Fulton vs Bolivar 1st Round?!

prospect

OK. There is no TSSAA conspiracy here. It is a complete blind draw. The only rule is that teams from the same region cannot meet until the finals. Can you imagine the controversy if the seeded the teams and made the bracket. It is completely fair the way it is currently done.

As for this game: I`ll take Fulton.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't need to have a chest thumping contest to tell you why.... But I just don't buy into the West Tennessee hype... Fulton wins.

Go Falcons!

you don't have to buy it, but I am going to sale it to you anyway. when it's the only store to buy from, you will not have a choice. Pay now or pay later.

:thumb: And im salesman #2 lol

I don't need to have a chest thumping contest to tell you why.... But I just don't buy into the West Tennessee hype... Fulton wins.

Go Falcons!

LOL, it's no hype. It took you a buzzard beater last year to beat Bolivar! You are now without James Gallman. I take Bolivar!

no james gallman?! lol jalen steele hit the game winner and he's still there...i dont get your statement here

no james gallman?! lol jalen steele hit the game winner and he's still there...i dont get your statement here

James Gallman ran the offense well. He was the ball handler, something Steele had problems with in that game. No James Gallman this year which will result in Steele having to handle the ball more.

Fulton has been on a nice run the last three years but don't make the mistake of believing these Fulton teams are some of the greatest AA teams of all time because that's not the case....FAR FROM IT.

Fulton deserves all the PROPS in the world in my book and until somebody beats them that would have to be the favorites. Fulton has won the last two state championships. Prior to that 4 in a row was from the West and I can assure anybody Bolivar and Liberty are very good teams....anybody that thinks otherwise is crazy.

As far as the hype...If one was a college coach and had the opportunity to build a wall round East TN or West TN to recruit and build a team what area would that coach choose...no matter where ones allegiance is I think we all know the honest answer to that.

Honestly I would say Fulton, Bolivar, and Liberty all have an equal chance to win it all. I don't think either one of these teams is head and shoulders better than the others and I think any fair minded person would agree with that. Good luck to all teams.

I don't think anyone said that Fulton has had the greatest teams in AA. However, they are coached by one of, if not the best in the state. No one can tell me that the last 2 years Fulton was expected to win it, but the best team doesn't always win. The team that is playing the best in the tourney will take it. For that reason I think that Fulton (even with the target on their back) has a great chance to beat Bolivar. They are tournament tested and will be ready for anything that is thrown at them. To bad for both teams that they meet 1st round, but it is the game everyone wants to see nonetheless. Go Falcons!

Wonder how much Lebo getting canned at Auburn will play on Steele's mind leading up to the game against Bolivar and beyond if the manage to win. May not at all but it is a question that would have some merit in my opinion. The decision where to sign and play in college was the biggest, toughest, and hardest decision of this young mans life thus far and now the coach he signed with just got canned...less than a week before the State tournament begins.

I think Steele will be OK but I can't see how it wouldn't be something that is constantly on his mind. I'm sure he is thinking and probably will ask out of his LOI which is not something minor. I'm sure it will happen after the State tournament. But I have to believe Steele is thinking hard about his options. My guess is he wanted to play in the SEC and he could very well stay at Auburn with the new coach, whoever that may be, but at the very least this whole thing has to be weighing heavy on his mind. It's not like signing late like some kids (major prospects in mot cases) because as far as I know this was his one and only SEC offer and the guy he signed with is no longer there.

Fulton has been on a nice run the last three years but don't make the mistake of believing these Fulton teams are some of the greatest AA teams of all time because that's not the case....FAR FROM IT.

Fulton deserves all the PROPS in the world in my book and until somebody beats them that would have to be the favorites. Fulton has won the last two state championships. Prior to that 4 in a row was from the West and I can assure anybody Bolivar and Liberty are very good teams....anybody that thinks otherwise is crazy.

As far as the hype...If one was a college coach and had the opportunity to build a wall round East TN or West TN to recruit and build a team what area would that coach choose...no matter where ones allegiance is I think we all know the honest answer to that.

Honestly I would say Fulton, Bolivar, and Liberty all have an equal chance to win it all. I don't think either one of these teams is head and shoulders better than the others and I think any fair minded person would agree with that. Good luck to all teams.

I don't think anyone said that Fulton has had the greatest teams in AA. However, they are coached by one of, if not the best in the state. No one can tell me that the last 2 years Fulton was expected to win it, but the best team doesn't always win. The team that is playing the best in the tourney will take it. For that reason I think that Fulton (even with the target on their back) has a great chance to beat Bolivar. They are tournament tested and will be ready for anything that is thrown at them. To bad for both teams that they meet 1st round, but it is the game everyone wants to see nonetheless. Go Falcons!

True...nobody said that...but it was implied that West TN basketball is more or less all hype which is BS. It's also true that Fulton is coached by one of the best in the state....but the part about if not the best is not entirely accurate.....at least not in my opinion...plenty of coaches just as good in fact some are probably better. Just my opinion.