Region 4-AAA Tourney

MidTennFootball

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy was I ever wrong on that Riverdale-Columbia game. Leave it up to Brandon Burks to make me look like a fool.

So all the finals are in:

Lawrence Co. 72 Smyrna 54

Oakland 66 Franklin Co. 46

Siegel 54 Shelbyville 44

Columbia 58 Riverdale 32

So for tuesday night it falls like this:

Oakland v. Columbia

Siegel v. Lawrence Co.

Really looking forward to Oakland- Columbia, one of the most storied rivalries in the mid-state.

I feel pretty good about this game. Oakland has had pretty good success against Columbia in the regionals the last 5-6 years, using discipline and effiency on offense to counter their athleticism. Was very impressed to see Darius come off the bench and give Oakland some good minutes.

I thought FC played pretty well for the most part and had a good game plan, but the defensive pressure Oakland applied, combined with the points in transition will just a killer for the Rebels. Looks like they will have a pretty decent team next year.

Oakland must stop D. Parks and James English to pull out the victory. I believe the boys will be ready come Tuesday night. Kody Brown continues to prove that he is more than capable to play with any team any night! Go Patriots!!!!

Agreed. 3 Keys to beating Columbia: One, keep the turnovers down, like they did tonight. Two, be patient, eventually Columbia is going to gamble on defense, which should lead to some easy buckets. Three, gotta knock down those jump shots, FC was able to collapse the paint and force Oakland to talk jump shots. Didnt have that great of a effect because Oakland generated so many points in transition but I would be suprised to see some zone from Columbia as well.

Lawrence Co. looked very good tonight. I THINK they had 5 players in double digits. I know for a fact they had 4 players. Smyrna was better than they were earlier in the year. Did anybody see the Shelbyville vs. Siegel game. How did it stay so close for so long?

I was there DD. Siegel jumped out to an 11-0 lead but by halftime Shelbyville had whittled the lead to I believe 6 points. Shelbyville had the game as close as 3 points early in the 4th qtr but Siegel hit the free throws to close the game out and stretch the lead back to 10.

Siegel has a ton of talent but they will not out-coach anyone !!!!!!! Hammonds was a total non-factor. I am not sure that he even scored.

Props to Shelbyville for fighting til the end. As everyone knows, they are extremely short handed without Andrews and Trevor Reed but they never gave in and gave the Stars all they wanted.

I know that you and all of the Lawrence Co students take alot of pride in your student section so you should know this; The Siegel Nation has been reduced to at best a small tribe. Our parents were louder than they were.

Lawrence Co. looked very good tonight. I THINK they had 5 players in double digits. I know for a fact they had 4 players. Smyrna was better than they were earlier in the year. Did anybody see the Shelbyville vs. Siegel game. How did it stay so close for so long?

I was there DD. Siegel jumped out to an 11-0 lead but by halftime Shelbyville had whittled the lead to I believe 6 points. Shelbyville had the game as close as 3 points early in the 4th qtr but Siegel hit the free throws to close the game out and stretch the lead back to 10.

Siegel has a ton of talent but they will not out-coach anyone !!!!!!! Hammonds was a total non-factor. I am not sure that he even scored.

Props to Shelbyville for fighting til the end. As everyone knows, they are extremely short handed without Andrews and Trevor Reed but they never gave in and gave the Stars all they wanted.

I know that you and all of the Lawrence Co students take alot of pride in your student section so you should know this; The Siegel Nation has been reduced to at best a small tribe. Our parents were louder than they were.

Not saying anything that hasnt been said a million times this season...........

Great job, Oakland!! Jamal Hughes is such a complete player. The kid is just money......slow and steady and dependable. Such a joy to watch him play. Such a good head on his shoulders and such a good leader. Totally showed why he is MVP tonight. Give me him over Hammonds any day.

Oakland played some really solid defense and forced so many turnovers tonight. Yet, I think we only had around 3 ourselves. QUITE impressive and hope we can do as well against Columbia! Kody Brown came out on fire and really set the tone tonight for Oakland. We had a lot of tip- ins that were crucial at big times in the game. I was really proud of our play and am more and more impressed with what Coach Wright has been able to do with this team. I was afraid his focus might not be on defense like Randy's was, but I was dead wrong. Keep it up Patriots.

You are dead on about seegull's coaching. So much talent on that court.

Great job, Oakland!! Jamal Hughes is such a complete player. The kid is just money......slow and steady and dependable. Such a joy to watch him play. Such a good head on his shoulders and such a good leader. Totally showed why he is MVP tonight. Give me him over Hammonds any day.

Oakland played some really solid defense and forced so many turnovers tonight. Yet, I think we only had around 3 ourselves. QUITE impressive and hope we can do as well against Columbia! Kody Brown came out on fire and really set the tone tonight for Oakland. We had a lot of tip- ins that were crucial at big times in the game. I was really proud of our play and am more and more impressed with what Coach Wright has been able to do with this team. I was afraid his focus might not be on defense like Randy's was, but I was dead wrong. Keep it up Patriots.

You are dead on about seegull's coaching. So much talent on that court.

If anything, the focus is probably more on defense than it ever has been. As in regards to turning up the tempo, forcing turnovers, etc. Oakland is very solid at the point, which will serve them well against Columbia.

Thanks for the update slow. I hope the LC student section will travel even more people than we usually do. I hope this will be a different year for LC against Siegel. I think they have the coaching and the shooting to do so. Should be a better game than years passed.