District 13AA Tournament Bracket

GCPioneer

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a total and complete sidenote...UTM Women finished 4th in the OVC and get to host their first round game of the conference tournament. What a turnaround from the past couple seasons. Just to think Coach Kevin McMillan did with only 6 girls getting quality playing time and with the talent he has. He should get OVC Coach of the Year because I am pretty sure they were picked to finish last and no one thought they would do this well his first season. They are going to be loaded next season with the Gibson Co big 3, Glenn, and the other 6 or 7 he signed in the 2010 class!! :roflol:

sportslover, I agree completely! You have the Gibson trio that includes AA Ms. Basketball finalist Heather Butler, Perica Glenn from Milan who is a great player, Jasmine James from Millington who is the absolute real deal and is a Ms. Basketball finalist in AAA, the girl from Ohio and from what I'm hearing on her is that she's Amber Rechis all over again, Beth Hawn from Forrest who is a class A Ms. Basketball finalist and many other great players coming in. You also got to remember that Weatherly will most likely be back next year as well as maybe Labrica Ward and a couple of this years players. Things are about to get real exciting for UT-Martin women's basketball! Congrats to Coach McMillan and the team on doing what they have done thus far! Sorry I got on a soap box on UT-Martin on a 13AA thread, however it does consist of 13AA players. :D

Its Jasmine Newsome from Millington not Jasmine James. James is a freshman at Georgia who has recieved SEC Freshman of the year consideration.

Yes she did and lit it up....could it be a miraculous recovery ..if you were there, you knew what happened....lol

Don't let the points mis-lead you. no one didn't necessarily 'light it up' the other night.

As for what happen in the consolation game and who played and didn't play- the way I look at it- what comes around, goes around. If it were the case, I don't really understand the logic behind of wanted to be in the opposite bracket of Gibson Co. so you can be in the same bracket with someone who Just DEFEATED you by 15 on your home floor. Again, you'll just have to take people at their word and go from there. GC and da View of Martin are both good teams and OC will have the hands full no matter who they play. This evening it happens to be Westview.. We'll see how it goes.. :D

Yes she did and lit it up....could it be a miraculous recovery ..if you were there, you knew what happened....lol

Don't let the points mis-lead you. no one didn't necessarily 'light it up' the other night.

As for what happen in the consolation game and who played and didn't play- the way I look at it- what comes around, goes around. If it were the case, I don't really understand the logic behind of wanted to be in the opposite bracket of Gibson Co. so you can be in the same bracket with someone who Just DEFEATED you by 15 on your home floor. Again, you'll just have to take people at their word and go from there. GC and da View of Martin are both good teams and OC will have the hands full no matter who they play. This evening it happens to be Westview.. We'll see how it goes.. :D

If Westview is to win they have to play a more up tempo game. This in itself plays into Obions hands. One difference tonight will not be who plays better Fussell or Rechis, but which team's other 4 kids on the floor decides to step up and play.

The other factor is in the minds of these kids. Westview got a taste of the State Tournament last year with some success in the boro. No player on the current Obion squad has made it to the substate much less the state. Both coaches have been there and understand the importance of big games. The ultimate question is who wants it more? Which coach can get their team to buy into the game plan and execute? One things for sure, this game will not be short any drama!

so you honestly think westview cant beat gc? they return the same team from the state semis last year, they have the talent and are capable of beating anyone on any night.

I'm not saying they can't, but Gibson Co. has defeated Westview 7 straight times now dating back to last year.

As a GC fan, I'll admit that Stephenson's game plan was smart. It sucked for us GC fans as we watched it as it was not our type of game, but that was Westview's best chance to beat us. I hope Westview can knock off Obion Co. in the Region semi's if those 2 play so we can play 2 more times this year for a Region and state championship! That Murphy Center sure would be packed out!

Well GCPioneer I hope you get what you wished for. I wish it could have been LA and GC at it again but LA got beat tonight by a good Upperman team it was within 5 the whole game one way or the other. Best of luck to the GC team look to seeing yall in the borro.

That was one of the most amazing come back wins I have ever witnessed. Its hard to overcome a 15 point deficit in 7AA against a good 13AA team. That shows a lot of heart. In the end you could tell WV wanted it more than OC in my opinion. Congratulations WV & congratulations to the OC team. I appreciate how respectful WV crowd was too. Can't really say that for the OC student body. dry.gif

Looks like we got a match-up between the two best teams in 13AA as I have said all season. Let's lace 'em up get it on!

Go Gibson Co. :thumb:

That was one of the most amazing come back wins I have ever witnessed. Its hard to overcome a 15 point deficit in 7AA against a good 13AA team. That shows a lot of heart. In the end you could tell WV wanted it more than OC in my opinion. Congratulations WV & congratulations to the OC team. I appreciate how respectful WV crowd was too. Can't really say that for the OC student body. dry.gif

Looks like we got a match-up between the two best teams in 13AA as I have said all season. Let's lace 'em up get it on!

Go Gibson Co. :roflol:

I'd like to see that "Want It More Meter".... :thumb: ...I doubt very seriously Westview wanted it anymore than Obion Central....

Both teams made big runs in the game...Both teams had their star players lead them and both had role players step up as well...You can't miss free throws, turn the ball over and miss lay-ups and expect to beat Westview or Gibson County....A game is 32 minutes long...It doesn't matter if you have a lead or are tied for 31:53 of a game..You got to be ahead when the final horn sounds...That's what Westview did, they won and congrats to them....