Middleton vs Gleason

toinemac

The Middleton - Gleason game had the worst one sided refs I have ever seen. Middleton fans also have no class. Orangeman 43 is not a sore loser. But it is a shame when the team has to play the refs and their opponent. The refs had dedicided who was going to when the game before they stepped on the floor. Its fine to lose agaisnst a talented team not any game where the refs determined the outcome. Any other profession you would get fired for poor job performance and/or out right cheating. Also, it is a shame when the refs run from the crowd when it was poorly called you need to stand your ground! you called it! If middleton hopes to win at the boro, they better carry their officiating crew!

your post reflects poor sportmanship

I agree its over wish Middleton well and to represent West Tn and bring back some hardware! Win like a champ and lose like one! :thumb:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumb: I'd like to disagree,but about the officiating I can't with a straight face.The cheating quote might be a little much, but for whatever reason the quality seems to vary a LOT.About the fans from Middleton though,I'll have to disagree.Coach Burkley,the team,and the fans have always shown a lot of heart and desire,but I have less respect for those who dont.Being from Gleason of all places(I've more respect for Gleasons school spirit than anyone else's,bar none) I,d think that you should congratulate them on a huge win,and wish them well.Nothing would suit me better than seeing Scotts Hill and Middleton meet one more time!

First off let me start by saying Congratulations to the Gleason Lady Dawgs, you have nothing to hold your heads down for.. You have been an excellent team and played very well together, you are a disciplined team with heart and great spirit. All from Gleason are very proud of all of you. Yes we are loosing 3 great ball players but we still have a great team and young people who are ready to step up and fill those shoes. Be proud of all you have accomplished this year, we made it farther than anyone had expected for us to. Now on to the game against Middleton on Saturday night, yes it was a very interesting night we ended up being up by 8 pts and and they scored we got the ball back and lost it and in the final seconds of the second quarter they came down and hit a 25 ft jumper that brought the score to 1 with Gleason still in the lead. In the first half the fouls were even at 5 going into the locker room. Now is where it gets tricky, we only scored 2 pts in the 3rd quarter and 4 pts in the 4th, there was not a lot of shooting on either ends from either teams. We missed 2 or 3 easy shots under the goal and got called for double dribble several times,(the ball was thrown the girl dropped the ball and then when she went to dribble they called double dribble) now when on the other end the same thing happened twice (girls gets the ball drops it picks it up and dribbles) guess what no call. When the refs were asked their response was she dropped it so what was the difference why one call was double dribble and the other wasn't..Someone asked about the foul count 2nd half Gleason 9 Middleton 2..So come on get real. Yes my daughter plays on the Gleason Team and she as well as some of the others really played their hearts out. I do not know what the deal was, win or lose just call a fair game. And yes the refs did run off the court right before the buzzer sounded, they wasted no time at all on the court. Hold your heads up high Lady Dawgs you had a great season, and to those that are graduating this year we have nothing but pride for you and yes you will be missed. To the girls coming back next year good luck and always keep that Bulldog Pride in your hearts..

One more thing this was a defense game and when 2 teams can hold the other to the mid 20's then i think that says alot about both teams. 26-24 ..

Good Luck to all who made it to the Boro, and no matter the calls play your ball, hit your free throws and play good defense. :thumb:

1st off let me say I was at the game and not from either town so I'm unbiased in my views.

Congratulations to both teams on great years and a hard fought game.

Now on to the game and officiating. The officiating was not great for either team. They missed calls that hurt both teams and helped both teams as happens in most every game. The foul count in the second half is somewhat misleading. it was 9 fouls on Gleason and 4 on Middleton. I know this because I was thinking that Middleton would foul at the end so Gleason couldn't get a shot up and they would be able to do that 2 times before being in the bonus. The reason Gleason had 9 fouls is because with about 3-4 minutes to go in the game, Coach Ayers told his girls to be aggressive and foul becuase at that time the fouls were Gleason 2 fouls Middleton 1. He wanted to get close to the bonus I'm assuming so that if Middleton tried to hold the ball that Gleason could foul and make them shot FT's which they weren't making very well. This got the foul count up and Middleton was not fouling intentionally so their foul count stayed low the entire game.

I felt like Gleason was much more skilled than Middleton but Middleton played great defense and made just enough shots. Gleason didn't play near as good as they had been and that is the reason they lost. Missed 2 or 3 point blank shots that they normally make, shot the ball too early at the end of the 1st half which led to 3 pts. for Middleton. Any of these things go the other way and Gleason is at state this week.

Congratulations to both teams on Great Seasons!

Good Luck to all who made it to the Boro, and no matter the calls play your ball, hit your free throws and play good defense. :thumb:

Amen, dawgfan12.

As a fan, I NEVER feel like the officiating has gone my way. I do believe that the officials overall did a better job during the regionals & sectional than our regular season refs (district 15A), but I still had my moments.

I have trouble stopping & realizing sometimes that refs are just like players- sometimes they make mistakes, miss things, etc.... but it DOES drive me crazy when a ref misses something on one end then calls it on the next end very next trip down (3 seconds, offensive fouls drive me crazy especially).

I wasn't at the game, but from what I've read & seen it looks like a slow-down type of affair. I would've thought that was dictated by Gleason, not Middleton, who seem more of a run & gun team.

Congrats to Middleton, and I know Gleason will be back- they're definitely one of the perennial state tourney teams from West TN who will continue that tradition.

I can't believe what I am reading! This is from one Gleason fan to another, stop complaining about the refs. I have been to Gleason games all year, and we (Gleason) have no room to talk about refs calling a bad game. I guess the people on this board have their Orange and Black tinted glasses on. We were lucky to make it this far. If you can't remember any of the region games, let me remind you real quick. Without the refs making some calls in our favor we don't beat Bradford. If the refs even called a semi-close game in the Greenfield game we get beat (one of the worst reffing jobs I have ever witnessed. The lady ref must of had money on Gleason because it was obvious who she was pulling for!), and Humboldt had us down 12 in 4th quarter, before we get several calls to go our way in the last quarter. (jenna walking, jenna knocking ball out of bounds were 2 calls I saw that were wrong!) I am just saying what I saw in the games. I could be totally wrong, but I have been around basketball for a long time and I am just calling it how I see it! I hope this doesn't upset gleason fans, but thats how I saw it. And this is coming from a huge Bulldog supporter. So be happy we made it to SubState because this might be the last time for a long time. Congrats to the Lady Dawgs and Coach Ayers and Coach Frazier.

I can't believe what I am reading! This is from one Gleason fan to another, stop complaining about the refs. I have been to Gleason games all year, and we (Gleason) have no room to talk about refs calling a bad game. I guess the people on this board have their Orange and Black tinted glasses on. We were lucky to make it this far. If you can't remember any of the region games, let me remind you real quick. Without the refs making some calls in our favor we don't beat Bradford. If the refs even called a semi-close game in the Greenfield game we get beat (one of the worst reffing jobs I have ever witnessed. The lady ref must of had money on Gleason because it was obvious who she was pulling for!), and Humboldt had us down 12 in 4th quarter, before we get several calls to go our way in the last quarter. (jenna walking, jenna knocking ball out of bounds were 2 calls I saw that were wrong!) I am just saying what I saw in the games. I could be totally wrong, but I have been around basketball for a long time and I am just calling it how I see it! I hope this doesn't upset gleason fans, but thats how I saw it. And this is coming from a huge Bulldog supporter. So be happy we made it to SubState because this might be the last time for a long time. Congrats to the Lady Dawgs and Coach Ayers and Coach Frazier.

As far as I am concerned is that Gleason did an awesome job this year, and Coach Ayers and Ashley McElhiney did as well. If you have so little faith in the Gleason squad next year then why don't you just stay home. Don't worry about coming out and supporting the Gleason team, win or lose. And i also don't like the idea of you mentioning names on here of players that may or may not have done something wrong it's always the same name mentioned and she is just 17 yrs old, and their were others that have also contributed to some of the mishaps that happened on any given night. But it's always the same name so just leave her out of it. The games are over and yes there is next year and i will be there cheering them on no matter what. My daughter is on that team and there are several others that i consider to be mine as well. We may not always agree on the calls the refs make but they have to live with that, they have to close their eyes at night and remember what they have done, so win or lose i am behind my Bulldog team always have been always will be.

So blame whom you wish but remember that if you were from GLeason you would be proud of the Dawgs no matter what...

And remember that if you can't be supportive keep your butt at home.... :lol::)

I figured I would get a response like that. I probably deserved it. But understand me when I say this....Im not saying Gleason had a bad year or trying to down the girls. We had a great year: District champs, Region Champs, and played in the substate. Not to bad of year if you ask me, but to continue complaining about refs over and over again is about ridiculous. It makes all of us look like sore losers. Middleton had a great game plan and we got beat...bottom line! Next year I think Gleason could be right back where we were this year, but it will be extremely tough! I know 14A teams will be licking their chops, after what happened this year. There will only be one spot available next year anyways because LC has already got the Region 8A wrapped up. (Once again thats my option.) and not to mention that Bradford, Dresden, Trenton, and Greenfield will all dress out good teams next year. But like you said We have some girls returning that will have some experience which is better than none. Once again great year lady dawgs!