SIGNAL MOUNTAIN FOOTBALL FEMALE KICKER ?

BEAST27

Just heard that Signal Mtn is gonna have a couple of girls come out for the football team. Heard that they may be sisters and are really, really good soccer players. Maybe coming out to kick or punt. Supposedly secretly taking lessons from some NFL kicker close to family. They heard about Grace's and Heritage's female kickers and are gonna give it a try. From what I hear one is kicking 40 yd field goals. I know there was a couple of girls wrestling there this year. Anybody else heard about these ladies?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

A few years back we (McKenzie) played Harpeth in the playoffs and they had a girl kicker (also, soccer player) and she was pretty darn good too!!! If I'm not mistaken she went on and became a kicker at a NCAA D2 school and became the first girl to score in a NCAA football game by kicking an extra point or field goal one.....I don't recall. It was reported on ESPN. Maybe someone who is more familiar with that circumstance will see this and chime in on it.

when does tssaa reclassify and what classifacation do you think signal will be in

It is what it is, for better or worse, through 2012. The '08 reclass that took affect for '09 was a four year deal unless something major happens.

If their enrollment is enough to put them into a new class after two years, PLUS has grown 20 percent then they'd move up after only two years. I think they will easily meet both of those requirements and be in Class AA in all sports, 3A playoff football the year after next.