Harriman is going to state!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

olerockyrebel

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How funny. You must be one of the refs.....or maybe I'm wrong. I didn't know breathing on a player is considered a foul. However plowing one down while shooting is not. Oh and the way the one ref would dance and get all dramatic when a foul was called on Cloudland, that was priceless. No he didn't make it obvious. Did you notice not one jump ball call was made. It was always a foul on Cloudland. Hmm makes you wonder.

How funny. You must be one of the refs.....or maybe I'm wrong. I didn't know breathing on a player is considered a foul. However plowing one down while shooting is not. Oh and the way the one ref would dance and get all dramatic when a foul was called on Cloudland, that was priceless. No he didn't make it obvious. Did you notice not one jump ball call was made. It was always a foul on Cloudland. Hmm makes you wonder.

I too wondered how an inferior opponent such as Harriman could beat a 26-5 team from Region 1. Especially after the @ss whoopin Hampton gave them back in January in a fair called game. I guess thats how the ball bounces. They'll get theirs in the state tournament.

Well this is for you "the king" and everyone else bad mouthing Harriman.. Basketball is basketball and if you know anything about it you should know upsets happen, George Mason for example I mean look at them going all the way to the final four! And as far as you folks comments as to how they got lucky i guess the fact the Blue Devils have one 12 out of the past 15 is just luck to right?? Face it they're playing good basketball and can play with the big boys they proved it to Cloudland Monday night and don't be surprised if they tag a team or two down in the Buro. And for the doubters i guess App State didn't beat Michigan in football a few years back either huh?? Any person that knows sports knows this!, Its a matter of how bad you want it and how hard you play and obviously Harriman wants it because they'r going to the Buro!!!

I too wondered how an inferior opponent such as Harriman could beat a 26-5 team from Region 1.
Easy. The winner played a better game and scored more points. It is a simple concept. Complaining about referees when you lose is simply whining because you can think of no other reason and are unwilling to accept the obvious.

I am pulling for OS in the state matchup. But I also wish Harriman along with the other teams success in their quest for a gold ball. All teams that make it to the state playoffs are to be congratulated for their efforts and encourage to produce their best at this time.

Regardless of who wins or loses it will not change my stock portfolio, affect my performance review or reduce my mortgage payment. Enjoy good basketball, the best of the best.

I too wondered how an inferior opponent such as Harriman could beat a 26-5 team from Region 1. Especially after the @ss whoopin Hampton gave them back in January in a fair called game. I guess thats how the ball bounces. They'll get theirs in the state tournament.

I think it's pretty low class to "crash" a celebration thread by doggin a team that worked hard and played hard. That game was back and forth for 32 minutes and Cloudland had just as much chance to win as Harriman. It's true...the slightest touch was called, but it was called on both sides. It's also true that Harriman will be an underdog at state, but stranger things have happened. Most importantly, this is a trip that will give them experience and an idea of what to expect when they repeat the trip next year since they are returning almost the whole team. Go Devils and HAVE FUN!!!!!!

Harriman is simply peaking at the right time. Hampton isn't the only one that beat them bad in the regular season. Grace beat them by 25 in the regular season and Harriman turned around and beat them soundly twice in the postseason. Tellico Plains swept Harriman in the regular season then the Blue Devils beat them by 15 in the district title game.

Cloudland is also a better match-up for Harriman than was Hampton. Cloudland likes to penetrate and shoot the three, but Harriman was able to take away the penetration without giving help and that meant shooters like Morgan couldn't spot up and shoot easily. They made him put in on the floor and shoot off the move, which is something Hampton was unable to do.