Rankin must be looking!!!!!!

automatic

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talked to some friends down in Dalton and Rankin was their on Friday. They are very high on him. I think he is their guy if they can pull him away. Dalton has a strong program with incredible facilities. This could be interesting.
Wow, look, another Rankin's leaving thread! Keep on wishing boys! He will be here until his son graduates in two years. Then the Nix regin begins. BTW, Rankin was at school all day Wednesday. If the source is accurate, then it looks like Rankin has mastered either cloning or teleportation! :roflol:

Looks like my source had the day wrong,sorry.But looking at this post by Howard one he is looking.Also, I heard Rankin interviewed earlier at a private school in Atlanta.Anybody know about this?

Talked to some friends down in Dalton and Rankin was their on Friday. They are very high on him. I think he is their guy if they can pull him away. Dalton has a strong program with incredible facilities. This could be interesting.

Did a little research on the Dalton situation. According to a couple of news sources, the last coach resigned after being confronted by a "small but vocal group of boosters" after he interviewed for the Perry, Ga job. The previous coach had a 10-year career at the school, two of which as the head coach. The same head coach that took them to the first round of the 4A state playoffs last year.

Although the program boasts of 50-year history of winning, it is quite interesting to note that the school has not won a state championship since 1967. 14-7 the last two years. The school may have great facilities and "strong" (not my definition of strong) program, this does not look like a very good match for Rankin for the following two reasons: 1) an overbearing booster club that likes to "help" coach, 2) A very average program.

Rankin will not tolerate interference in his program by boosters. Further, I cannot see such an average program attracting Rankin. I still say he is not leaving, particulary to a program in such turmoil with its boosters. I guess we will see who is right!

Rankin will not leave until his son graduates and at that point is when Nix will take over the program as head coach. Alcoa is just "way too good" of a situation right now and to leave it at this point this late in the semester would be silly. If/when Rankin leaves Alcoa I promise everyone that he will definitely resign before Christmas to allow his successor to make an easy transition going into the next semester.

Did a little research on the Dalton situation. According to a couple of news sources, the last coach resigned after being confronted by a "small but vocal group of boosters" after he interviewed for the Perry, Ga job. The previous coach had a 10-year career at the school, two of which as the head coach. The same head coach that took them to the first round of the 4A state playoffs last year.

Although the program boasts of 50-year history of winning, it is quite interesting to note that the school has not won a state championship since 1967. 14-7 the last two years. The school may have great facilities and "strong" (not my definition of strong) program, this does not look like a very good match for Rankin for the following two reasons: 1) an overbearing booster club that likes to "help" coach, 2) A very average program.

Rankin will not tolerate interference in his program by boosters. Further, I cannot see such an average program attracting Rankin. I still say he is not leaving, particulary to a program in such turmoil with its boosters. I guess we will see who is right!

Carpet money could make a difference. Dalton produces some good players, they had a defensive end this past season sign with Georgia, and an offensive lineman for next year has already committed to Georgia. One thing about the school, though it has around 1500-1800, I'd say quite a few are children of immigrants or immigrants themselves, and not a lot of those students usually play (American) football. Yes, there are exceptions. There are other large schools around it too and if Dalton starts dominating it doesn't seem to difficult to transfer down there.

"Well broke, you are sooooo smart. You know it all don't you? My, my, I wish I was just half as smart as you are. You wouldn't know Gary Rankin if he walked in the room. You get a highlysuccessful coach and "know it all's" start showing how dumb they are."

Easy now scooter, I little dose of I TOLD YOU so isn't so bad every now and then. :D

"Well broke, you are sooooo smart. You know it all don't you? My, my, I wish I was just half as smart as you are. You wouldn't know Gary Rankin if he walked in the room. You get a highlysuccessful coach and "know it all's" start showing how dumb they are."

Easy now scooter, I little dose of I TOLD YOU so isn't so bad every now and then. :thumb:

"and not the character fo the coach" is what I had reference to. His leaving Alcoa is entirely up to him and Sandra and the children.

If and when Coach Rankin leaves, Defensive Cord. Brian Nix will be the next Head coach at Alcoa. With Coach Nix and a creative Offensive Cord., Alcoa will be hard to beat. Most of Rankin's coaching staff was in place before his hire and with two straight state championships under their belt. A smart decision on Rankin's part, was to keep them and their winning chemistry. Coach Rankin has brought a lot to the table and DID take Alcoa too the next level. Mainly in discipline. If the Coach that replaces Rankin can keep the discipline and current coaching staff together, they would continue the success.

The rumblings are getting louder by the hour....waiting on a SOLID confirmation before I say he is gone, but I got a feeling it is coming.

Like everybody else in Alcoa, I feel Brian Nix will be the next head coach. He did not leave after not getting the job three years ago and it will be time he is rewarded for his patience.

The F5 will still win their seventh straight, be it Rankin or Nix at the helm. :thumb: