Coaching Positions

Gopackers

Your argument holds no water Southeast, because if nobody could compete with Memphis teams then they would win the state every year and thats just not the case. Ok so Melrose had a good/great team this year, thats great, hats off to them, but so did a lot of other teams that weren't even in the state tournament. Was Siegel the best team out of our region? Probably not, but we'll never know how Oakland or Columbia would've matched up against Melrose. And before you say "they wouldn't, they would've gotten domintated" just know that I'm not arguing with you, but I think it's arrogant and immature of you to think the Memphis area is the only region that's ever won a state tournament or that Middle TN will never have a team to compete. Some good teams have come from all over the state in recent years not just Memphis! lol

Seasons over, now lets get back to talking about these coaching positions in Rutherford County and if you wanna continue your argument go make your own board! lol

lol thats what I was waiting for to get back to these coaching positions

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True Story.....I heard Bruce Pearl was going to stop recruiting Memphis and is going to make an all out effort to build a wall around Nashville and Murfesboro because the talent pool is so much better and deeper.

A recent poll of head coaches and scouts revealed something rather interesting. Those polled were from the SEC, Big East, Big 10, Big 12, ACC. The consensus among these coaches and scouts was that Memphis high school basketball is WAY overrated and the balance of power has without question swung to the Middle TN area even thought Memphis consistently dominates the highest classification AAA.

Personally I would have to disagree simply becuase everyone of these schools LISTED BELOW has multiple D1 players and more than half have multiple High Major D1 players.....funny isn't it....all from the same area.

Region 8

District 15

Ridgeway

Southwind

Germantown

District 16

White Station

Memphis Central

Melrose

Memphis East

Region 7

District 14

Craigmont

Cordova

Bartlett

Raleigh Egypt

District 13

Dyre County

Jackson North Side

Oh well, the Middle Tn area may be lagging behind in State Championships in AAA but hey THE BEST TEAM DOESN'T ALWAYS WIN......That's Ok there is always next year, and the year after that, and the year after that, and the year after that, and the year after that.

Some people believe that there were at lest 7 schools from Memphis (including Dyer Couty) that didn't get out of the regions that were better than any other team in the State (with the exception of Melrose and White Station) but they had the bad luck of being in Region 7 and 8 AAA. Can you believe the nerve of these people...for them to honestly belive Memphis has that many good teams.........Nashville and the Greater Nashville area would crush these wanna be Memphis teams....after all the Middle TN area has FAR FAR FAR FAR SUPERIOR TALENT AND COACHING....they may not win many State Championships in AAA Middle TN but that doesn't mean anything....THE BEST TEAMS DON'T ALWAYS WIN PLUS THE MEMPHIS TEAMS HAVE THE OFFICIALS ON THEY'RE SIDE. Everybody knows you don't get a fair shake in the state tournament when you have to play a team from Memphis.

I am not sure where I stand on this topic. Even though this board is dedicated to coaching positions...we have obviously gotten off topic. But just for curiousity sake let's look at something...

Where have some of the best players from the last 5-10 years from TN come from?? I am naming ones off the top of my head--and all the ones I can come up with are from Middle TN, but I am sure it's just because that's where I live...feel free to name others.

Jamont Gordon - Glencliff - Miss St./Undrafted

Brandon Wright - Brentwood Academy - UNC/NBA

Wayne Chism - Bolivar - Tenn/?

Corey Brewer - Portland - Florida/NBA

John Jenkins - Station Camp - Vandy/?

Joe Jackson - ?

I don't know...just some thoughts I had. It would appear that while Memphis schools are usually deeper in talent--just as many if not more premier players come from other areas of the state as well...

I am sure that will raise plenty of controversy

I agree completely with rook and yankee. However, what you are going to get here from the Memphis Mafia is there teams are too deep for any of these middle TN and East TN teams to beat. As previously stated, recruiting helps your cause in Memphis. Could you imagine if you had Jamal Hughes on your team and he got in foul trouble so you brought in Kerry Hammonds for him? I think my 8 year old son could coach that team to a championship!!

And rook... dont forget Keith Ramsey - Siegel - Missouri

I am not sure where I stand on this topic. Even though this board is dedicated to coaching positions...we have obviously gotten off topic. But just for curiousity sake let's look at something...

Where have some of the best players from the last 5-10 years from TN come from?? I am naming ones off the top of my head--and all the ones I can come up with are from Middle TN, but I am sure it's just because that's where I live...feel free to name others.

Jamont Gordon - Glencliff - Miss St./Undrafted

Brandon Wright - Brentwood Academy - UNC/NBA

Wayne Chism - Bolivar - Tenn/?

Corey Brewer - Portland - Florida/NBA

John Jenkins - Station Camp - Vandy/?

Joe Jackson - ?

I don't know...just some thoughts I had. It would appear that while Memphis schools are usually deeper in talent--just as many if not more premier players come from other areas of the state as well...

I am sure that will raise plenty of controversy

Um joe jackson and wayne chism are from west tn???

I agree completely with rook and yankee. However, what you are going to get here from the Memphis Mafia is there teams are too deep for any of these middle TN and East TN teams to beat. As previously stated, recruiting helps your cause in Memphis. Could you imagine if you had Jamal Hughes on your team and he got in foul trouble so you brought in Kerry Hammonds for him? I think my 8 year old son could coach that team to a championship!!

And rook... dont forget Keith Ramsey - Siegel - Missouri

Okay? Melrose best players live in orange mound. Adonis and Chris, they were with the team even when they weren't great.

Most of the players on Melrose for the most part should have been there minus Bobby Parks and cedric mcafee....who they could have won the championship without.

Plus, you puttin ALL THE BEST players from the area on one team...if memphis did that....game over...every year.

With your logic memphis could take a player that is ten times better than kerry in joe jackson, then have him replaced by a player that is better than jamal hughes in chris jones.

Ok here you go D1 only ....2009 2010 season only

ACC West 2

Maurice Miller Georgia Tech

Leslie McDonald North Carolina

Big 12 West 2 Middle 1

Laurence Bowers Missouri

Tyler Stone Missouri

Keith Ramsey Missouri

Big East West 4 Middle 1

Ferrakohn Hall Seton Hall

Anthony Mason Jr. St. John's

Reginald Delk Louisville

Jonnie West West Virginia

Darnell Wilks Cincinnati

SEC West 6 Middle 4 East 2

Wayne Chism Tennessee

J.P. Prince Tennessee

Skylar McBee Tennessee

Stephen Pearl Tennessee

Josh Bone Tennessee

Gerald Robinson Georgia (transfer from TSU will suit up next season)

John Jenkins Vanderbilt

Reginald Buckner Mississippi

Terrico White Mississippi

DeAngelo Riley Mississippi

Jarvis Varnado Mississippi State

Barry Stewart Mississippi State

Atlantic 10 Middle 1

Kevin Smith Richmond

CUSA West 8 Middle 1

Pierre Henderson-Niles Memphis

Willie Kemp Memphis

Drew Barham Memphis

Elliot Williams Memphis

Arnett Moultrie UTEP

Randy Culpepper UTEP

Myron Strong UTEP

Jeremy Williams UTEP

Torye Pelham Southern Mississippi

Missouri Valley West 1

Lewis Jones Evansville

The above list consist of the the big boys plus what I consider to be real mid major conferences

West 23 Middle 8 East 2. I left 3 or 4 off this list because they are nothing more than local kids that will never see the court but are walk ons. Some walk ons play but these 3 or 4 don't and never will.

Atlantic Sun West 3 Middle 12 East 3

Big Sky West 5

Big South Middle 3 East 5

Colonial West 2 Middle 1

Horizon West 2

Ivy Middle 2

Mid-American West 1 Middle 2

Ohio Valley West 14 Middle 7 East 1

Southern West 5 Middle 4 East 9

Southland West 2

SWAC West 2

Summitt West 1

Sun Belt West 6 Middle 4 East 3

The above list are low major West 43 Middle 35 East 21

High and Mid Major Conference West 23 Middle 8 East 2

Low Major West 43 Middle 35 East 21

Total West 66 Middle 51 East 23

Most of the big time recruits come from the West just like always. Middle is a hot bed for low majors and even then trails the West. BTW, I know I left off about 10 or so total players (combined from each region) because they are nothing more than figures on the bench and will never be expected to contribute. I'm sure I may have missed a handful more but then again I may not have. The Low majors are just to many to list by name and school.

I guess I should clarify that in no way is Memphis a mid major basketball program...they are High Major in basketball.