Jefferson County Football 2010

JCSP20

Lets look at the real problems. Its not the players. They are loaded!!!!! If you have followed this group of upcoming 11 and 12th graders you will find that many had not lost 2-3 games in their life until they reached JCHS. The Middle school programs simply dominated their comp during these years. White Pine had not lost a game in 4 years and JC and Dandridge had nominated the big 8. The problem is that they have done a poor job of putting the talent together at JCHS!!!! Look at the players that changed positions last year. This is the problem. Players in wrong positions. How many years do they have? They are betting the farm on this one class. What happens after that, 3 and 7 again when half the tallent has left or gone to West or somewhere else. One of the reasons that Brimer had to go was the big disagreement over the quarterback position. He insisted that our quarterback play defense and receiver, but never quarterback!! This is not opinion but facts!! Get goins in space where he can score touchdowns. The fact that he is fast is but the main reason that you move him out into space where he can succeed. Can you see Reggie Bush as a quarterback?? Goins can be our Reggie Bush!! The veer is set up to hit the hole fast with a fullback and hit the corners with speed with a quarterback that can read. Its not necessary for the quarterback be fast but it is critical that he can read and distribute the ball. Notice I said distribute the ball. Its too easy to key on the quarterback. Thats the reason he gives it to someone else either by handing it off or by play action pass. If you were the defensive coaches on the other sideline, would you not love it if the oposing quarterback kept it most of the time. TOO EASY TO STOP. This gets us to the next issue. If they do not find a way to be 60-40 BALANCED, they will go out of the playoffs early as one to the big Knoxville teams will load the box and stop the run. Thats why the veer died may years ago and colleges went to the pro or spread formations. Whats sad is that we have the talent to run it very well. Our back can punish people in Counts. Mason, Goins, and Bo are simply special in space. Is it really that hard??? Our offense should put 40 on the board each game but we are stuck in the 60 and 70's with the veer!! can you imagine Army playing Florida or Alabanma and competing on a regular basis. Could you imagine Tennessee running the veer? Then why would we hire someone that refuses to move us forward. This simply kills our boys in college recruiting as well. How many coaches will look at an offensive player that runs the veer. No one but CN A reader said a few days ago the the Bible kid has a great arm but does not fit this program and he is correct!!! Peyton manning would not fit this program. He would simply move away! Get the picture. Its time for JCHS to step up to SEC type offenses. We have the talent to do so most years. In fact our talent pool demands that we do so. We cant run over anyone as our line is too small. We must dink and dunk and get our playmakers in space. We have too much pride to stay down this long. We need a set of coaches that can lead change. Im not criticizing the coaches efforts as they give much time but the results are simply too much to overlook. How can you defend the same coaches that blew a 28 point lead at W. Blount. They should have been fired after that blowup. In short get real and make the hard choices..anything else is putting a bandaid on a heart attach.

Wow! This is a great post. :thumb: There is noway I can take what you just said seriously. Are you just joking around here or what?

Lets look at the real problems. Its not the players. They are loaded!!!!! If you have followed this group of upcoming 11 and 12th graders you will find that many had not lost 2-3 games in their life until they reached JCHS. The Middle school programs simply dominated their comp during these years. White Pine had not lost a game in 4 years and JC and Dandridge had nominated the big 8. The problem is that they have done a poor job of putting the talent together at JCHS!!!! Look at the players that changed positions last year. This is the problem. Players in wrong positions. How many years do they have? They are betting the farm on this one class. What happens after that, 3 and 7 again when half the tallent has left or gone to West or somewhere else. One of the reasons that Brimer had to go was the big disagreement over the quarterback position. He insisted that our quarterback play defense and receiver, but never quarterback!! This is not opinion but facts!! Get goins in space where he can score touchdowns. The fact that he is fast is but the main reason that you move him out into space where he can succeed. Can you see Reggie Bush as a quarterback?? Goins can be our Reggie Bush!! The veer is set up to hit the hole fast with a fullback and hit the corners with speed with a quarterback that can read. Its not necessary for the quarterback be fast but it is critical that he can read and distribute the ball. Notice I said distribute the ball. Its too easy to key on the quarterback. Thats the reason he gives it to someone else either by handing it off or by play action pass. If you were the defensive coaches on the other sideline, would you not love it if the oposing quarterback kept it most of the time. TOO EASY TO STOP. This gets us to the next issue. If they do not find a way to be 60-40 BALANCED, they will go out of the playoffs early as one to the big Knoxville teams will load the box and stop the run. Thats why the veer died may years ago and colleges went to the pro or spread formations. Whats sad is that we have the talent to run it very well. Our back can punish people in Counts. Mason, Goins, and Bo are simply special in space. Is it really that hard??? Our offense should put 40 on the board each game but we are stuck in the 60 and 70's with the veer!! can you imagine Army playing Florida or Alabanma and competing on a regular basis. Could you imagine Tennessee running the veer? Then why would we hire someone that refuses to move us forward. This simply kills our boys in college recruiting as well. How many coaches will look at an offensive player that runs the veer. No one but CN A reader said a few days ago the the Bible kid has a great arm but does not fit this program and he is correct!!! Peyton manning would not fit this program. He would simply move away! Get the picture. Its time for JCHS to step up to SEC type offenses. We have the talent to do so most years. In fact our talent pool demands that we do so. We cant run over anyone as our line is too small. We must dink and dunk and get our playmakers in space. We have too much pride to stay down this long. We need a set of coaches that can lead change. Im not criticizing the coaches efforts as they give much time but the results are simply too much to overlook. How can you defend the same coaches that blew a 28 point lead at W. Blount. They should have been fired after that blowup. In short get real and make the hard choices..anything else is putting a bandaid on a heart attach.

Wow! This is a great post. :thumb: There is noway I can take what you just said seriously. Are you just joking around here or what?

I don't agree with the comparisons that was made, but I do believe it is time to upgrade the offense as we have the players to run a spread offense. I think this has been attempted by the coaches but no offensive coach on the staff has the wits to come up with a whole new scheme to run the spread. It boils down to that we must have the coaches to take this program to another level before we can use the players. It almost seems we have missed out on what could have been such a dominate class due to lack of knowledge at the top.

Why are you on the coaches so bad, oh my bad I forgot that coaches can cause turnovers and blown coverages. It is Coach Anderson's fault that he turned the ball over three times in the first five minutes of the second half at William Blount (So FIRE HIM). It is his fault he turned it over seven times at Sevier County. (So FIRE HIM) It is is fault he turned the ball over against bearden ( SO Fire Him). Man grow up!!!!, Get a Life. Go and put the time and effort in that he does, you will not find another man that loves the patriot football team more than him. I have know Justin for years since college, He was probably the most un athletic person I know and he was an All American He worked harder than anyone I know, I know for a fact that he works hard coaching.

0-4 to 5-5 I think the players did a great job staying focused, but I also think the coaches deserve some credit yeah granted the schedule got weaker but it still takes a lot to turn a season around like Jefferson county did this year.

As far as the quarterback I don't know the goins kid but he is a athlete and any coach would put there best player at quarterback, Why do you think coach Brimer talked coach Anderson into putting Mcfall at quarterback. Give goins a chance and give this team a chance the players read this message board and most of them are responded to the things that are being said.

I am guilty for being negative towards coaches and I haved realized how childish this really is this is HULK123 last post GOOD LUCK COACH ANDERSON AND THE PATRIOTS.

Let me myself very clear. I never criticized a player. Im simply questioned where he plays his players. Sounds like you know him and have taken this to heart. The facts are that he places the players at positons and he is responsible for the fumbles and turnovers as he makes these decisions. If someone keeps turning the ball over, is it not the coaches job to fix it! Its his job! get in the real world !! If he was a president of a company would you allow him to sink the company! The fact is if you did your job at a 40% rate, you would get fired!!.. Each year that we give the gold old boy more time, we allow players to defect to other programs. See - here is the deal As parents see a losing program, they move their kids due to the money they can save on scolarships. College coaches will look at winners first!! And back to the record. Last years comeback was due to the fact that we played Cherokee, Cocke County and S. Doyle in the last half of the season. Our Freshman teams would have beaten them. Its this liberal way of thinking that will ensure that we will be discussing the same topics years from now! Does no one answer for this program? If he accepts the money, he gets to answer for failure. Its more than putting in the time. Putting in the time doe not take talent, It simply takes time!

Fumbling is just part of running an option offense. West virgina ranked 70th in the nation this past year in turnover margin with 15 fumbles lost. The offense is very risk risk/reward but I do believe the patriots have the right players for it. They have strong dive backs in kountz and mason, a good skat back in wright, and a QB with enough speed in Goins.

On the subject it of the offense itself, the option still is and always will be very prevalent in high school and college. It isnt something that is going to go away. I previously used west virginia as an example and I will again. If a pro style offense beats the option than West Virginia does not beat OU by 20 in 2007 and Navy does not beat Notre Dame this past year. The truth of the matter is the option is a very progressive offense. It even moved into the NFL some this past year with the Titans running some option with Vince Young and Chris Johnson.

As it pertains to the patriots in this offense, the patriots ran more of the spread option like West Virginia last year and I think it was very successful for it being the first year for any Jeff Co team to run the veer out of shot gun. I hope the team utilizes their recievers more this year because just like in every other position there are several key players returning (Ausmus, Hopkins, Bell). If the patriots can balance a quick west coastesque passing game with the shotgun option, I look for a very very potent attack with with the talent returning.

I forgot to adress the subject of the players winning in the past without much effort. While you say it is the coaches fault Jeffcoboy, is it really? Is it the teachers fault that a student capable of making strait A's without studying doesnt study? I dont believe so. Sometimes we need a reality check and a teacher or coach just cant quite put things into perspective. I personally hear teachers say all the time "when you get in college you will have to study" but for the time being I will not until I have I am shown why I have to. The same goes for a player. If they can win without much work than usually they will just relax. It is a sad truth that we become so complacent but everyone falls victim to that and I think the only cure is a reality check (like a 5-5 season that started 0-4).

I forgot to adress the subject of the players winning in the past without much effort. While you say it is the coaches fault Jeffcoboy, is it really? Is it the teachers fault that a student capable of making strait A's without studying doesnt study? I dont believe so. Sometimes we need a reality check and a teacher or coach just cant quite put things into perspective. I personally hear teachers say all the time "when you get in college you will have to study" but for the time being I will not until I have I am shown why I have to. The same goes for a player. If they can win without much work than usually they will just relax. It is a sad truth that we become so complacent but everyone falls victim to that and I think the only cure is a reality check (like a 5-5 season that started 0-4).

Really?? Its not a teachers job to make sure a student makes straight A's. All they have to do is teach the material and a student can do what they want with that. A coach on the other hand has to develop his players and get them to play hard and win. A good coach knows a team and players are gonna have to work hard to be sucessful. Do you think kids that come from powerhouse high school football programs that have won numerous state championships such as Pahokee, Brynes, and Miami Northwesten get into D1 colleges and not work had because they have been very sucessful in the past Your agruement is just not valid. Do these kids not think after their sophomore year they need to work hard? You just don't understand how lazy your making the team sound.

I almost see your point but I believe you are really minimizing the role of teachers. Is it not the teachers job to develop students for college and for life? Is it not the teachers job to motivate students to work hard and seek knowledge on their own? You see coaches are merely just teachers. They are teachers of a different subject, the game of football. Yes, you are correct in the fact I made them team sound lazey but I am making them sound lazey during the time before their junior year. One reality check, one bad grade, one bad season or anything is all it takes to really humble a person and motivate them. As I have stated before I firmly believe that this edition of the patriots is humbled and motivated. You just have to understand that teachers and coaches are virtuely the same thing. If anything the use of the teacher/student simile would validate your point about the coaches and their work eithic if your perception on both was correct but sadly, both are incorrect.

May I make a few points about the teacher/coach comparisons.

1. Teachers often have to teach students that do not want to be at school. Large number!

2. Football Players are there by choice. Most know the requirements very young as the ones that have made it this far come from competitive backgrounds with parents/coaches pushing them! The few!! Football players are different! Your have to be to come to practice in 100 degree days and push yourslef to the limits. The ones on the fence - Coaches job is to motivate them to perform this is where we separate the great from the average coaches. Football players want to win. Thats why they come out.

3. Athletes in Jeff County are no different than any other county in this state! The same distractions or less than say an inner city with more trouble. See my point.. What makes the difference is the coaches. Most winners win everywhere they go as they have proven principles that work. Some will lose at every level. The difference is how we relate to them and how we motivate. How is a boy here in JC different than one at West or Greeneville. There not!!!!!!!!

4. Coaching is different. See this is a competition. Teachers teach to improve test scores and help students. Coaches go Head to Head to win Football games. They are Graded by their wins/loses. This is why we pay the best ones $$$$$$$$$$ to do their job. Note: Most head coaches do very little teaching. They set direction and motivate. The assistant coashes and Coord's do the teaching. The head coaches are managers.

ONE Truth for both. There are good ones and bad ones in each profession!! How do we judge them

Think about it.

I am very grateful that in at least some ways you see how they do relate teamjchs and i do agree with your first point and about half of each of the others.

2. You are correct that the players are their by choice. The problem is there are different motives to making that choice. While the majority of the kids we see play each friday love the game of football and are prepared to lay it all out on the line, there are always the kids that just want to have that association with the team but play no real part. This happens at every school (as you mention in point 3.) and there is no real solution to the problem. It is extremely to motivate these players when they themselves are just want to where the jersey and could care less about winning.

3. I agree with approximatly 75% of this point. The problem is good football players do lose sometimes. There is usually the sophmore slump (adrian peterson is an exampe of an excellent player who struggled in his second year of compition in the nfl) if you will. I would consider the junior year a sophmore slump for the patriots (their sophmore year was their first year playing real football and many did play as sophmores). Even the best coaches in the world have players that struggle in their second year of full compititon. You have to just look for the rebound in the next year of compition (2010 for the pats).

4. There is actually quite a bit of compititon in the teaching industry these days. America competes against the Indias and the Chinas in education, states compete against each other (Tennesse has struggled compared to other states over the past years and the freshman class this year is the first one to experience the new beefed up curriculum), and most importantly individuals compete. If there were no compitition than such tests as the ACT and SAT would not determine who gets scholarship money and who doesnt. Make no mistake about it, it is the teachers responsibility to prepare the students for such standardized tests. As the teaching relates to football, most head coaches make the leap from a successful tenure as a position coach or a coordinator. It is almost impossible to become a head coach without the assistant experince.

There are good ones and there are bad ones but just like in anything else there is always improvement taking place. Last year was the learning year for everyone involved with JCHS football. Now it is just time to see if all that was learned leads to performance on the field.

First Fact...Football starts with the line,,this also the second and third fact..ITS THE line that opens holes and protects the QB.Another fact is a coach has to play with what we got..We cannot invent or wish or hope that the linemen suddenly become 6ft 5in 290lbs monsters..Now- don't get me wrong(i do like our guys) it's just that we are/were undersized at these positions.In fairness the QB isnt 6ft5in 220lb and neither are the receivers.The running backs arnt 5ft11in 215lb monsters with a 4.3 40 yard dash. and on and on..Do you get the POINT yet?In car racing hey used to call it "RUN what you brung".There are about 1250 D1 scholarships avail to incoming freshman.It is extreemly rare to have one from any regular high school, as there are millions of kids playing high school football.WE the PATRIOTS (over the course of several decades)have had several make it that far and we need to recognize what a huge accomplishment that is.It also must be stated that in order to fairly criticize the QB's ability to "READ" One must know what the CALL was.WAs a" read "called? or was a "GIVE" called?Do you know which was called? the coaches and the QB know what was called and they know if it was called properly or executed properly. I'm really dissapointed about the ugliness spoken about Anthony Goins. But as the QB he is gonna have to learn to take unfair/unkind words.But His STATS speak for themselves.Was Goins a ALL AMERICAN? Was he ALL STATE last year? No he wasn't.!But then again was he ALL CONFERENCE ? YES he was and all of the coaches/players and IMAC know it and agrees with it.I would have thought that after the end of the season that this specific "group" would have NO further reason to continue this childish agenda.But sadly this is not to be.Anthony Goins keep your head up and keep up the good work!GO PATRIOTS!!! dvp4life

Dvp4life I agree with every single word you said. Much of the behavior on this thread has been childish and I appreciate you stating what should have been obvious facts to everyone. If we just quit bashing every aspect of the team for a while and reserve judgement until spring practice than I think everyones opionions will be different than the ones they have right now.