Trouble brewing again at Grace Christian Academy?

JoeKnows

I heard Williams is being a whistle blower and telling about how his "Financial Aid" was being paid. Heard TSSAA was very interested in the situation. Especially after last year's fiasco with the coaches having a Florida boy up here with no family and having to forfeit all those games last season. I hear that there the football and basketball team are going to have to forfeit games and maybe will be made an example by the TSSAA. Just short of a death penalty. It seems like every season that Grace Christian Academy is in some kind of trouble. What will it take for them to realize they are not doing things the right way? is everybody else tired of them getting by with the way they operate things over there at that private school?

If this proves to be true, it's a very bad, sad statement. It amazes me how these holier-than-thou people claim they want to keep their kids in a Godly environment, away from the evils that run rampant through the public schools. Then, next thing you know, they want their kids to compete for every title in every sport that the public schools have, so they won't be deprived. When they start winning, it's just because they raise more money, they're helped because they don't have the "resources" that established schools have. What really happens? They get some wealthy donors, usually parents, to "help" with tuition, showcase their new up-to-date facilities to prospective athletes, get some tutors to help with grades, then claim that they're just "blessed" with wonderful athletes that just happen to live close by, and that they're so fortunate to have parents that can raise money to help the school operate. I know many private schools don't do this, but how can a small, private scool suddenly becaome a state power shortly after opening? In more than one sport? I'm not saying that Grace actually did all this, but it certainly looks like it.

I heard Williams is being a whistle blower and telling about how his "Financial Aid" was being paid. Heard TSSAA was very interested in the situation. Especially after last year's fiasco with the coaches having a Florida boy up here with no family and having to forfeit all those games last season. I hear that there the football and basketball team are going to have to forfeit games and maybe will be made an example by the TSSAA. Just short of a death penalty. It seems like every season that Grace Christian Academy is in some kind of trouble. What will it take for them to realize they are not doing things the right way? is everybody else tired of them getting by with the way they operate things over there at that private school?

well i have kept this to myself most of the year(because i said i would not make negative coments about Grace if williams and Burdette came back to the program),but in lew of these circumstances this was one of the reasons i heard they would not be back,for one i heard from a previous board member that they were setting up a fund for the athletes that could not pay the tuition(donations by church members)which is still illegal and unethical in public sports,and yes the coaches knew about it and also the administration,just as they knew before the state tourn last year but would not do anything about it until they returned,this is why GCA gets put down and ridiculed by the other schools in the area,if you cheat you will get caught,and you all have had a loose cannon with the williams kid since he came from karns.I'm very surprised they dont give them the death penalty,if they go back(which they probably cant)to the wannamaker kid living with the pastors son(illegal)then the pridgeon kid, to williams,by which a former coach said he knew all along williams tuition was being paid along with afew other indescretions,thats one of the reasons he lft there some four years ago.i think this will be just the start if they start digging,you cant get that good that fast as small of a school as they have,its almost impossible!

If this proves to be true, it's a very bad, sad statement. It amazes me how these holier-than-thou people claim they want to keep their kids in a Godly environment, away from the evils that run rampant through the public schools. Then, next thing you know, they want their kids to compete for every title in every sport that the public schools have, so they won't be deprived. When they start winning, it's just because they raise more money, they're helped because they don't have the "resources" that established schools have. What really happens? They get some wealthy donors, usually parents, to "help" with tuition, showcase their new up-to-date facilities to prospective athletes, get some tutors to help with grades, then claim that they're just "blessed" with wonderful athletes that just happen to live close by, and that they're so fortunate to have parents that can raise money to help the school operate. I know many private schools don't do this, but how can a small, private scool suddenly becaome a state power shortly after opening? In more than one sport? I'm not saying that Grace actually did all this, but it certainly looks like it.

As a Christian, I do not appreciate the indirect slam at my choice of worship. I don't know anything about GCA, but I can tell you that sometimes Christian Schools are not full of Christian people like you might think sir. I used to teach at a Christian School and a good percentage of the students had never seen a church door.

As a Christian, I do not appreciate the indirect slam at my choice of worship. I don't know anything about GCA, but I can tell you that sometimes Christian Schools are not full of Christian people like you might think sir. I used to teach at a Christian School and a good percentage of the students had never seen a church door.

I don't think anyone is "slamming" your choice of worship. Your choice of worship is probably 99% of the people on heres choice of worship. I think most people would just like to see a school that represents their choice of worship be a little more representitive of it's teachings rather than trying to bend rules and use under the table money to help build their sports program.

The problem with any program whether it is Christian or not is that the priority switches from teaching young men and women character, responsibility, and work ethic to Just win at all costs, or do whatever benefits you the most. The worst part about all of this is that it is adults: Coaches, Parents, and Community people who are pushing this kind of attitude towards these kids. The consolation round the other night between Midway and Grace was a joke. Both teams were intentionally trying to lose. All because Oliver Springs is on probation and cannot hold a home game. The loser of the game between MHS and GC would get/has a home game with Oliver Springs. The winner drove to Jellico. Grace didn't play their starters very much if any, and Midway was sandbagging. It makes you wonder what Coaches are thinking. The focus of high school sports in some programs is so far from what it should be: Character, work ethic, responsibility, giving your best all the time, no matter what! Integrity and character are the two most important things that we can teach our players. It is unfortunate that the Grace boys basketball program has become more about winning and less about Christian Principals. The actions from last year, as well as this year prove that. Actions always speak louder than words. This also gives us Christians a black eye because it shows the world a hypocritical view point. Something that we preach not to be about. I hope the TSSAA puts the hammer down on Grace to humble them. I also hope that it will cause some to look in the mirror and realize what is most important...character.