Trouble brewing again at Grace Christian Academy?

JoeKnows

If this proves to be true, it's a very bad, sad statement. It amazes me how these holier-than-thou people claim they want to keep their kids in a Godly environment, away from the evils that run rampant through the public schools. Then, next thing you know, they want their kids to compete for every title in every sport that the public schools have, so they won't be deprived. When they start winning, it's just because they raise more money, they're helped because they don't have the "resources" that established schools have. What really happens? They get some wealthy donors, usually parents, to "help" with tuition, showcase their new up-to-date facilities to prospective athletes, get some tutors to help with grades, then claim that they're just "blessed" with wonderful athletes that just happen to live close by, and that they're so fortunate to have parents that can raise money to help the school operate. I know many private schools don't do this, but how can a small, private scool suddenly becaome a state power shortly after opening? In more than one sport? I'm not saying that Grace actually did all this, but it certainly looks like it.

As a Christian, I do not appreciate the indirect slam at my choice of worship. I don't know anything about GCA, but I can tell you that sometimes Christian Schools are not full of Christian people like you might think sir. I used to teach at a Christian School and a good percentage of the students had never seen a church door.

He did not slam your choice of worship! There should be more Christian people in this world. What he is saying is that it is kinda funny that SOME people send their kids to a "Christian" school so they can get their kids away from evils of the world and want them to be taught by an institution with "Christian" beliefs. Turns out they are sending thier kids to a school where cheating is not only condoned but encouraged! Not exactly "Christian" values! Don't call yourself a "Christian" school if you are condoning cheating because you are just making yourself look bad.

Does anyone know the details of the situation?

Why let the details get in the way of wild speculation?

details as of now:someone turned williams in said his tuition was being paid by the school,well tssaa is in the middle of a huge investigation of more than just this situation,williams grandparents told the truth about the tuition,they were told it was a scholarship(not).I would guess some of the folks there are tired of all the cheating and lying and turned them in and after the allegations the tssaa found out it is not a scolarship fund,the school is actually paying the kids tuition,boy i remember something like this at temple a few years ago,they got slammed.it is so hard to build a competitive basketball or football program much less two at the same time,had to figure something was going on.Two years in a row of cheating;six if you count the wanamaker situation.

If this proves to be true, it's a very bad, sad statement. It amazes me how these holier-than-thou people claim they want to keep their kids in a Godly environment, away from the evils that run rampant through the public schools. Then, next thing you know, they want their kids to compete for every title in every sport that the public schools have, so they won't be deprived. When they start winning, it's just because they raise more money, they're helped because they don't have the "resources" that established schools have. What really happens? They get some wealthy donors, usually parents, to "help" with tuition, showcase their new up-to-date facilities to prospective athletes, get some tutors to help with grades, then claim that they're just "blessed" with wonderful athletes that just happen to live close by, and that they're so fortunate to have parents that can raise money to help the school operate. I know many private schools don't do this, but how can a small, private scool suddenly becaome a state power shortly after opening? In more than one sport? I'm not saying that Grace actually did all this, but it certainly looks like it.

As a Christian, I do not appreciate the indirect slam at my choice of worship. I don't know anything about GCA, but I can tell you that sometimes Christian Schools are not full of Christian people like you might think sir. I used to teach at a Christian School and a good percentage of the students had never seen a church door.

First of all SIR, this wasn't directed at you. I know full well that sometimes Christian schools aren't full of Christian people. Some of the worst behavior I have ever seen from fans has been from Christian school fans. Second, don't you think that these kids and their families should act and behave according to the name? I mean, having Christian in your school's name should lead you to act to the highest standard. Since you claim to know nothing of GCA, there was no reason for you to pipe up about YOUR choice of worship. It has nothing to do with you.

Sure I may have overreacted....but the use of the phrase "holier than thou" struck a nerve. I try my best to live as best as possible, but I surely do not see myself as holier than thou.

The phrase may have struck a nerve, but it is true, regardless. You may try your best to live up to that standard, but I have encountered many who don't. My grandfather was a preacher, and the best man I have ever known. I've been in many churches all over upper east Tennessee and N Carolina, and have met many fine people, and several who thought they were fine. I realize there is cheating going on most likely at every level of schools, but Christian schools such as Grace have to realize they are being held to a higher standard, simply by being Christian schools. This cheating is indicative of what their parents and teachers were trying to originally shield their kids from in the first place.

Does anyone know the details of the situation?

Why let the details get in the way of wild speculation?

details as of now:someone turned williams in said his tuition was being paid by the school,well tssaa is in the middle of a huge investigation of more than just this situation,williams grandparents told the truth about the tuition,they were told it was a scholarship(not).I would guess some of the folks there are tired of all the cheating and lying and turned them in and after the allegations the tssaa found out it is not a scolarship fund,the school is actually paying the kids tuition,boy i remember something like this at temple a few years ago,they got slammed.it is so hard to build a competitive basketball or football program much less two at the same time,had to figure something was going on.Two years in a row of cheating;six if you count the wanamaker situation.

You act as if you really know whats going on and ONCE AGAIN you do not. Tuition was not paid by the SCHOOL and that is the only thing that is being questioned so dont try and make it sound like there are OTHER things being looked into because there is not. Simply if the parents paid it or not and if it makes him ineligible because only parents or family can do so. Skippy I guess you are not a man of your word because you said you were through bashing Grace and here you go again saying things like you KNOW something and like last time dont have a clue.

What would the TSSAA do if the state of tennesse finally did what every state in the country needs to do and approve a voucher program that allows parents to choose where to send their kids? I think that would be great. For academic purposes mosly but also in terms of athletics it would be awesome. Nothing improves individuals like competition. Coaching would improve because kids could choose where they want to go to school just like teaching would improve. I think basketball would get a lot more competitive. bad coaches getting fired good ones being paid more than bad ones. Coaches work harder now to improve themselves, players work harder to play for the coach they want to. Think about all the benefits to athletes and students. Of course under the current system if Grace has done this than they should be ashamed.