Henry County Football

West TN football

From what I saw at games vs them boys, that team is a gold mine. Big community support, good feeder program, and lots to work with. However, I just hope my Yellow Jacket compete with them this year for the region, or just make it a closer game than the last one played in the playoffs. Plus the Patriots and fans come to Boyce Field this year. I hope we can rain on the new head coaches parade. Good luck on hiring the new man to run that gold mine of a program.

I agree on the "gold mine" description. The new coach will have it made. Inman has won big lately and one of the schools in the county had their best year ever. Gaddis took them through their hard years (his first two) and now it is smooth sailing for whomever they hire. I would expect the trend of being the best 5A team in West Tennessee to continue without even a hiccup!

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a principal job open at Henry Co?..Rumour in Dyersburg is that Counce has been offered the job and former principal ,Sam Miles is going also..Could be just a rumour..!

There currently is no principal job opening in Henry County. No one has been offered any job other than our former head coach who is taking the head coaching job in North Carolina and 2 other wonderful assistant coaches that have elected to go with him. Sam Miles is/was coming to Henry County prior to any football announcement. He is the new director of schools in Henry County. His first "official" day is April 1, 2010. Therefore, you can chalk all of the chatter you are hearing up as merely rumor. The Patriots will be a power in District 10AAA for the foreseeable future given the talent they have returning and the coaches that will remain on the staff. No new coach, regardless of who he is or his previous success would want to dismantle the current staff. Keep in mind, several of the candidates mentioned are friends and collegues of our current coaching staff.

Is there a principal job open at Henry Co?..Rumour in Dyersburg is that Counce has been offered the job and former principal ,Sam Miles is going also..Could be just a rumour..!

Sam Miles is the new Director of Schools in Henry Co. Many believe since he hired Counce in Dyersburg he would do the same in Paris. That is the reason most people think Counce is coming back coupled with his previous coaching stint in Paris.

Sam Miles is the new Director of Schools in Henry Co. Many believe since he hired Counce in Dyersburg he would do the same in Paris. That is the reason most people think Counce is coming back coupled with his previous coaching stint in Paris.

I heard this morning that Sam Miles is the new director of schools..Didn't know that until this morning..That's probably where all the rumours are coming from.But again today..from a source here is still saying the job is Counce's if he wants it.

The new coach will have his hands full turning this program into one that actually plays hard and doesn't lay down when things get tough.

What are you talking about? I can think of several games with Melrose where HC fought for their lives to win. One in particular when HC was down three touchdowns and came back to win. HC was tied with Fairley going into the 4th quarter and scored three times to win. HC was down three TDs to Dickson County a couple of years ago and came back to win. There are more examples like that but no need to mention them all. I REPEAT...what are you talking about?

The new coach will have his hands full turning this program into one that actually plays hard and doesn't lay down when things get tough.

What are you talking about? I can think of several games with Melrose where HC fought for their lives to win. One in particular when HC was down three touchdowns and came back to win. HC was tied with Fairley going into the 4th quarter and scored three times to win. HC was down three TDs to Dickson County a couple of years ago and came back to win. There are more examples like that but no need to mention them all. I REPEAT...what are you talking about?

Agree this team has come from behind many times to win, but not last years' seniors. I'm sure he is talking about that attitudes that were seen many Friday nights from the few seniors that did not look like they were very good leaders. If you really are a former coach then you know what I am talking about.

hchsforlife-I am for real a former coach and I know what you are talking about and I also know what I am talking about. He said the new coach would have to change the program. He didn't mention last year's team at all. I doubt the program needs much changing. Why would you want to change it? Has it been bad? Is it in need of repair? Last year's team was not as good as recent teams but I do remember them being down three TDs to none late in the game to a VERY GOOd Liberty team and roaring back to win. Am I the only person who remembers that game? Does that indicate that they had a little fight in them?

hchsforlife-I am for real a former coach and I know what you are talking about and I also know what I am talking about. He said the new coach would have to change the program. He didn't mention last year's team at all. I doubt the program needs much changing. Why would you want to change it? Has it been bad? Is it in need of repair? Last year's team was not as good as recent teams but I do remember them being down three TDs to none late in the game to a VERY GOOd Liberty team and roaring back to win. Am I the only person who remembers that game? Does that indicate that they had a little fight in them?

I re-read my post and I should not have come across so harsh to you. I do remember the Liberty game and yes they were a good team (I wouldn't say VERY GOOD though). I should have put more on the fact that myself and several other patriot fans watched this senior class as compared to other senior class and no they were not as good as past Gaddis teams, but they also did not show the CHARACTER that the past senior classes had!!! These senior attitudes is probably what he was talking about.