3. Memphis Central (1) 19-3 126 6

T4. Melrose 21-3 125 1

T4. Bearden (2) 21-1 125 2

T6. Nashville Overton 23-2 76 7

T6. Southwind 20-3 76 5

8. Clarksville NE 18-2 69 8

9. Dyer County 21-3 30 9

10. Beech 22-3 25

The top 5 teams in the State of Tennessee are in Memphis this year (all classifications). Why is it every year there is a Bearden or Dyer County in there?? Is this charity or is it just the voters don't know about the top teams in the West??

The State Tourney will mainly be played in the Region tournaments---another let down, but a fun practice at state is in session again this year for the Memphis teams, it looks like.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that Memphis teams will rule the Class AAA this year. Is there open enrollment into high schools in Memphis? If so, this allows for some pretty stacked teams - East TN doesn't allow the same. There is obviously a lot of talent in Memphis, but allowing kids to pick their schools seems to be quite an advantage. Hasn't Knoxville Fulton (AA) won the State Title last couple of years? They are number 1 in the state currently and should be the favorite to win AA again.

Class AAA

Record Pts Prv

1. Ridgeway (15) 20-0 192 3

2. White Station (2) 18-3 157 4

T4. Melrose 21-3 125 1

T6. Southwind 20-3 76 5

9. Dyer County 21-3 30 9

10. Beech 22-3 25

The top 5 teams in the State of Tennessee are in Memphis this year (all classifications). Why is it every year there is a Bearden or Dyer County in there?? Is this charity or is it just the voters don't know about the top teams in the West??

The State Tourney will mainly be played in the Region tournaments---another let down, but a fun practice at state is in session again this year for the Memphis teams, it looks like.

No secret that the ap poll is a schill. I like to follow the computer ratings as a bit more true of a indicator. While Memphis is certainly a monster year in and year out, once you get to the state tournament, ANYTHING can happen.

I believe Central and White Station may be Open Enrollment, but is very difficult to get in, but neither team has benefited from transfers. That would be Melrose, who had two big transfers. Other then that these are just area players who are ballers. I personally think Southwind is better than both schools, but I guess you put emphasis on the Ls even though their losses were to the number 1 and 2 teams in the state by 1,1,and 6(Without their Freshman Phenom J3). I would put my money on Memphis. Ridgeway is one of those teams that just doesn't have alot of flaws. White Station has Joe Jackson, enough said. Melrose is the most talented and deepest team in the city. Central has two big posts, and a solid backcourt with the perfect mixture of talent, youth, and maturity. Southwind has a loaded backcourt and is very dangerous with a healthy J3.

I believe that either Ridgeway or WS will win the triple a crown this year but any of the other Memphis teams in the poll could get in the mix. I know Ridgeway buried WS last time they played but Joe Jackson is the kind of player thet can will his team to a win! No chance for any of these middle or east tn teams over the Memphis teams....sorry guys just tellin' it the way it is! :hungry:

I believe that either Ridgeway or WS will win the triple a crown this year but any of the other Memphis teams in the poll could get in the mix. I know Ridgeway buried WS last time they played but Joe Jackson is the kind of player thet can will his team to a win! No chance for any of these middle or east tn teams over the Memphis teams....sorry guys just tellin' it the way it is! :hungry:

No matter how small it is, there is always a chance, especially in a winner-take-all, single elimination format.

Anything can happen in one game, but its pretty clear that any team outside of Memphis will most likely have to face two Memphis teams. Which means one of these non-Memphis teams is going to have to have the stars align twice in a short period. Unlikely, but anything can happen. Who's the prime contender? Clarksville NE? Bearden? Overton?

Anything can happen in one game, but its pretty clear that any team outside of Memphis will most likely have to face two Memphis teams. Which means one of these non-Memphis teams is going to have to have the stars align twice in a short period. Unlikely, but anything can happen. Who's the prime contender? Clarksville NE? Bearden? Overton?

Probably NE, IMO. Doesnt mattr though, Memphis will be well represented and tough to beat, whoever it is.

Class AAA

Record Pts Prv

1. Ridgeway (15) 20-0 192 3

2. White Station (2) 18-3 157 4

T4. Melrose 21-3 125 1

T6. Southwind 20-3 76 5

9. Dyer County 21-3 30 9

10. Beech 22-3 25

Memphis has five of the top six spots, what else do you want. Everyone knows how good Memphis bball is, but seriously there are quality teams all across the state and if you are having a great season then you should get some recognition in the polls. Support Memphis, thats great, but it gets old year after year hearing the Memphis people down the rest of the state. If I remember right, Clarkesville NE gave White Station all they wanted last year, didn't win, but definitely had a chance. You people make it sound like Memphis teams win all their state tourny games by 20+ every year. Their is unbelievable talent in Memphis and some great teams, but a little humility would be really refreshing.