District 15 A Championship

cublover91

Two teams in Western KY..just north of where I live...got into a big fight during the game due to "fan behavior." And, it was just this type of behavior that led to several fans going to jail, and the schools having to deal with the authorities at many levels about controlling things.

cheering for your school is one thing, but getting out of control and chanting vulgar phrases is quite another. This kind of "cheering" can lead to fights and jail time. It should not be a part of high school games. Sad.

You have to learn to control your emotions that you don't get into fights. You never see colege level fans get into brawls when they chant for more "out of hand" things at their games. They usually make fun of players on an indivudal basis but you don't see them complaining about it. They just take it an move on

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two teams in Western KY..just north of where I live...got into a big fight during the game due to "fan behavior." And, it was just this type of behavior that led to several fans going to jail, and the schools having to deal with the authorities at many levels about controlling things.

cheering for your school is one thing, but getting out of control and chanting vulgar phrases is quite another. This kind of "cheering" can lead to fights and jail time. It should not be a part of high school games. Sad.

You obviously have no clue what you are talking about when it comes to chants from the Scotts Hill fans. The chant that is being put way out of proportion has no vulgar phrases in it what so ever!!! All this chant does is call the team that loses "losing team" and the team that wins "winning team". I dont think that counts as vulgar!! This isn't UPWARD WHERE EVERYBODY IS A WINNER!! It is HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL WHERE YOU HAVE A TEAM THAT LOSES AND TEAM THAT WINS!! This chant has been blown way out of proportion! PLEASE GIVE IT A REST!! At our school we are not aloud to say anything vulgar in a chant!! The administration got onto the student section for sayin "you suck". The student section at Scotts Hill has not said this phrase since the Adamsville game in the district Semi Finals.

SHHS basketball teams will do well in regional action and will do what they are capable of doing. The boys this year have alot of talent and experience. When they are on they are geat to watch. I go to watch a good game. Just as they have done for many years students will cheer their teams on and we have alot of student and fan support. Tonights game at SHHS we had over 350-400 fans. The opposing team had 3. So which one would you rather have ? If you don't know us and our students, then don't judge us. We have some of the best students in West Tenn. I know~!!!!!!!! I have been attending SHHS games for several years. Hope to see you at the ball games to watch OUR PLAYERS play ball.

It seems like people don't talk about you if you are a team that loses, but when you start winning they try and put you down. I don't think I remember teams or people talking so much about us in the past.

I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing. As far as our fans saying anything against other players, they would not do this unless that player has done something to provoke them by the way they act or what they say on the court or what they have done to one of our players, or their behavior after the game. Oh well the games will go on....and the students and fans will still cheer them on.

Great game by both of those teams! Scotts Hill played well but i'm curious to see how they do when the three ball isn't falling for them. They rely on it a lot don't you think?

well the reason that they shot a bunch against middleton was because hehe was hot and blankenship can shoot lights out. but when they arent on then they will dish it inside to jones and scott and they will score about 15 each with hayes getting his quota for the night at 15 also. but scott and jones only had 6 points the other night cause hehe was on fire

Congrats to Scotts Hill. I'm glad they won. And, yall do have some great people over in that area. But, what do you think that "You suck" means? It's not very nice; it's vulgar.

Also, the Greenfield student section the other night was great at the Lady Jackets vs. W. Carroll game. I wish they'd cheer like that at every home game. But, I didnt like the singing of "Na na na na....hey, hey, goodbye" at the end of the game. That goes over the line to taunting and rubbing it in.

We should be good sports, and I'm talking to myself, as well. I've done my share of booing the refs on a "bad call." I honestly try to control my cheering....and I cheer...I holler...but, I dont want to taunt and rub it in on someone that's losing. And, I certainly dont want to come to blows with someone else over a high school game....good gracious.

If the student section at Scotts Hill would have displayed good sportsmanship after the game, this discussion would not be taking place. You can show great enthusiasm for your team without being a poor sport. Nobody is trashing the fans of Scotts Hill. It was the behavior of the Scotts Hill STUDENTS that is being questioned. The taunt that they "cheered" after the game could have lead to a very explosive situation after the game as it was a very tight and intense game from the opening tip to the final buzzer.

shhs20106, and the rest of the students at SH need to learn the difference between acceptable and unacceptable behavior. THAT is the bottom line.

Unfortunately, the behavior of the Scotts Hill student section AFTER the game has overshadowed the outstanding effort displayed by the Scotts Hill basketball team DURING the game.

1st time reader & 1st time poster & all i have to say is **ReitzFan** is absolutely without a doubt the biggest bundle of sticks cry more...

I just want to say SHHS basketball is the best! They are some of the best players that you will ever see. Landon HeHe, Garrett Blankenship, Rocky Scott, Hunter Hayes, & Brad Jones know how to play the game of basketball and the 15A Championship proves that. You wanted to get back to talking basketball. SHHS are the 15A Champions and have a very good shot to winning regionals too! GO LIONS!

Another game won tonight, another chant by our fans. It's just that we are cheering our team on after victory each night. See ya at TCA this week with our big cheering crowd. Maybe there will be enough room so we will not have to sit in other schools sections. Proud of those LIONS!!!!!

Another game won tonight, another chant by our fans. It's just that we are cheering our team on after victory each night. See ya at TCA this week with our big cheering crowd. Maybe there will be enough room so we will not have to sit in other schools sections. Proud of those LIONS!!!!!

AMEN! has anyone seen the score of the middleton game