District 14a Tourneys

west15

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The scary thing is that Greenfield completely dominated and when they look at the film they will find some things to improve on. Greenfield is playing extremely well right now. I know that I am biased, but I give the edge to Greenfield tomorrow night. Good luck girls and let's raise a 14a championship plaque tomorrow night.

I can't blame you being from Greenfield..And Greenfield does have a very good team..Humboldt played without Hubbard for 3 quarters.That's like Lake Co playing without T.T. for 3 quarters.And Humboldt isn't Lake Co..Lake Co has beaten Humboldt twice by 19 and 16 points.I told a friend of mine when Greenfield was down by 8 in the first quarter that Greenfield would win by at least 8 points.As for having the edge..I don't see where you are coming from with that though.Yes..Greenfield played well last night..But Greenfield has had some close games lately against Humboldt and Trenton in previous games..And just a week ago Lake Co beat Bradford by 20..just a couple nights after Greenfield had a closer game with Bradford.And by other scores against the same teams..Lake Co has clearly won by more points..So just because of 1 close game last night..I believe it's only the 2nd single digit game since Christmas..I'm sure Greenfield has had a few since Christmas.I wouldn't let that get me thinking that Greenfield has the edge.Lake Co jst beat Trenton in that same gym about 2 weeks ago by 31 points.I do know Abbot was sick last night although she played better than some others.One thing for certain is both teams know each other..Lake Co knows Katie McCall and Jordan are the two go to girls.They know who the ball handlers are and who probably isn't going to shoot outside..Same the other way..I'm expecting a good game.Going with Lake Co by about 8 ..But I could be wrong.!I just think Lake Co is quicker than most teams and Katie and Jordan will have a tougher time getting the shots they want..Jordan may get hers inside but I look for Katie to struggle getting the shot she wants.!

You gotta let go of comparing scores. We play a completely different style then Lake co. We are not a team that cares or even tries to win by 30. Those comparisons don't work and you know it. We are two even teams, and being from Greenfield I give us the edge. I even said I am biased.

Katie and Jordan are definitely our go to girls, but we have quite a few options, and for the record I will be stunned if you guys win by 8. You beat us by 6 on your court, and you threw everything you had at us. It will be a very close game. Greenfield by 5. By the way, if the refs call the game the way you indicated in another post that you want them to call it, that favors Greenfield. In a tight called game T.T. will get called for 3 charges so Lake Co. needs the refs to keep the whistles in their pocket.

Not trying to be a smart butt but i think he said he was biased before he made his prediction. As to the close games Greenfield has had recently, did you think maybe they have been playing vanilla as to not show much before the tournaments? I have been around sports long enough to know that you can not compare scores. It doesn't matter who beat who by how much when these two teams meet Saturday. Good luck to both teams.

Thanks. At least somebody caught that. You just can't call a lake co. loss I guess. lol

You gotta let go of comparing scores. We play a completely different style then Lake co. We are not a team that cares or even tries to win by 30. Those comparisons don't work and you know it. We are two even teams, and being from Greenfield I give us the edge. I even said I am biased.

Katie and Jordan are definitely our go to girls, but we have quite a few options, and for the record I will be stunned if you guys win by 8. You beat us by 6 on your court, and you threw everything you had at us. It will be a very close game. Greenfield by 5. By the way, if the refs call the game the way you indicated in another post that you want them to call it, that favors Greenfield. In a tight called game T.T. will get called for 3 charges so Lake Co. needs the refs to keep the whistles in their pocket.

If you had read what I just posted about your thread..I just said the same thing about comparing scores and that Greenfield won't let Lake Co do the things Halls does...duh...

And if the officials let them play..Yes I'd love Lake Co's chances..But also call them both ways..I mean if T.T. is driving and a Greenfield player cuts her off with her body like a few calls Molly got last night..call them.!

As for Lake Co winning by 6 at Lake Co and throwing everything at Greenfield..Greenfield did the same at Greenfield ..even brought that 1 old official with them..Called 3 straight charges in about the first quarter.Took Lake Co completely out of the game.I havent seen that official since that game..And I believe T.T. has only fouled out of 1 other game since then.

And I know Lake Co can be beat..And certainly by Greenfield..No doubt one of the top 5 teams in the State.No shame in losing to them.Greenfield is going to want to bump a little.Depends on the officials.Lake Co will counter with their speed to make it tougher for Greenfield to get good looks.No doubt if Katie or Jordan gets in foul trouble where Lake Co can key on the other player because the other girls arent going to shoot much..Greenfield could be in trouble..Same for Lake Co..if T.T. gets in trouble..will hurt Lake Co.!

If you had read what I just posted about your thread..I just said the same thing about comparing scores and that Greenfield won't let Lake Co do the things Halls does...duh...

And if the officials let them play..Yes I'd love Lake Co's chances..But also call them both ways..I mean if T.T. is driving and a girl cuts her off with her body like a few calls Molly got last night..call them.!

Yeah I caught where you said that about comparing scores. You said it right after you started comparing scores. lol I am just busting your chops Bigster. Surely you have figured me out by now.

Two good games last night, both Lake County and Greenfield are right where they want to be. Like Bigster said Lake County is the favorite and thats ok with me. The Colts were the favorite in the Super Bowl, I think we will see a good championship game between two good teams. I hope its a nailbiter and Greenfield wins at the buzzer but for now this is not a must win for either team.

As for Bradord and Humboldt, two other good teams. Bradford looked like the team before Christmas last night, great game plan by Coach Eddings. That was the kind of game that you have to play against Lake County and it almost worked. Humboldt really misses Hubbard when she's not in there. I hope she is ok, she is a great passer and makes things happen.

Two good games last night, both Lake County and Greenfield are right where they want to be. Like Bigster said Lake County is the favorite and thats ok with me. The Colts were the favorite in the Super Bowl, I think we will see a good championship game between two good teams. I hope its a nailbiter and Greenfield wins at the buzzer but for now this is not a must win for either team.

As for Bradord and Humboldt, two other good teams. Bradford looked like the team before Christmas last night, great game plan by Coach Eddings. That was the kind of game that you have to play against Lake County and it almost worked. Humboldt really misses Hubbard when she's not in there. I hope she is ok, she is a great passer and makes things happen.

I dont remember where I said Lake Co was the favorite..Just that I thought Lake Co would win,,just like Huff and others think Greenfield will win..I say 8 ,which he said he would be surprised.I was saying basically by 4 but that maybe Greenfield may have to foul ,making it 8.Two fine teams.You're trying to trick me..just like Greenfield fan did last night ,wanting me to wear orange and he was going to wear green.He didnt have a bit of green on.He had on the strangest color green I've ever seen.Was covered in orange from head to toe.But for real..should be a great game

And you're right.Both teams are where they want to be and where I hoped we both would be..and also right about this not being a must win game.The loser of this game has the talent to come back to the region championship.Maybe a little tougher road but I look for the loser to do just that.!

Does anyone know about the girl from Humboldt that got hurt last night? She wasnt even on the bench in the second half, so I'm assuming they took her to the hospital. I hope she wasnt hurt too bad.

Hubbard, the girl from Humboldt, was sent to the hospital...Her head was cut by one of her teammate's glasses...But i heard that she was ok...Im sure Humboldt wouldnt want to play without her Saturday..

Does anyone know about the girl from Humboldt that got hurt last night? She wasnt even on the bench in the second half, so I'm assuming they took her to the hospital. I hope she wasnt hurt too bad.

The Jackson Sun said she went to the hospital and had a few staples put in.Said Humboldt didnt know if she would play Sat.The doctor or team may not want her playing but if she has her way..I say she'll play..A good ball player..I like her as well as the girl ,Keisha King..That girl can rebound..The big girl for Humboldt is better than you'd think also..But if Hubbard doesn't play..teams can pay more attention to King and double team and trap and wear Humboldt down!

Congrats to Jordan on a fine game last night.She's ben playing very well the games I've watched Greenfield play..My son played against her about 10 years ago every year when she played baseball with the Greenfield travel baseball team.Jordan is an athlete.Congrats to Greenfield as well on the win and their season.Hopefully Lake Co and Greenfield will meet two more times after Sat. night.Everyone knows about Jordan and Katie but I thought the big girl played well last night also and the little guard that handles the ball..And Porter seems to draw most of the other teams best player..So..a good blend and everyone has a certain thing thet do well.An excellent team.!