Tullahoma coach retires after only one year

chs4life

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the last time THS was in the state tournament was 1975 under coach Tommy Whitaker. Coach Willie Mayberry followed Whitaker and had some respectable teams in the 80's. After Mayberry left in the early the 90's, the program started into a long losing spell.

Let's hope the school board will finally make a commitment to the girls basketball program at THS. The next coach will definitely have his work cut for him, and will the need the support of the school administration, and the community to generate interest in the program.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any word on who may get the job? Are there any people that have HS experience as a coach that have applied? Would like to see someone get the job that had proven they could win somewhere else so we knew we had at least a coach that knew how to win. In order for this program to be what it should it needs a coach that first knows how to win and second has already shown that. What does everyone think?

I don't think you can make a jump from middle school to the AAA level and win immediately, but then again a young coach could possibly grow with the program so that might be a very good idea if it is someone 100% into basketball.

What is ironic last year, and even the time before when this job was open some young coaches have applied for this job, they did not get it, some never contacted, and later those coaches went on to get other jobs, and have good success. Maybe they should thank the AD and Prinicipal for passing on them.

No offense, but the last two hires were not good hires, not cause they were not good coaches, but they were not good sales to the school and community. Maybe the administration needs to look at some other schools and fixed their programs and see what those coaches all have in common.

Just an outside thought.

oh the word of a new coach is flying around hither, tither and yon....

If this were a movie it would be the scene where the house is flying around and kills the witch in the Wizard of Oz. Yet.... we still know nothing and are keeping hope alive in anticipation.

That being said, I am still praying for some good to come out of this situation.

The Goat (which has been named ToTo) is still awaiting his time....

Tullahoma needs a Coach, one that can click their ruby slippers and call Tullahoma...home.

I just hope they get someone in here that wants to be here and is willing to go through the 3-4 year process of re-building the program or some might say build the program. If we have the right hire then there is a chance to see some chance at development. I just want to say again they need to have won somewhere in high school before they come in here, of course I'm not sure you have that many proven winners lined up to take this one.

• 2 weeks later...
I just hope they get someone in here that wants to be here and is willing to go through the 3-4 year process of re-building the program or some might say build the program. If we have the right hire then there is a chance to see some chance at development. I just want to say again they need to have won somewhere in high school before they come in here, of course I'm not sure you have that many proven winners lined up to take this one.
TSF, Tullahoma has a lot going for it. I certainly would not hire you to sell my best basketball. :popcorneater: Keep your chin up