Thoughts on the state

tnlonghorn

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

or on the Marine Corps blocks like they had in the duals

When we were helping TSSAA set up the mats on Thursday, the scoreclocks on the Marine Corps blocks really blocked the view of the mats from all the way from the lowest seats to the tops. This is why they were placed on the floor.

being from memphis it was a nice little drive instead of getting home at 4 or 5 in the morning. however the biggest problem is that during the breaks all the teams have to leave and get on the interstate to get food or to do something. this is a problem because we all know that people in the state of tn cant drive there for it causes wrecks. and if there is a bus that is stuck on traffic that has all the wrestlers on it they will all miss weigh ins or the parade of champions this could happen to alot of teams. just something that i heard several coaches talk about other then how there are no showers great way to get the wrestlers with staff or some other wrestling disease.

Traffic should get better:

I-65 in Williamson County - From SR 840 to SR 96

FAQs

1. When are they going to do something about the congestion on I-65 in the Cool Springs Area?

TDOT is currently working on the development of engineering plans on the widening of I-65 from four lanes to eight lanes from SR 840 to SR 96 and the modification of the interchange at SR 248 (Goose Creek Rd.) in Williamson County. A public meeting is scheduled for the Fall of 2009.

2. When will construction begin?

A section of the I-65 Widening Project from SR 248 to SR 96 has been targeted for construction funding for the summer of 2010. Plans development is currently underway.

3. Will my property be impacted by the widening?

No additional right-of-way will be needed for the widening of I-65. However, if you have property at the SR 248 interchange, there may be some impacts on right-of-way.

Traffic should get better:

I-65 in Williamson County - From SR 840 to SR 96

FAQs

1. When are they going to do something about the congestion on I-65 in the Cool Springs Area?

TDOT is currently working on the development of engineering plans on the widening of I-65 from four lanes to eight lanes from SR 840 to SR 96 and the modification of the interchange at SR 248 (Goose Creek Rd.) in Williamson County. A public meeting is scheduled for the Fall of 2009.

2. When will construction begin?

A section of the I-65 Widening Project from SR 248 to SR 96 has been targeted for construction funding for the summer of 2010. Plans development is currently underway.

3. Will my property be impacted by the widening?

No additional right-of-way will be needed for the widening of I-65. However, if you have property at the SR 248 interchange, there may be some impacts on right-of-way.

So road construction on the interstate will help traffic? maybe in 5 years if TDOT works there like it does everywhere else

For those of you wondering about attendance #s, preliminary totals from TSSAA show total paid attendance for both the duals and individual increased by about 200 for each tournament from last year's totals. I haven't gotten a day-by-day breakdown yet, but when I do, I'll let you all know.

Speaking for all the Williamson County people who worked to put the events on, we hope they were enjoyable for all who attended and that everyone was made to feel welcomed and appreciated. As far as issues with the floor setup, lighting, prices, etc. if TSSAA choses to bring both or either tournaments back next year, we'll work to fine-tune where we can or have the ability to. Not sure what can be done about improving the lighting and gate prices are determined by TSSAA Board of Control, but those issues have been noted and discussions will take place to see what, if anything, could be done. I know there are a lot of people in this county that want to work as hard as possible to do what is best for wrestling in Tennessee, and for that, I am truly thankful.

Coach Blair

For those of you wondering about attendance #s, preliminary totals from TSSAA show total paid attendance for both the duals and individual increased by about 200 for each tournament from last year's totals. I haven't gotten a day-by-day breakdown yet, but when I do, I'll let you all know.

Speaking for all the Williamson County people who worked to put the events on, we hope they were enjoyable for all who attended and that everyone was made to feel welcomed and appreciated. As far as issues with the floor setup, lighting, prices, etc. if TSSAA choses to bring both or either tournaments back next year, we'll work to fine-tune where we can or have the ability to. Not sure what can be done about improving the lighting and gate prices are determined by TSSAA Board of Control, but those issues have been noted and discussions will take place to see what, if anything, could be done. I know there are a lot of people in this county that want to work as hard as possible to do what is best for wrestling in Tennessee, and for that, I am truly thankful.

Coach Blair

There is probably very little that can be done about the lights for most of the tournament. However, you could raise the mats for the finals (NCAA's) and have lights on the mats like they do in boxing.

Kudos to the folks that ran the tournament. The people and hospitality were great. Really efficient and made everyone feel welcome. There is no problem with those things.

The problem was with the finals. If you'll close your eyes for a moment and remember the atmosphere at UTC for the parade of Champions and the Finals, it was night and day compared to the Cow Palace. The tight packed, electric atmosphere was non-existent. It felt more like a mid-season dual meet than the biggest event in a young wrestlers life. Even casual fans who come to only this each year were remarking about the difference. Nothing that anyone could have really done, it's just that the venue isn't condusive to the the type of atmosphere we've become accustomed to.

I closed my eyes while I was there and was happy cause it was easier to get to because it was centrally located and also not downtown, more spread out and not cramped, and when I left to go eat I didnt have to pay some more of my hard earned money to park in the same spot I was in an hour earlier.

I dont even think there is anything like a parade of champions in any other sport in the state so just having one for these wrestlers is credit enough. :thumb: (and this popcorn Im eating was also cheaper...)

Coach Blair

There is probably very little that can be done about the lights for most of the tournament. However, you could raise the mats for the finals (NCAA's) and have lights on the mats like they do in boxing.

They charged for 2 year olds. Kinda harsh!

They charged for 2 year olds. Kinda harsh!

Actually 2 and under were free, 3 & up they charged $10 for which is ridiculous. I would say 5 & under free and 10 or 12 & under half price... most of those young ones ended up playing games in some of the open areas and not watching the matches anyways.

Coach Blair - thanks for the update on attendance.

Will someone please list the drawback of having the Parade of Champions and Finals at a different venue? Perhaps dwntwn Nashville. Everyone leaves the venue after the 5th and 3rd place matches anyways. This would allow the finals venue to be set up correctly saturday am, would allow for a more conducize venue for the parade and finals, and would also allow cleanup of AGI sooner.

I think this is a great idea! i wish we could get a smaller venue for the finals and really pack it in, make it easier to see both D1 and D2. (I'll bring my nocks next year). how about a local HS gym? Brentwood, Father ryan, ravenwood to name a few close schools. pack the place and get it loud!!! :thumb: