Will Humboldt FINALLY win the State Championship this year?

igloo

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching todays a games I will have to say there are two teams at this tournament that are better than Humboldt this year. One is Westwood and the other is Clarksville......this was not gonna be a championship year for Humboldt anyway. They were fortunate to get here....too young making young team mistakes. Note..........you gotta know when to quit launching shots and give the ball up or try to go inside....like I said young team mistakes.

Everybody more or less picked Humboldt....myself included. How about this....Westwood is simply better...no excuses. Westwood has been on a nice run. Humboldt doesn't have the greatest coach in the world but that's not why they lost. They lost to a better team..end of story. When a team looses by 18 in the most important game of the season and gives up 45 2nd half points and lets one player score 32 points in 22 minutes there really isn't much more to say. Humboldt got dominated in the 2nd half. I just think it might be a little unfair to lay this all on the coach of Humboldt. Neither team shot the ball that well, both teams has an insane amount of rebounds especially offensive rebounds for a 32 minute game (Humboldt 47 total, offensive rebounds 22 Westwood 41 total, offensive rebounds 20) seems the difference was points off turnovers...Westwood was +13 (19 to 6)....turnovers Humboldt 17 Westwood 10. Humboldt had the same problem lat season with turnovers and it will always come back to haunt a team as the competition gets tougher.

Post season Regions, Sub State, and State

Westwood 74 Adamsville 66

Westwood 72 Scotts Hill 59

Westwood 61 City University 49

Westwood 63 Union City 61

Westwood 68 Humboldt 50

Humboldt lost to a much more talented team! It had nothing to do with coaching!

WOW,.....egg on my face too! I saw both teams play late in the year,thought Humboldt would take em' by 8-10,maybe more. Boy was I wrong. Scotts Hill led most of the first half......up by eleven at one point on Westwood, and even when they fell behind(they swapped the lead a few times),it kind'a had the feel that S.H. would come out on top until late enough that the sub-foul-jack up a three thing made the score look way worse than the actual game was. I kind'a respect folks who don't make excuses,and just say it when they're wrong....so here goes. To all Westwood fans, I WAAAAYYYYY underestimated your longhorns,never any disrespect, just my oversight. To the Humboldt fan who posed the query of this topic;the answer this year is no.

If Humboldt doesn't win it this year something is wrong, very wrong........Humboldt is easily the most talented team in Single A.....Get another one for 14A.......Good luck Vikings!!

TreeFitty74 (and others with answers),

Probably like a whole bunch of BB fans, I'm very curious...

Since Humboldt failed to win it all (AGAIN), what exactly do you think the problem is -- what in the heck is "wrong, very wrong" @ Humboldt? :thumb:

Coaching......It's plain and simple......

Humboldt has had teams with talent that should have won a few state championships by now....

I saw Westwood play Union City in the Sub-State game.....Westwood was 34 seconds away from losing to the same team that got beat by 30 against Humboldt just 4 days before.....

I really don't see Humboldt winning a State Title anytime soon as long as things stay the same....

If Humboldt doesn't win it this year something is wrong, very wrong........Humboldt is easily the most talented team in Single A.....Get another one for 14A.......Good luck Vikings!!

TreeFitty74 (and others with answers),

Probably like a whole bunch of BB fans, I'm very curious...

Since Humboldt failed to win it all (AGAIN), what exactly do you think the problem is -- what in the heck is "wrong, very wrong" @ Humboldt? :thumb:

Coaching......It's plain and simple......

Humboldt has had teams with talent that should have won a few state championships by now....

I saw Westwood play Union City in the Sub-State game.....Westwood was 34 seconds away from losing to the same team that got beat by 30 against Humboldt just 4 days before.....

I really don't see Humboldt winning a State Title anytime soon as long as things stay the same....

34 seconds ??...Heck, they hit a shot at the buzzer to beat UC... :thumb: