East Magnet????

coachtut

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has to be Coach A since Coach F didn't go to another galaxy and Coach B did go to another galaxy but it is quite a distance away :blush:

No other Metro coach, that is still active, has been the head coach of a state c

hampionship football team :excl:

Walker of field and knowdoithow, There is another. Say I did not that the game of champions he won. The journey taken by the great jedi was to the county of WILSON into the galaxy of fellowship and friends.

May the fork be with you. :D

Jim Wilson

It has to be Coach A since Coach F didn't go to another galaxy and Coach B did go to another galaxy but it is quite a distance away :popcorneater:

No other Metro coach, that is still active, has been the head coach of a state c

hampionship football team :roll:

Walker of field and knowdoithow, There is another. Say I did not that the game of champions he won. The journey taken by the great jedi was to the county of WILSON into the galaxy of fellowship and friends.

May the fork be with you. :roll:

Jim Wilson

Chosen one he is. Decide he must. Decision, only he knows.

May the fork be with you. :thumb:

Hard to believe Jim Wilson would leave a Principal's job at Friendship to come back to Metro. I could see him replacing Scott Brunette at the board if offered. Jim has a great reputation and is well liked by everyone i know.

Interesting......NCS I am with you on this one. I could see your scenario much more likely than him coming back to coach.

Why do you say that? I can't believe there isn't traffic backed up for miles on Gallatin Rd. This is the next Alcoa we're talking about.

Bruno is the best Coach in Metro by far, and that statement goes far beyond the record as stated above. thats a place with limited resources, no big booster program, and he's not looking for the next job that guaruntees him more money. Also he helped his nephew Barry get that scholarship to WVU. I'll bet alot of money that no Metro coach has put more in college than Brunetti since he's been head coach. :popcorneater:

...and you're basing this off of your inside, deep knowledge of every coach in Metro? How can you make a statement like that if you haven't spent time with every coach and every program in the city?

I talk to alot of these players here in metro. The majority feel like their coaches dont not really care for them outside of winning a State Title. So I have had to talk to them about getting game film and sending it to colleges for theirselves. Im not saying that all coaches dont care, I'm saying in my opinion Brunetti goes far above and beyond his metro salary to get his players exposure in camps to scouts and a chance at a scholarship.

Not saying Brunetti doesn't work hard to get players to college. You said he's BY FAR the best coach in metro. Sending out a bunch of game film doesn't make him the best coach in metro and most coaches go above and beyond the pitiful stipend given for coaching (but then you probably have no idea how much they actually make). It's great that there are people like you out there to pick up the slack for the rest of the slackers filling the head coaching spots in metro, though. BTW..."theirselves" is not a word.

Why do you say that? I can't believe there isn't traffic backed up for miles on Gallatin Rd. This is the next Alcoa we're talking about.

Yep and SS is going to be the next head coach at Hillsboro. Give it a rest. East has great athletes and in a lower classification they could be similar to Alcoa or Fulton for that reason only. I didnt say that East would win multiple state championships. I simply made a comparison of potential. You stated SS would be the next head coach. No comparison and simply did not happen.

Not saying Brunetti doesn't work hard to get players to college. You said he's BY FAR the best coach in metro. Sending out a bunch of game film doesn't make him the best coach in metro and most coaches go above and beyond the pitiful stipend given for coaching (but then you probably have no idea how much they actually make). It's great that there are people like you out there to pick up the slack for the rest of the slackers filling the head coaching spots in metro, though. BTW..."theirselves" is not a word.

Im sorry for theirselves. Pretend it was themselves.

Bact to the Subject. Out of all the current Metro head football Coaches who could you say is better, and why since Brunetti isn't to you.

If Tony Brunetti is not the "best coach" in Metro then I would say that he is easily among the Top 3 coaches in Metro/Nashville. He took 2 completely different teams to the state semifinals in 2006 & 2007. Outside of the quarterback (#15) on offense and a pair of linebackers (#3 & #2) on defense there were no common starters between those 2 teams.

Terry Anderson from John Overton is also among the best coaches in Metro/Nashville. He has taken his teams to the State Playoffs in 7 of the last 9 years. His teams always play hard for him.

Who is better? Jason Smith? Richard Campbell? Bubba Spears? Mose Phillips? Please don't make me laugh :thumb:

I would also put Ralph Thompson in the same group as Brunetti & Anderson but it doesn't appear that he is going to be coaching in Metro/Nashville this upcoming season. The job he did at Maplewood was great though no doubt about it.

Who is the best "recent" hire in Metro? Scott Murray. He already has Glencliff headed back in the right direction and that was something that seemed VERY MUCH impossible just a few years ago. They were terrible but with some discipline from someone who knows the game they now are a team that can compete.

1. He took 2 completely different teams to the state semifinals in 2006 & 2007.

2. Terry Anderson from John Overton is also among the best coaches in Metro/Nashville. He has taken his teams to the State Playoffs in 7 of the last 9 years. His teams always play hard for him.

3. Who is better? Jason Smith? Richard Campbell? Bubba Spears? Mose Phillips? Please don't make me laugh :thumb:

Let's look at 3 points: 1. at 3A. that's a lot different than 5A or 6A 2. Anderson has gone 5 of the last 9 so get you facts straight if you're going to spout them. He also has a whopping 56% winning percentage over that time. 3. Campbell has been to the playoffs to the playoffs every year he's been at HL except 1.

Im sorry for theirselves. Pretend it was themselves.

Bact to the Subject. Out of all the current Metro head football Coaches who could you say is better, and why since Brunetti isn't to you.

I haven't been around the guy enough to say whether he is or isn't. That's my point. You can't make blanket statements without knowing everyone. There is a ton more to coaching than sending kids to college. You're making blanket statements based on what some disgruntled teenagers are saying. Come on. Can you even name all of the metro coaches?