Emmanuel Andrews

Wildcats5454

I think we both know that there were extenuating circumstances. Of all involved, he has lost the most. A 2 game suspension would have been sufficient.

I'll tell you what I told the players in my class on Monday. You can choose to believe it or not. If they ever do the same thing, under the same circumstances, I would expect our coach and administrator to remove them from the team immediately.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i attend schs and the action to suspend emmanuel did not come from our administration as far as i know, it came from TSSAA. It's been talked about all week and not only are the players upset, students and administration are completely blown away by this decision. Last year there was a 'fight' or confrontation between a lawrence county player and one of our own and that player was sat out for two games and allowed to return..i feel like because it was looked at as a 'brawl' because so many people were around it was different in their eyes.. but a fight is a fight and i don't think emmanuel or any of our players should have to be suspended for the rest of the season. from what i've heard lawrence county's students weren't punished at all..i may be wrong..but i feel like something should of been done.. whether they started it or not they were still involved.

i attend schs and the action to suspend emmanuel did not come from our administration as far as i know, it came from TSSAA. It's been talked about all week and not only are the players upset, students and administration are completely blown away by this decision. Last year there was a 'fight' or confrontation between a lawrence county player and one of our own and that player was sat out for two games and allowed to return..i feel like because it was looked at as a 'brawl' because so many people were around it was different in their eyes.. but a fight is a fight and i don't think emmanuel or any of our players should have to be suspended for the rest of the season. from what i've heard lawrence county's students weren't punished at all..i may be wrong..but i feel like something should of been done.. whether they started it or not they were still involved.

I understand what you are saying but these two incidents are not comparable. The incident last year involved a player on the court during a game and with another player. As I understand it, Friday night it was after the game and involved players leaving the court and attacking people in the stands. Why would these two incidents merit the same consequences?

exactly my point. everyone is hearing lawrence county's side of the story which is that our players just jumped in the stands and started beating people up for no reason.. if they weren't provoked this would have never happened. just like if our player on the court wasn't provoked that would have never happened.. just because it was on the court and this was after the game doesn't mean a thing. this happened on the basketball court on the floor.. no one was even in the stands fighting.. i don't think anyone ever realized that. i just feel like a two game suspension could have been enough..not the whole year.. in fact emmanuels LAST year..

exactly my point. everyone is hearing lawrence county's side of the story which is that our players just jumped in the stands and started beating people up for no reason.. if they weren't provoked this would have never happened. just like if our player on the court wasn't provoked that would have never happened.. just because it was on the court and this was after the game doesn't mean a thing. this happened on the basketball court on the floor.. no one was even in the stands fighting.. i don't think anyone ever realized that. i just feel like a two game suspension could have been enough..not the whole year.. in fact emmanuels LAST year..

Both schools presented what they knew, including statements from their fans if they chose, to the TSSAA. The TSSAA decided the punishment, not us. I don't even know what the punishment is for LCHS yet because I knew that our administration would not tell anyone, including me, until they have studied it and agree to the punishment versus appealing.

along with what i just posted, an accusation was made that bobby wilson hurt someone from the other team and he was suspended for the remainder of the season.. when this was not true.. so he was wrongly accused and suspended for half the day completely ruining many people's day. so accusations and finger pointing doesnt help..it just makes it worse. bobby wilson is no longer suspended.. wrong person.. good job.

i understand, i just feel that if what was presented is just accusations from both sides not a fair punishment was made..i could of made up anything and told tssaa and they could have believed it.. in my eyes it's just not fair.

All you have in a situation like this are the observations of fans, etc. If a video existed that the TSSAA used, that showed the fight, then I am not aware of it. The only video I have been told about shows the LCHS fans back at the bleachers before anything else happened. I don;t know if the TSSAA was shown that film or any film. You are left with the independent observations that you compare to find common ground. The TSSAA will never tell what that based their decision on, specifically.

i understand, i just feel that if what was presented is just accusations from both sides not a fair punishment was made..i could of made up anything and told tssaa and they could have believed it.. in my eyes it's just not fair.

All you have in a situation like this are the observations of fans, etc. If a video existed that the TSSAA used, that showed the fight, then I am not aware of it. The only video I have been told about shows the LCHS fans back at the bleachers before anything else happened. I don;t know if the TSSAA was shown that film or any film. You are left with the independent observations that you compare to find common ground. The TSSAA will never tell what that based their decision on, specifically.

which is terrible and could, like i said on my last post, almost ruin someone's season because of accusations. Bobby Wilson was wrongly accused of punching a student and was suspended for half the day until they were corrected.. i just don't think it's fair. and common ground isn't fair either.. because a whole group of people who were planning to report to tssaa could have shared their story to say the same thing.. which is that our players jumped in the stands... when our side would of said otherwise.. it's just not a good thing to have to be ruling on..like you said without film.

which is terrible and could, like i said on my last post, almost ruin someone's season because of accusations. Bobby Wilson was wrongly accused of punching a student and was suspended for half the day until they were corrected.. i just don't think it's fair. and common ground isn't fair either.. because a whole group of people who were planning to report to tssaa could have shared their story to say the same thing.. which is that our players jumped in the stands... when our side would of said otherwise.. it's just not a good thing to have to be ruling on..like you said without film.

Don't know anything about that. Glad they got it right.