Humbolt vs Westwood

Icy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are two good West Tn teams. Humbolt in a close one...

Humboldt always seems to get a tough first round game! Talking to some Memphis fans Monday night about WW they were saying without a doubt that CU was the better team! I don't know about that have not seen them play! But i do know that i bet WW don't go 12 deep! I think if Humboldt plays like they been playing Humboldt comes away with the win! But i just hope Humboldt free throws get better! Good Luck to Humboldt and all West Tn!! :thumb:

P & G, what does Westwood bring to the table?

They are not very deep......They had three guys score in double figures against Union City....Holt had 15...Zachary Smith had 20 and David Pledge had 11....Pledge comes off the bench...They had one maybe two guys in the 6'3"-6'4" range but Union City out rebounded them...Union City turned them over 16 times...They had trouble when UC pressed them hard...UC couldn't press for very long periods of time because UC was in foul trouble...They are quick....Union City just didn't shoot the ball very well or they would be in this field of 8....

The Vikes should pound the ball inside with Dunbar and Bryson...Campbell will be the best athlete on the floor...

These are two good West Tn teams. Humbolt in a close one...

Humboldt always seems to get a tough first round game! Talking to some Memphis fans Monday night about WW they were saying without a doubt that CU was the better team! I don't know about that have not seen them play! But i do know that i bet WW don't go 12 deep! I think if Humboldt plays like they been playing Humboldt comes away with the win! But i just hope Humboldt free throws get better! Good Luck to Humboldt and all West Tn!! :thumb:

I don't usually make predictions but here goes, Humboldt,providing they don't implode,wins comfortably. I do think Westwood is better than City,narrowly, but Scotts Hill(yes I'm a homer, but also a realist) had a horrible game shooting the ball or would have beaten Westwood.They handled their pressure,got off plenty of open looks outside that have fallen all season that just didn't drop,and missed a lot of shots in the paint too.Westwood has some talented personel,no superstars,and not much of an organized offense.Don't get me wrong, overlook them and they're good enough to beat anyone in the tourney on a bad night,but put forth a typical Humboldt effort and It'd suprise me if the Vikings leave M'boro. early this year :lol::thumb:

I have a feelin this will turn out to be a close one but ill go with the vikes on the W.. Humboldt normally seems to let unfamiliar teams play at the same level with them year in year out and i dont think this year will be any different..but i think if we out rebound them, get on the run & get hot from the field we will take this one by 10 or so.. but who knows?

I know that Hbt scrimmaged Liberty earlier this week and got beat pretty badly...However, Liberty's awfully good and will help prepare us for the tourney...Also heard rumors of a possible scrimmage with Bolivar sometime this weekend..

I'll take Humboldt by 12...If Humboldt is hitting their outside shots (mainly Brooks), it'll be worse..

I think this is the potential championship game. I believe most Humboldt fans thought they would get this draw. As for the game I think WW actually has one guy listed at 6 5", a tall skinny kid who plays the post so The size advantage for Humboldt might not be as relevant, but, Humboldt will be the deepest most athletic team on the floor. For the umpteenth time in the last 6 years...... :thumb:

GO VIKINGS. BRING IT HOME!!!!!!!!!