheap State title. They just won a small school dual tournament. Now, for the next 2 weeks, I will be getting ready for the Indy's while DI will be battling in the regions. By the way, I know Hixson is glad there is a small school duals. Congrats to them and all of the champions and runner-ups.

What happened at 215 to Lewis from SH. Was he DQ'ed out of tournament.

The scorebook shows Lewis wrestling now against Franklin so it must not have been an unsportsmanlike DQ.

Cowboy/BoroRef:

Ward Gossett's article on the D-I finals in this morning's Times Free Press had this paragraph:

".......Science Hill wrestler Josh Lewis' career came to an abrupt halt when he was disqualified during his 215-pound match with Bradley Central's Tucker Bolton. The senior has to sit two dates because of the disqualification, meaning he cannot weigh-in for his region qualifying tournament Friday and Saturday....."

Is Gossett wrong on this-----and it would seem he is based on BoroRef's post that it was for too many penalty points? If so, maybe the Science Hill coach should let Gossett since I would think Lewis should be entitled to a retraction.