Trouble brewing again at Grace Christian Academy?

JoeKnows

What would the TSSAA do if the state of tennesse finally did what every state in the country needs to do and approve a voucher program that allows parents to choose where to send their kids? I think that would be great. For academic purposes mosly but also in terms of athletics it would be awesome. Nothing improves individuals like competition. Coaching would improve because kids could choose where they want to go to school just like teaching would improve. I think basketball would get a lot more competitive. bad coaches getting fired good ones being paid more than bad ones. Coaches work harder now to improve themselves, players work harder to play for the coach they want to. Think about all the benefits to athletes and students. Of course under the current system if Grace has done this than they should be ashamed.

We have a system now that seperates private schools from public schools! Grace just simply decides to ignore the rules so that they can play against lesser competition and thus win more games. They intentionally cheat but still want to be known as a "Christian" school. Embarrassing!

Private schools (cak,Grace) should not be allowed to play in public school districts. This makes tssaa look like a joke.

luvgolf, you are entitled to your opinion. I have no problem that you would like to see the rules changed so that privates can't play in public school districts. That is a debate that has been going on for quite a while and I suspect that it will continue even if the rules are changed. There is even a forum here on CoachT dedicated to the Public/Private debate. However, let's be clear. There is no comparison between the allegations that have been and are currently surrounding the GCA program and CAK's reputation for how they run their athletic programs. There have been suggestions of questionable practices about GCA for quite a while now. I hope for many reasons that they are untrue. But regardless, that simply isn't the case with CAK, who has earned the reputation that they have of running a clean program. All Christian private schools do not run their athletic programs the same. You may disagree with the TSSAA allowing non scholarship privates to play in the public school division, but however much success CAK has or hasn't had, they've done it the right way and by the book.

luvgolf... no question.

However, what about a small private school that does everything by the book. It takes money to get kids to the school and with the multiplier that takes a school with 300 to 400 students and bumps them up to the larger public schools the task is harder for the private school my opinion. So those schools that don't give financial support are really at a disadvantage. With that said I agree if all private schools played private then this would be a non issue.

luvgolf... no question.

However, what about a small private school that does everything by the book. It takes money to get kids to the school and with the multiplier that takes a school with 300 to 400 students and bumps them up to the larger public schools the task is harder for the private school my opinion. So those schools that don't give financial support are really at a disadvantage. With that said I agree if all private schools played private then this would be a non issue.

Very good points. Also with a limited number of private schools in East TN, it is very cost prohibitive to have "district" games in Nashville and Memphis. Catholic, with the multiplier, is far and away the smallest school in AAA for all sports but football which is 5A. Hard to compete with Farragut and other schools that have 1000 more students. Don't lump everyone into the same boat as Grace when they are doing things that are questionable at best. Please don't bring up recruiting either since the recruiting base for the publics is pretty diverse in this area too.

luvgolf... no question.

If the way this is portrayed is true, then it would be just as illegal in Division II as it is in Division I

westtnman i think you didn't understand what i meant. i was saying not all private schools give money but i maybe wrong but i think d2 does give aide. those private schools that give aide in d1 are wrong. i was saying for those that are doing things right are at a disadvatage because of the multiplier.

I've always thought they were taking shortcuts to help their success.Remind me of Temple,just a sad example for a Christian school.

:roflol: Pujo, You knows them christian folkes wouldn't lie and cheat......................... Old Pirate played golf with a Chatt feller who's son went to that Art & Sciences school and then transfered after a whole herd of new recruits came in. Now OP knows theys not a christian school but Chatt is full of schools with recruiting wars yearly. Ah well, most only play certain sports so that don't always effect Futeball.

I say put all private schools in AAA, and see if they can play with the big boys. Brentwood Academy did it for years, and this will get rid of Division II that no one cares about and seems to be a joke.

Dyron, I hate to disagree with you about DII being a joke. There is some really good basketball in DII especially with the bigger (by that I mean name) schools. When Catholic was in it, the talent level at certain schools was incredible. Brentwood Academy with David Harrison, Brandon Wright, Vic King, Josh Bone (just to name a few) were ball players. Notre Dame when they had Bowman, Beasly, Parks, the Ellison twins, Valentine and company. Baylor, Briarcrest etc. However, it does seem that the smaller DII schools today are not as talented as the "big boys". I do agree with you about letting most of the private schools play AAA and the smaller ones (enrollment less than 200) playing AA.