AAA State Tiurnament

bballrebounder

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was listening to this game on the radio and it must have been a great game for those in attendance.Sounds like this could have been a championship game with Riverdale winning in 2 overtimes..Mt.Juliet was down by 3 points and called a timeout with 9 seconds left.Can't believe Mt.Juliet didn't attemp a 3 pointer to hopefully tie the game..The announcer said he thought they may look for a player on the outside or go inside ..I thought..no way would I go inside..A chance to make a layup and get a foul but unlikely,especially if I'm the coach at Riverdale..I'd just have all the girls stand still..Be glad to give them a layup and win by 1 point..But..still..a great game from both teams just by listening to the broadcast..

I have seen MANY basketball games in my years and I have enjoyed a lot of games in my time BUT todays game i thought has got to be one of the BEST games i have seen. Not only was this a well played game BY BOTH TEAMS it was also a well coached game by both teams. The coaches in this game made adjustment after adjustment countering each other with what they were doing. I thought the officiating as a whole was good there were a few fouls i would have liked called and them some that were i was like HUH but i am sure MT Juliet thought the same thing but i thought they did a good job.

THE PLAYERS on BOTH teams made play after play we would have great defense on them and they would make a great shot to either close the lead or extend it. Then OUR players would do the same and most of it was off of a defensive turnover. Our shooters didnt have the best day but MT Juliet did a great job of getting in our face to help stop that. Natalie came in off the bench to hit a couple of big 3s to close the gap. Ty Petty had a great defensive game and in my opinion made a huge play with about 6 seconds left. MJ is inbounding the ball and she deflects it and the offender had to go beyond half court to get the ball and she didnt really have time to check the court for anyone else so she penetrated and got the lay up with about a second to go as soon as she crossed the 3 point line our defenders just split and let her have the bucket GREAT PLAY by our players and great preperation by our coaches. GREAT JOB BY BOTH TEAM

WAY TO GO LADY WARRIORS WAY TO BATTLE BACK IN REGUALTION DOWN BY 4 WITH LESS THAN A MINUTE GREAT JOB OLIVIA HITTING THOSE 2 HUGE FREE THROWS!!!!!!!!!!!1

ALSO I want to thank Coach Messer for postponing our baseball scrimmage so that the boys could attend this game THE CROWD WAS AWESOME today the kids showed up great and it was just a beautiful crowd

GO LADY WARRIORS