District 15 A Championship

cublover91

I was at this game and it was standing room only tonight at TCA. To me, this game came down to the balance of Scotts Hill vs. the pure athletic ability of Middleton. For the second game in a row, the balance won out. It could have been much worse except for Scotts Hill missing several easy shots.

I was most disappointed with the post game antics of Scotts Hill players and fans. The dumping of ice water on the coach at Scotts Hill was uncalled for. It delayed the awards ceremony as several of the staff at TCA (and a couple of SH people) had to clean up the mess.

The cheer by the students of SH (we are winners, you are losers) that was directed at the Middleton fans after the game was also uncalled for. I'd urge the administration at SH to put a stop to that right now.

Both incidents marred what was a great game by both teams and a great rally by Scotts Hill in the last couple of minutes of the game.

scotts hill fans love their players and show passion for them. maybe they dont show it like other teams but when you just won back to back district championships for the first time ever, and on top of that they werent done celebrating from the girls victory, whats wrong with it? send us the clean up bill tca, it was well worth it

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at this game and it was standing room only tonight at TCA. To me, this game came down to the balance of Scotts Hill vs. the pure athletic ability of Middleton. For the second game in a row, the balance won out. It could have been much worse except for Scotts Hill missing several easy shots.

I was most disappointed with the post game antics of Scotts Hill players and fans. The dumping of ice water on the coach at Scotts Hill was uncalled for. It delayed the awards ceremony as several of the staff at TCA (and a couple of SH people) had to clean up the mess.

The cheer by the students of SH (we are winners, you are losers) that was directed at the Middleton fans after the game was also uncalled for. I'd urge the administration at SH to put a stop to that right now.

Both incidents marred what was a great game by both teams and a great rally by Scotts Hill in the last couple of minutes of the game.

scotts hill fans love their players and show passion for them. maybe they dont show it like other teams but when you just won back to back district championships for the first time ever, and on top of that they werent done celebrating from the girls victory, whats wrong with it? send us the clean up bill tca, it was well worth it

I agree it was a very exciting game and came down to the wire. I have to agree with Fan about the incident of dumping water on the coach. That is something you do on the football field, not a basketball court. Not to mention the damage it could cause to the floor if it's not completely cleaned up. There is nothing wrong with cheering for your team but Scotts Hill fans are as rude as they come. I also watched their coach in timeouts with the team and he was screaming at those boys and at one point was in Garrett's face about something he did. If I was his parent, I wouldn't have appreciated that at all and wouldn't want my child playing for somebody so crass. He was at stroke level several times. Enjoy this moment because your "easy" ride is coming to an end. Your friends in stripes won't be able to help you out in Regions. There will be that one team that comes along and puts you in your place....and shows a little more class.

First off, congrats to Scotts Hill. The HeHe kid is dynamite. I've been reading alot about the antics of SCs fans and I just want to sayto them enjoy your 15a Championship for a couple of days because now you have to play real ball. You will have to beat a team from 16a, and if you accomplish that you will have to beat a team from 14a. Both of these districts are far superior to the one you play in.

If by some chance SC gets to the boro then I will give the fans free rein to act any way they want(within the limits of good taste).....thier team would have deserved it! :evil:

I agree it was a very exciting game and came down to the wire. I have to agree with Fan about the incident of dumping water on the coach. That is something you do on the football field, not a basketball court. Not to mention the damage it could cause to the floor if it's not completely cleaned up. There is nothing wrong with cheering for your team but Scotts Hill fans are as rude as they come. I also watched their coach in timeouts with the team and he was screaming at those boys and at one point was in Garrett's face about something he did. If I was his parent, I wouldn't have appreciated that at all and wouldn't want my child playing for somebody so crass. He was at stroke level several times. Enjoy this moment because your "easy" ride is coming to an end. Your friends in stripes won't be able to help you out in Regions. There will be that one team that comes along and puts you in your place....and shows a little more class.

First off, Scotts Hill fans have done NOTHING WRONG!!! just because we travel extremely well and can pack a house out over an hour away while other teams can barely bring fans doesnt give you guys the right to hate on our fans! You can say all you want but the passion of our fans WON'T be changing because there is nothing wrong with anything we do!!! and secondly, the whole "easy" ride thing is a complete joke!!! considering weve beaten middleton twice and last year we handled your amazing district 16 just fine making it to the finals in the region!!! eventually youre gonna have to give our guys some respect, they love to see this crap that you ignorant people say on here because it gives them even more desire to succeed and prove you people wrong!

I agree that you have a right to celebrate your victory, but dumping water on a basketball court is carrying it a little to far. Do you not know that you only do that on football fields and baseball fields. Maybe your fans don't understand the difference between being outdoors and indoors. Also, calling the opposing team losers is a little classless don't you think. Have you ever heard the term sportsmanship. If you are good you don't have to be rude to the other team. You have a good team, but you are causing people to not like them because you have such bad sports in you fan base. I think your administration should try and get this under control before the next game.

Ok I am sorry if your high school players who are young adults are too emotionally insecure that being called the "losing team" after they lost hurts their feelings. I have advice for all of you GET OVER IT cause I PROMISE you it will continue!!! For whoever it was that said our district was an easy district WE BEAT MIDDLETON TWICE!!! All season long people have been saying that Middleton had a great shot at winning State. As for precious District 16 A we beat 2 of your top 4 teams last year and lost to Mannassas in the Regional Championship. If we win Region which I will say it will be tough cause Westwood and City University are good teams but if we do nobody and i will repeat NOBODY will come into Scotts Hill and beat us in a Sub-State game. And good luck to you on trying to get the administration to stop the losing team chant because the student who does it is the Principal's son!! GOOD LUCK!!! GO LIONS!!!!

Well that explains everthing. If the principal can't even control his own child I guess he has no control over students. Our players don't get their feelings hurt over the chant. I was just saying it makes your fan base and team look very unsportsmanlike to have to lower theirselves to calling the other team losers. Our players can deal with it.

Ok I am sorry if your high school players who are young adults are too emotionally insecure that being called the "losing team" after they lost hurts their feelings. I have advice for all of you GET OVER IT cause I PROMISE you it will continue!!! For whoever it was that said our district was an easy district WE BEAT MIDDLETON TWICE!!! All season long people have been saying that Middleton had a great shot at winning State. As for precious District 16 A we beat 2 of your top 4 teams last year and lost to Mannassas in the Regional Championship. If we win Region which I will say it will be tough cause Westwood and City University are good teams but if we do nobody and i will repeat NOBODY will come into Scotts Hill and beat us in a Sub-State game. And good luck to you on trying to get the administration to stop the losing team chant because the student who does it is the Principal's son!! GOOD LUCK!!! GO LIONS!!!!

stop crying cause scotts hill has a better fans than all of the other teams put together

Well that explains everthing. If the principal can't even control his own child I guess he has no control over students. Our players don't get their feelings hurt over the chant. I was just saying it makes your fan base and team look very unsportsmanlike to have to lower theirselves to calling the other team losers. Our players can deal with it.

I have to agree with tigerfanatic. Sounds like there are some issues that need to be addressed with the school. There again class is a very important part of sports. It doesn't matter how much passion your team or fans have. It's how you conduct yourself while participating, whether it's being a player or a fan. So far, I haven't been impressed.

First if all I don't see the big deal in scotts hill fans saying their chant everytime they win. Everyone knows that there's always a winner and always a loser. People are crying over this when they should just be happy that it's not worse. You would be amazed what student sections chant at the college level. For example the university of Tennessee fans have been heard sayin f$&k you bama. But yet no one crys sayin how they are disrepectful. You have to learn to just take it when you lose. Now let's actually talk basketball. How are the top 16a teams going to stack up to scotts hill and Middleton?