Region 7A and 8A Substate Games!!!

cublover91

I'll take Gleason over Middleton by 6.

Humboldt over Scotts Hill by 11.

apparently you have only seen the 14a teams play??

Yes, but I've talked to a coach that knows what he's talking about and this coach saw the Middleton/Scotts Hill District championship. I was told it was brutal to watch because both teams offset each other. I was told Scotts Hill could shoot the ball, but couldn't dribble well. I was told Middleton could dribble well, but couldn't shoot well. If this is the case, Scotts Hill will have ALOT of trouble with Humboldt's speed and athleticism. Hey, all I can say is go out and prove me wrong. Don't worry about what people think on here, just prove it. Good luck!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the substate games for region 7 and 8 a will both be very interesting. humboldt had gleason beat, but couldnt hold on to the lead and kept shooting themselves out of the game, little by little. that seems to be the real knock on humboldt that they dont know when to quit being so aggressive and pull the ball out. gleason is a good team. they have a good coaching staff and alot of history in their program. i give them a lot of credit for being patient and watch humboldt implode, but i will tell you that middleton isnt humboldt. they are much more disciplined than humboldt and their games against scotts hill in the tourney dont even indicate the type of season they have had. you dont find too many teams like scotts hill that have AAA size in single A. middleton had bad shooting nights in both games, but like someone else posted, if they get hot, watch out. they have the capability of putting that ball in the basket and go 10-11 deep if they need to. scotts hill has a very good team as well, but missing wyatt tonite will hurt them. she is a premier player on the rise and will be the next best thing to come out of scotts hill. and note that she is only a freshman. scotts hill's lack of depth, i think will hurt them, but having the home crowd will definitely give them a boost. if they humboldt like they did middleton and pack the lane and dare them to shoot, it will be a long nite for them. king and hubbard are like lightning in a bottle and watching them shoot the rock against gleason proves that. i would pay just to see the rebounding battle between those two schools.

in essence, these two games are going to be great games, and any fan of basketball would get their money's worth watching.

Should be two really good, close games tonight. I've seen all 4 (played against 3 of em) so here's my take.

Humboldt is playing really well right now. I would be surprised to see them beat Scotts Hill at home by 11 like GCP is predicting. If I was to predict a Humboldt win, I like Greenfieldfan's number better.

Humboldt's Keys to victory- Must shoot it well so they can extend the defense, use thier speed and athleticsm, use thier depth and run, run, run, and then run some more, the faster the pace the better as Scotts Hill isn't deep and is probably without a starter already

Scotts Hill's Keys to victory-Control the tempo, take care of the ball, stay out of foul trouble. They are probably the better team and are better coached so if they play thier game they should come out on top.

This is one of those that could be a blowout for either team or be one that is won in the last 10 seconds.

Middleton's Keys to victory- Needs a great performance out of Howser, needs someone, anyone to be able to make a outside shot, use thier post players, get offensive rebounds for 2nd and 3rd scoring chances.

Gleason's Keys to victory- Play thier own tempo, offset Middleton's athleticsm with fundamental play, limit Middleton's offensive rebounds, handle any pressure that Middleton gives them.

I'm putting my money on both of the home teams this weekend. As cublover91 alluded to earlier, both Gleason and SHHS have unmatched fan support, and in sub-state basketball the more comfortable team usually gets the win. I can't wait to see how it turns out. Good luck to everybody.

The Middleton - Gleason game had the worst one sided refs I have ever seen. Middleton fans also have no class. Orangeman 43 is not a sore loser. But it is a shame when the team has to play the refs and their opponent. The refs had dedicided who was going to when the game before they stepped on the floor. Its fine to lose agaisnst a talented team not any game where the refs determined the outcome. Any other profession you would get fired for poor job performance and/or out right cheating. Also, it is a shame when the refs run from the crowd when it was poorly called you need to stand your ground! you called it! If middleton hopes to win at the boro, they better carry their officiating crew!