Region 4AA

williamz71

York had something to prove to Upperman tonight and I think they did just that!!!!

Thursday should be a good game between two teams who know each other well.

Good win by LA tonight. The Dragons will see you Thursday.

:lol:

LA played a messy first quarter but come back to play a great rest of the game. This wasnt the way I thought tonight would go by any means. I thought Upperman would beat York pretty bad and LA would take a good lead early in their game and be kinda on auto piolt for the rest of the game. York is on a roll knocking off Chatt. Noter Dame and Upperman lets hope that stops Thursday for LA's sake but picks up again for the sub state game they will play. Congrads York on a win tonight. When was the last time York played for a region title? Grundy Co was alot better team than I think most were expecting to see tonight. There a very competetive team and I wish them the best of luck in future seasons. On a side note what was the deal with the poster of the wildcat with the #23 jersey on it with a noose around its neck??? I heard several people sitting around me comment on it. Fans should have more class than something like that. Other than that the White Co gym was rockin tonight with four VERY well repersented teams. I have to give props to York I think they were the loudest in the building tonight. I also loved how in the second half of the LA game that the LA fan base started doing HOGEYE almost everytime LA was on defence and it seamed to help. Not to mention the confused looks on some of the Grundy fans faces when the Wildcat fans started yelling Go Hogeye, and doin our yell it was fun. And last but certainly not least BEST wishes to all the Upperman Seniors who have made the last four year a great time to be a 8AA fan. Its been fun watchin yall and Congrads on everything you have accomplished in the past 4 years and repersenting your school and district well. See yall Thursday. Its gonna be loud. Go HOGEYE. :roll:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has bee years since York has been this far. I believe 68 was the last time the boys had anything to do with the substate. I could be wrong but I think it has been that long. York and LA both are tough to beat when they are clicking on all cylinders. I look forward to seeing a good game Thursday.

Go Gragons :roll:

It has bee years since York has been this far. I believe 68 was the last time the boys had anything to do with the substate. I could be wrong but I think it has been that long. York and LA both are tough to beat when they are clicking on all cylinders. I look forward to seeing a good game Thursday.

Go Gragons :roll:

Just wondering, is this K.H. Williams?

And last but certainly not least BEST wishes to all the Upperman Seniors who have made the last four year a great time to be a 8AA fan. Its been fun watchin yall and Congrads on everything you have accomplished in the past 4 years and repersenting your school and district well.

For the record this Upperman team only had one senior, Simmons, and he provided great leadership and kept us in many games.

Go Gragons ;)

Just wondering, is this K.H. Williams?

Sorry but no I'm not.

I didnt get a chance to make it to the Upperman -v- York game, so I dont know what happened there, Im guessing it just comes down to "the team that scores the most points, wins" :thumb: Congrats to York, and Good luck.

The fellas at Upperman, dang. All I can say is that was a much better year than what people predicted at the beginning. Mitchel Simmons is a class act. And a fine basketball player. He will be sorely missed.

Next year I expect to see some great things out of this team. We will miss Simmons, and there are not many that can step in and play that role, but that is what we thought when we lost EEEEEthan Christian to graduation last year.

Got the McWilliams fella coming up next year, and possibly some big kids that can help out. Im looking for good things.

Good luck to the rest of you this weekend.

I didnt get a chance to make it to the Upperman -v- York game, so I dont know what happened there, Im guessing it just comes down to "the team that scores the most points, wins" :thumb: Congrats to York, and Good luck.

The fellas at Upperman, dang. All I can say is that was a much better year than what people predicted at the beginning. Mitchel Simmons is a class act. And a fine basketball player. He will be sorely missed.

Next year I expect to see some great things out of this team. We will miss Simmons, and there are not many that can step in and play that role, but that is what we thought when we lost EEEEEthan Christian to graduation last year.

Got the McWilliams fella coming up next year, and possibly some big kids that can help out. Im looking for good things.

Good luck to the rest of you this weekend.

Good luck

The last time that I am aware that the Dragons were in the SubState were 1991 and 1994. :motorbike:

...In 1994 York was defeated by the Tyner "Rams"...this coming Monday York is coming to Chattanooga (again) to play Tyner...have a safe trip down from Fentress County!!!

Congrats to Tyner..

But gotta pull for D8-AA.. Go York!