White Station vs Dyer County

Icy

Melrose will still be the top team in the state next season and Adonis Thomas will be a senior. Thomas, McAfee, Ray Parks Jr.....Cawford and Atwood who alot of people don't know. Melrose will still have an overwhelming talent advantage over every team in the state next season. The will be big, fast, strong, quick, and will have some shooters to.....Melrose will be the odds on favorites to win it all next season in my opinion. There will also be Central, Southwind, East, and DC. DC has got to play some of these teams out of district next season and I think they will.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Melrose will still be the top team in the state next season and Adonis Thomas will be a senior. Thomas, McAfee, Ray Parks Jr.....Cawford and Atwood who alot of people don't know. Melrose will still have an overwhelming talent advantage over every team in the state next season. The will be big, fast, strong, quick, and will have some shooters to.....Melrose will be the odds on favorites to win it all next season in my opinion. I believet hey will go back to back..of course they still have to win it all this season...I picked them before the season and I'm sticking with them...I have never backed off that since the season started....never panicked like some did when they lost a game here and there. There will also be Central, Southwind, East, and DC next season. DC has got to play some of these teams out of district next season and I think they will.

Let me make one thing clear..No one on DC shut Joe Jackson down..The Refs did! They took him out of the game..That was the second worste called game i ever saw! And folks i just live 20 min down the road..I call it like i see it. .The only call that went Whitestations way is the Joe Jackson foul..That wasnt a foul in the first place..DC had te shoot 40 throws thats why their arms were getting tired..Whitestation beat 9 2nite people and thats a fact..5 players..3 refs and the roaring 2000 plus fans..The refs put DC back n the game..End of story..What about the falling out of bounds time out DC got..Rules clearly state U CANT DO THAT! Now i see why DC aint lost n that gym since 2007..PITIFUL! dry.gif

Let me make one thing clear..No one on DC shut Joe Jackson down..The Refs did! They took him out of the game..That was the second worste called game i ever saw! And folks i just live 20 min down the road..I call it like i see it. .The only call that went Whitestations way is the Joe Jackson foul..That wasnt a foul in the first place..DC had te shoot 40 throws thats why their arms were getting tired..Whitestation beat 9 2nite people and thats a fact..5 players..3 refs and the roaring 2000 plus fans..The refs put DC back n the game..End of story..What about the falling out of bounds time out DC got..Rules clearly state U CANT DO THAT! Now i see why DC aint lost n that gym since 2007..PITIFUL! dry.gif

Now Cope that's the first reference of the refs on this thread. I was curious on the calls but didn't want to open up a can of worms. I didn't see or listen to the game but was wondering how a good ball handling team such as White Station lose a 20 point lead..

Copenoc,

I respect you for calling things like you see them.

Questions:

1) What was the FT shooting and "Fouls" stats, for each team?

2) How exactly did the refs take Joe Jackson out of the game?

3) Did the "short ref" (that was often referred to, at the beginning of this thread) call this game?

4) Please explain how the refs "put DC back n the game?"

--------------------------------------------

Note: My questions are NOT intended to antagonize you; As a Memphian who was unable to attend the game, I'm just trying to get a "feel" for and idea of how this (exciting) game played out.

Thanks.

You're crazy dude! Joe Jackson is not what he is all hyped up about! He will be lucky to get any playing time at Univ. of Memphis. He shouldve signed with a JUCO program so he could've started somewhere smaller. Prather is a better player than Jackson.

The refs blew the call on Jackson, no question. Number 11 was clearly waiting to sub into the game by the scorers table, and the ref got number 11 confused with number 1>which was Joe Jackson. He wouldv'e fouled out of the game earlier on, which would have made a difference in the game. I'm not saying this is what cost them the game. The black official was obvious a rookie, and there should be only top notch officials calling such a game of this magnitude!! The refs let the game get out of control a little from the start. For Dyer County to come back from being down by 20 at half, is an amazing feat. They were ahead by one at one point.

You other schools from DC land need to just realize that DC is going to be good for a long time! The coaching staff at DC is unreal. I've heard about coach mccords work ethic, he puts a lot of effort into every little detail, it's amazing. I would like to have an opportunity to coach under him and learn from him. The assistants are all top notch too!!

I really thought DC was going to pull it out at the end, like they always do! They just need another big man or two. It's amazing to think that was the first home game DC has lost in over 3 years! I heard they won like 38 straight or something like that at home. I heard folks talking about it at the game.

I predict that they will indeed end up in the "Boro" at least once within the next 2-3 yrs.

Anyway, awesome game!! DC should be proud for comng back from such a big deficit.

Now Cope that's the first reference of the refs on this thread. I was curious on the calls but didn't want to open up a can of worms. I didn't see or listen to the game but was wondering how a good ball handling team such as White Station lose a 20 point lead..

I wondered the exact same thing, Terop!

If you think Joe is over-hyped then I believe you need to watch some more basketball. I am not saying he played his best game, but there is no way he will struggle for playing time for the Tigers! I have watched him since he was in middle school, the kid can flat out play. Bitter might be the word for you, maybe not, but I will take Joe Jackson over any 6 foot guard in the nation, just look at the Memphis Magic that won the AAU NC last year...and yes I know Chris Crawford (also a future Tiger) hit the winning shot, but look who won the tournament MVP. Sorry man, but you cannot argue with facts, much less the eye test. My eye test gives Joe an A+

First half DC played a zone and Hollins KILLED it.

Second half DC did what they do and played man and played fast.

Free thows killed DC.

The foul on Jackson was a bad break but thats not what beat DC. Staying in the zone too long and not hitting free throws were the dagger.

Robert Hubbs will be the biggest recruit , outside of Memphis, in the whole state in the near future.

Good summary.

Poor FT shooting has doomed the Title hopes of many, many good teams (ask the University of Memphis).....at all levels of basketball. It's always very painful to watch!

I look forward to seeing Hubbs play, one day.

------------------------------------

Remember this name, also: Jonathan Williams -- III (sp?), of Memphis Southwind!!!! He's a 6'7 (or so) F/C and started this year, as a Freshman. Inside-Outside threat, quick and agile, ballhandler.....Very versatile player.

I honestly believe that Wms will be one of the top 5 (or 10) recruits in the NATION, by the time he's a Senior! That kid has some mad, MAD raw ability, IMHO.

Joe Jackson was still the best player in the building. Robert Okelley was the 2nd best he was sitting by me. I am bothered when I watch a game called so one sided and out of three officials there is only one blowing the whistle. The big man for Dyer co. went to the free throw line every time he got the ball in the second half. Joe was forced to the bench for most of the third quarter. That led to the comeback along with the free throw shooting while the clock wasn't running. Hats off to Dyer Co. they have an excellent coach and players that are willing to die for him.

HAHAHAHA @ Joe Jackson being overrated, lol. :lol::D That was a very good and unintelligent post, lol. Thanks for the laugh. You guys do realize he's one of the top players in the country according to rivals. LOL, when I thought I had seen it all, I then realize again I haven't. Someone from DC last year said Prather was overrated and now they say Joe Jackson is overrated, lol, WOW! He didn't score 40 points in a game and now he's overrated.

Congrats to White Station on winning sub-state and making it back to state once again. Congrats to DC on playing a nationally ranked White Station team down to the wire. DC is extremely young and playing a team the caliber of White Station this close is impressive.

I hope you DC fans see what you're doing. You're taking away credit from a good defensive plan, good players, and their heart by calling Joe Jackson overrated. One game in which he put up 19 points doesn't mean he's overrated trust me. I think the fouls on Jackson is slightly moot, because even with his "overrated a**" in the game DC still could've won if they would've sank their free throws. Jackson is not overrated DC just made him look that way.