Polk Co vs South Greene

jcub50

Ok for the record, Benton, TN isn't flat......so I don't think its safe to assume logcabinman is a "flat-lander"

Just to reverse the stereotypes a little, anybody west of K-town is a flatlander to me, Barb...yeah, they may have one or two peaks and a few little hills down that way but nothing like our big, beautiful mountain ranges...The way the draw went, looks like it's shaping up to be Hillbillies vs. Flatlanders - GO GREENE :thumb:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok for the record, Benton, TN isn't flat......so I don't think its safe to assume logcabinman is a "flat-lander"

Just to reverse the stereotypes a little, anybody west of K-town is a flatlander to me, Barb...yeah, they may have one or two peaks and a few little hills down that way but nothing like our big, beautiful mountain ranges...The way the draw went, looks like it's shaping up to be Hillbillies vs. Flatlanders - GO GREENE :thumb:

Geez My parents owned a farm in Benton when our kids were small...its about as hillbilly as it gets. Just ask all those sophisticated Bradley county folks. :blush:

I was reading in the Tennessean, where the South Greene Lady Rebels have made 26 appearances to the State Tournament with 4 titles! Congratulations and take home that gold ball again this year! Here's to "East" Tennessee basketball! :D

Best of luck to my good 'ole alma mater! (1977) Love you all and have safe travel!

Just to reverse the stereotypes a little, anybody west of K-town is a flatlander to me, Barb...yeah, they may have one or two peaks and a few little hills down that way but nothing like our big, beautiful mountain ranges...The way the draw went, looks like it's shaping up to be Hillbillies vs. Flatlanders - GO GREENE :D

Okay, for the record I can't even get cell service at my house because I live between 2 big ole knobs. 2nd I am just stating my humble opinion. I have stated that to get to this point you have to be a good team, but I could not see in the schedule that SG had beaten a quality team. This means nothing. It may be because of scheduling. Does not mean they are not better than Polk, just that I was looking at there schedule and it did not look as tough as some of the other regions. Our district is same in football, our best team in district usually gets it handed to us first round even though we might have 9-1 record. Don't get all in harms about an opinion because SG has just as much chance winning this as Polk. To answer you question Polk has beaten McMinn Central who was #1 at time, Chattanooga Christian, and Chatt. Brainard, aslo another big school that did good in Georgia.

Note to South Greene fans.. Polk has slowed the ball down exactly twice all season. Once against the #1 ranked team in the state, and the second time against Upperman who had a girl that was 6 inches taller than our tallest player. The best chance we had to win was to keep the ball away from the big girl. SG, you will find out that Polk's guards will are fast, physical, can handle the ball, and score. PC will do what it takes to win whether it means scoring 80 or 42. PC can play the fast game or the slow game.

Geez My parents owned a farm in Benton when our kids were small...its about as hillbilly as it gets. Just ask all those sophisticated Bradley county folks.

Those Bradley county folks? Uh lets see your assitant coach is from Bradley, played at BCHS, Your post player ( guard) who transfered there this year is from Cleveland. Didn't she lead ya'll in scoring last game? I hope your not throwing off on Bradley County , they have nothing to do with this game . Go Polk! :D

Okay, for the record I can't even get cell service at my house because I live between 2 big ole knobs. 2nd I am just stating my humble opinion. I have stated that to get to this point you have to be a good team, but I could not see in the schedule that SG had beaten a quality team. This means nothing. It may be because of scheduling. Does not mean they are not better than Polk, just that I was looking at there schedule and it did not look as tough as some of the other regions. Our district is same in football, our best team in district usually gets it handed to us first round even though we might have 9-1 record. Don't get all in harms about an opinion because SG has just as much chance winning this as Polk. To answer you question Polk has beaten McMinn Central who was #1 at time, Chattanooga Christian, and Chatt. Brainard, aslo another big school that did good in Georgia.

"Can you hear me now?" LOL - LCM, please understand we really are only poking fun at ourselves and are rarely anything but lighthearted on these boards. The only time us Greeneville/Greene County folks get riled is if someone personally attacks our kids/players. We do still get in a little bit of a snit when our teams are underestimated but we have learned to use it to our advantage...case in point GHS football this year - the "Who Dat?" team that dismantled and surprised every post season opponent all the way to the State Championship game.

Good luck to both teams - sounds like you are very evenly matched and very similar in your style of play.

Geez My parents owned a farm in Benton when our kids were small...its about as hillbilly as it gets. Just ask all those sophisticated Bradley county folks.

Those Bradley county folks? Uh lets see your assitant coach is from Bradley, played at BCHS, Your post player ( guard) who transfered there this year is from Cleveland. Didn't she lead ya'll in scoring last game? I hope your not throwing off on Bradley County , they have nothing to do with this game . Go Polk! :thumb:

I'm not sure why you're getting your knickers in a twist but thats all good...We had a couple of girls lead us in scoring last game so I'm gonna assume you mean Sam Fender. I didn't really know where she came from so, if you say so....I also don't know anything about Coach Murray except she played tennis at Tusculum and is in the SAC Hall of Fame. I know even less about Coach Skeen so I'll just have to take your word on that one too.....not that I particularly care. Its good to see Polk County step out of the shadow of the Bradley County schools. Its tough when you are surrounded by so many schools with such history of great athletics. I rather doubt if many actually know where Benton is or Reliance or Ocoee either for that matter. Just last week I read a post that referred to both Polk and McMinn Central as "Chattanooga area schools". I was confused. That would be like calling us a "Knoxville area school".(which would never happen because those people think East Tennessee ends at Dollywood.) If the North Greene/Middleton game is any indicator of the competitive games we are going to see in this tourney then hold on we are in for a ride. Yall play safe.