RIVERDALE LADY WARRIORS ARE AAA STATE CHAMPS

riverdaleman

WOW HOW ABOUT THEM LADY WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY ARE YOUR 2010 AAA STATE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!

I am so proud of these ladies they have worked hard to achieve this goal and it started right after blackman beat us last year. this team was a determined team because they knew they let one get away last year that they should have been playing for. Now that determination and hard work paid off tonight in a good win against a really good team that has a Ms Basketball on the team.

There are SO MANY PROPS that i could give out tonight so I will do my best and in no specific order...

1. Jaclissa haislip she finally scored some points today and hit a couple of big 3s for us but her prop is for DEFENSE!!!!SHE DID A GREAT JOB containing the young lady that won ms basketball. she worked her butt off and she did a great job of doing so..(on a side note...I wish that the presenter on the Ms Basketball stuff had introduced that young lady last to give her time to settle down from that emotional loss the young lady didnt need her picture on the big jumbo tron hearing her accolades that quick. she handled herself well but please a little more time after a loss...i digress)

2.MS TOURNAMENT MVP COBI BARBIE...she had a great tournament and a great game (29 or 30 points)played hard lots of rebounds again and several steals and a few assists....our guards do a great job of feeding her and she knows what to do with it when she gets it

3. Natalie Lanning with the emergence of Ty Petty Natalie didnt get to play as much during the season HOWEVER in this tournament she played her best ball of the season tonight she hit a couple of HUGE 3s that extended the lead for us and played hard on defense too

4. Ty Petty WOW she is gonna be the real deal she can pick a pocket like no other and drive the lane very good she has a nice ball fake but its all over film now so they did not fall for it tonight but she did great defensively and did a great job running the show at the point

5. Candace Spurlock again there are no true stats for her in the book but she will get in there and batlle with all of them and knock down a couple of 3s and does a great job of feeding the ball

6. Olivia Jones she did a great job of creating havoc and getting the turnover in the paint and does a great job of rebounding and finding creases indefense to recieve a nice entry pass

7. Ashley Henry did a great job defensivly as well and had several nice pull up jumpers

8. and last but not least our entire COACHING STAFF our coaches did a great job this year with this team not only in preperation of each game but also in game and making adjustments. we play an aggressive defense and sometimes when you do that you give up an easy basket a lot of coaches scream and holler and get mad about it but coach Hodges just tells them to keep pushing the ball and stay agressive players were never looking over their shoulder when they made a mistake and that enabled them to play fast and to play furious without fear of screwing up because if you did its no big deal because you will make up for it on the next play. Coach Hodges pushed a lot of button this year with this team she had a great handle of this team and loved them when they need love and busted their chops when they needed busting. Coach Hodges also surrounded the team with really strong assistant coaches. That says a lot about her because a lot of time egos get in the way on a staff and wouldnt even hire such strong coaches but when we lost a coach who got a head coaching job coach Hodges went out and get the best replacements possible and now

WE ARE STATE CHAMPIONS

GO LADY WARRIORS I LOVE YALL AND I AM VERY PROUD OF YALL

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOW SWEET IT IS!!! The Riverdale Lady Warriors are 7 AAA season champs, 7 AAA district champs, region 4 AAA champs and now (still) with tears in my eye's I give you the 2010' TSSAA STATE CHAMPION RIVERDALE HIGH SCHOOL LADY WARRIORS!!! OMG what a season. What a ride. You ladies would not be denied and your hard work with determination captured the hearts of our community. You inspired us to never give in and never allow those that would bring you down to succeed. I will for one always remember the grit, determination and togetherness this TEAM brought into light every time they walked on to the playing floor. From all of my family to the coaches, players and managers we say, "WE LOVE YOU" and congrats!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to The Lady Warriors and the Riverdale Family! We are all so proud of you! How many and who returns for next year? GO WARRIORS! :angry:

This was a senior lead team with 6 in and out of the line up every game. Jaclissa was the leader and her on and off the floor leadership will be hard to replace. First team will have only one spot to fill as Olivia and Ty are battle tested. Maybe one or two of the 5 juniors that rode the pine will step it up this off season and make a showing their senior year, that would be good but after this year you have to factor in the possibility of a top notch transfer or two. Don't forget every one likes a winner! GO LADY WARRIORS 2007' 2010' State Champions :wub:

The 'Ladies' Bball team reminds me of the old football team. Finish one season and reload for the next! :lol:

Do you think we can get Coach to TALK to the football team? :thumb:

Got to give her credit as HER team looked more fired up every time I saw them this year. I wish I could say the same for the Fball team.