Fulton vs Bolivar 1st Round?!

prospect

Congrats to Bolivar ... wasnt very good game by either team .. and Bolivar will have to play alot better to win next game for sure .. too bad Jalen picked the worst night to have shooting .. he is a special player and the past 3 years has had some great games ... he was 3 - 13 shooting without a 3 ... hasnt happened all year .... Falcons out shoot Bolivar from field and free throw line percentage wise .. but Falcons never got to the bonus in 2nd half as Bolivar only whistled for 4 fouls .. cant remember a game where Falcons didnt make a 3 pointer but that was the difference .. Bolivar made 3 - 3 pointers and Falcons made 0 ... bottom line difference. Well its football time !!! Bolivar you guys play football ?????

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Bolivar... tough loss for Fulton. I listened to the game and thought Bolivar had a good game plan. They slowed the game way down and played to their strengths. As a Fulton fan the loss tastes bitter, but I'm still proud of our boys. They've had a heck of a season and the seniors had great careers. Definitely nothing to be ashamed of. Good luck to Bolivar.

Listened to it on the radio b/c i had to work but it sounded like it was a bad game for both sides...FHS not hitting 1 single 3 pointer is mind blowing!!! But congrats to Bolivar! Excellent coaching strategy holding the ball for 2 whole minutes at the end. I thought Jody should have pressured them into their offense but he got the same scenario as if he did pressure them...1 possession game, although he would have had 2 more minutes to work with.....well i hope Jalen wins Mr. Basketball and figures this Auburn situation out

• 2 weeks later...
Wonder how much Lebo getting canned at Auburn will play on Steele's mind leading up to the game against Bolivar and beyond if the manage to win. May not at all but it is a question that would have some merit in my opinion. The decision where to sign and play in college was the biggest, toughest, and hardest decision of this young mans life thus far and now the coach he signed with just got canned...less than a week before the State tournament begins.

I think Steele will be OK but I can't see how it wouldn't be something that is constantly on his mind. I'm sure he is thinking and probably will ask out of his LOI which is not something minor. I'm sure it will happen after the State tournament. But I have to believe Steele is thinking hard about his options. My guess is he wanted to play in the SEC and he could very well stay at Auburn with the new coach, whoever that may be, but at the very least this whole thing has to be weighing heavy on his mind. It's not like signing late like some kids (major prospects in mot cases) because as far as I know this was his one and only SEC offer and the guy he signed with is no longer there.

Auburn signee seeks release from NLI

According to the Knoxville News, shooting guard Jalen Steele has asked Auburn University for a release from the National Letter of Intent he signed with the Tigers in the fall.

Auburn recently fired Jeff Lebo and hired Tony Barbee as their new head coach. Barbee met with Steele and Fulton coach Jody Wright on Monday, the paper reports.

"I think that without a doubt Coach Barbee is going to be successful at Auburn, but I just don't know that Jalen felt as comfortable with the situation at Auburn as he did," said Wright. "He may end back up at Auburn. But, at this point, he wanted to ask for his release to see what else is out there."

As of Thursday (April 1) the release was still pending.

According to Wright, UCLA, Cincinnati, Florida, Miami, Alabama and Georgia have been in contact with Steele after learning of his decision to re-open things.

What is Bruce Pearl waitig on besides Tobias Harris? Jalen Steele is definately good enough to play at UT and is also a local standout in Knoxville which would look good on Pearl's behalf if he does land him. Pearl may have already used up all of his scholarships for this upcoming year considering it is pretty late, which I could understand. If I was Pearl, I'd do my best to get him on somehow. Good Luck to Jalen in finding his best fit.

UT still has scholarships available. This late in the game 90 percent of the elite players are all gone and some bigger programs will take a chance on a kid like Steele in hopes of getting a productive player as a junior or senior.

Keep in mind competing high major is a tough adjustment and you are competing for minutes against some big time players that you have to beat out to get on the court.

Personally, I still wish he would have signed back in the Fall with Dayton.

BTW, Pearl has singed a very good combo guard already in Trae Golden and a SG in Jordan McRae. Both are highly touted.

UT still has scholarships available. This late in the game 90 percent of the elite players are all gone and some bigger programs will take a chance on a kid like Steele in hopes of getting a productive player as a junior or senior.

Keep in mind competing high major is a tough adjustment and you are competing for minutes against some big time players that you have to beat out to get on the court.

Personally, I still wish he would have signed back in the Fall with Dayton.

BTW, Pearl has singed a very good combo guard already in Trae Golden and a SG in Jordan McRae. Both are highly touted.

True. I wasn't thinking about McRae and Golden.

What's up with Skylar McBee? Is he going to get on as a scholarship player next year or continue as a walk-on. His playing time really dropped off late in the season and into the NCAA tournaments.