East Magnet????

coachtut

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is something that is not official but yes it has been discussed. There are many things that get discussed that don't happen. If GH does get the job and takes any coach from Sycamore High School or Cheatham County Central High School with him then East Literature will only be that much better coached week in and week out. There are some TREMENDOUS football coaches at those 2 schools. Guys like MS, EH, MJ, WP, DB, JB, and many many more come to mind.

I heard that a decision is coming at the beginning of next week. Can't wait to see how it goes :roflol:

That is something that is not official but yes it has been discussed. There are many things that get discussed that don't happen. If GH does get the job and takes any coach from Sycamore High School or Cheatham County Central High School with him then East Literature will only be that much better coached week in and week out. There are some TREMENDOUS football coaches at those 2 schools. Guys like MS, EH, MJ, WP, DB, JB, and many many more come to mind.

I heard that a decision is coming at the beginning of next week. Can't wait to see how it goes :thumb:

i notice that you didnt mention cf ???????does that mean he is not leaving cheatham?

Here is the deal with what all of the coaches in the Cheatham County School System have to deal with:

1.) only 2 football assistants are paid a supplement of $1,500 each which means that there are many coaches who are devoting a lot of their time out of sheer love for the game & kids

2.) there is no more 4th block weight lifting course offered which means that in order to work out players/coaches will have to push practices/workouts later into the night because now working out during the school day is not an option

3.) there is no more planning period during the day for teachers and this was usually a period the coaches used to often times get together to plan practice schedules, game day schedules, and even gameplan strategies. It was also a period that coaches used during weeks of home games to paint the field on Thursdays.

So now they are asking for 3-4 coaches at Cheatham County, Harpeth, & Sycamore to go to work from 7:00 am until 3:00 pm, then workout/practice (or vice versa), then during weeks of home games paint the field AND THESE GUYS WILL ALL DO THIS WITHOUT RECEIVING A SUPPLEMENT.

That would truly be insane for someone to actually "want to do" while also having to deal with personal matters that come with life away from work as well.

I say let's see who the new head coach at East Literature is when the announcement comes early this next week. Once that is made official then we will discuss the matter of what type of domino effect is caused in the long run.

Well bigdaddy67 I will tell you & cheathamfan61 that while there could be a "chance" of CF leaving if GH is named the new head coach at East Lit. that chance is very slim. It is very hard for someone who has been a head coach to take a backseat on a coaching staff and this is especially the case for those who have had success as head coaches in the past. I would also say that the fact that he lives in Ashland City is another factor that could keep him from wanting to relocate. Also one has to look at how MNPS works because you have to ask yourself at some point "how many coaches would they allow GH to bring with him?" if he were hired. CF is no fool by any means either. While Sycamore is in a district with the likes of Goodpasture, Greenbrier, White House, etc. that are going to be powerhouses year in and year out Cheatham County's road is not as filled with strong programs such as that trio. That is not a "slap in the face" at all to the teams in District 11-AA but that fact is hard to overlook. The upcoming group that will be sophomores in the fall is a group that CF really likes and feels like he can win a lot of games with over a period of time as well. They are a very similar group to the bunch of 2005 that won a combined 17 games to just 7 losses (2 trips to the 2nd round of the playoffs) in 2004 & 2005.

Either way whatever CF chooses to do I honestly feel like he deserves the right to mull over that decision for as long as possible. He is a SAVIOR to the football program at CCCHS in my opinion. He took over the program when it had hit absolute rock bottom and proceeded to reach the TSSAA State Playoffs for 6 consecutive seasons, equal the schools all-time playoff win total in just 4 seasons, and lead the school to it's first ever home playoff game (a 50-28 win over McKenzie in 2004). During his time as head coach the graduation rate of those who stuck out all 4 years in the football program is at 100%. There is little doubt that he has done much much more than anyone could have ever expected when he took over the football program in early 2002.

I CERTAINLY HOPE THAT A DECISION ON THIS HIRING IS MADE WITHIN THE NEXT FEW DAYS BECAUSE IT HAS DEFINITELY BEEN A PROCESS THAT HAS TAKEN MUCH MUCH LONGER THAN IT EVER SHOULD HAVE :thumb:

i totally agree,i am one of those who had family on that group he had back in 05! an the young group he has now reminds me alot of them.i also believe he may win alot more this year than people think,an this is my opinion it looked to me that the oline was really holding there own with station camp,an if you take back some of the fumbles i think we were very much in that game,an i should say that the kid who had a few of those fumbles is great an that want happen again! i also think alot of the problem on df was missed tackles, alot of that was because the kids from sc were really good but alot of it was missed tackles which i dont think will be an issue when season starts!!i read on one of your post that You thought we would be weak at corner,an boy you hit the nail on the head by far that is where we WERE EXPOSED!i think if we can get that fixed we will be a pretty good team this year,but either way look out 2011 2012 years we are gonna be a force!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!