EAST HAMILTON HURRICANES

BEAST27

You are right EH does have that many students when you include the middle school which shares the same building. Our team is still young as over 2/3's of the team is sophomores. And you are right, the game is played on the field and I hope we reschedule the Home and Away with you all again.

We are pretty young too, about a fourth of our team are freshmen, and this is only our second year playing against legit teams(FRA,Davidson,Knox Webb,Westwood,East Ham.)And I agree, cant wait to see how the game goes next year cause this years game was great. :P

We are pretty young too, about a fourth of our team are freshmen, and this is only our second year playing against legit teams(FRA,Davidson,Knox Webb,Westwood,East Ham.)And I agree, cant wait to see how the game goes next year cause this years game was great. :P

The Freshman Hurricanes have their own team, this year. They went undefeated as Middle School Varsity, last year. And they are 2-0 so far, this year.

Yes, next year should be interesting, for sure!

• 3 weeks later...

Canes are coming off a big win agains Hixson last week....taking it to Howard this week. I feel good about this game, as last year it was no runaway by Howard and the Canes have improved greatly since then. Canes have several threats in the backfield, with a lot of speed and power in Jackson, Anderson, Monroe and Housley, and now a QB, Paone, that can throw the ball as well as hand it off and run it if he choses. Cornelius is best kicker in the region. The O-line has improved and seems to be clicking well and the whole Defensive unit seems to have finally figured it out. Too bad that most of the skill players have to play both ways, but it is making them stronger. Good Luck Canes, I can see ya'll going .500 or better this year. Ya'll can win these next 4 games against Howard, Central, East Ridge and Red Bank....and go on to the playoffs.

Canes are coming off a big win agains Hixson last week....taking it to Howard this week. I feel good about this game, as last year it was no runaway by Howard and the Canes have improved greatly since then. Canes have several threats in the backfield, with a lot of speed and power in Jackson, Anderson, Monroe and Housley, and now a QB, Paone, that can throw the ball as well as hand it off and run it if he choses. Cornelius is best kicker in the region. The O-line has improved and seems to be clicking well and the whole Defensive unit seems to have finally figured it out. Too bad that most of the skill players have to play both ways, but it is making them stronger. Good Luck Canes, I can see ya'll going .500 or better this year. Ya'll can win these next 4 games against Howard, Central, East Ridge and Red Bank....and go on to the playoffs.

...That's a pretty tall 'task'...just take them one at a time...Howard is not Hixson!!!

...Good Luck!!!

I agree with RamFan>>>>and to say Howard didnt run away with the game lastyear makes no sense>>>>Howard was terrible last year>>>worst season under Tarver>>>>>but i am impressed with EH so far this year but I hope you arent counting this Howard game as a win already

I agree with both you and RamFan. I am just hoping we will be competitive and make it a great game with no more players getting hurt. We will actually get a few back this week but I am sure they are not back at 100% yet. I have never been to a football game at Howard, what should we expect for parking and concessions T-Mac? BTW... I was most impressed with yall's basketball program last year out of all the teams. Your head basketball coach is a class act and has great control over his players. For us being a new school with a fairly dysfunctional bunch of players because of all the different schools they came from and never having played together, I thought your coach showed a great deal of respect in the way he pulled in the reigns on his players and kept them playing with good sportsmanship.

I agree with both you and RamFan. I am just hoping we will be competitive and make it a great game with no more players getting hurt. We will actually get a few back this week but I am sure they are not back at 100% yet. I have never been to a football game at Howard, what should we expect for parking and concessions T-Mac? BTW... I was most impressed with yall's basketball program last year out of all the teams. Your head basketball coach is a class act and has great control over his players. For us being a new school with a fairly dysfunctional bunch of players because of all the different schools they came from and never having played together, I thought your coach showed a great deal of respect in the way he pulled in the reigns on his players and kept them playing with good sportsmanship.

...E.Hamilton made it interesting in the 3rd and 4th quarters but just couldn't hold off the 'fire-power' of Howard! Good Luck against E.Ridge...I have no idea what's going on with the Pioneers...I guess that's why they "play" the game!!!

This Hurricane team has consistently gotten better and better. Canes had a little trouble with Howard in the first quarter and a half, but adjusted and came back and made a good showing. Any time you have guys gaining 100+ yards, there is no reason you shouldn't be winning. Hopefully the coaches will read these next three teams early and mix up the play calling which will give the Canes the advantage they need. This team has talent and lots of options to get it done, the coaches should figure out what works and get it done. I really think that they can win these next 3 games (East Ridge, Central and Red Bank) and finish on top in 4A (Tyner and Howard are 3A) and go into the playoffs and make a good showing there as well.

Edited by BEAST27

• 2 weeks later...

Red bank game made the lions look like the Tennessee Titans. Canes looked like last years team and the play calling was no better.Canes are going to run the same four plays all game .Defensive backs look lost and could not cover anyone. I do think they will get better next year,but only if the staff get their thinking out of the 1980's.

Red bank game made the lions look like the Tennessee Titans. Canes looked like last years team and the play calling was no better.Canes are going to run the same four plays all game .Defensive backs look lost and could not cover anyone. I do think they will get better next year,but only if the staff get their thinking out of the 1980's.

I'm positive they run more than 4 plays but if you want to get technical, Red Bank only runs 3 (Option, Sprint Out, Power) Red Bank has better athletes. That's what it came down to. I bet you weren't feeling like it was the same EH team when the score was 7-7 and Red Bank had fumbled twice... How many penalties did Red Bank have? EH didn't play well by any means but neither did Red Bank. Good luck in the playoffs :thumb: and next year when you lose those 20 seniors!