RIVERDALE LADY WARRIORS ARE AAA STATE CHAMPS

riverdaleman

so she went to Christiana for 3 years and just finished her 2nd year at Riverdale how is she there illegally.

The Riverdale administration uses her Grandmother's address (which is in the Riverdale zone) as her permanent address. She does not actually live at that address. She lives with her mother over next to Oakland High School.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you know that for sure? Maybe you should turn them in......

oh they tried and we did not get the probation for barbee we got it for letting middle schoolers come to a game like everyone has done for year if there was anyway for them to get us they tried so we got slapped on the wrist and had moved on and some people hasnt moved on and keeps throwing things out there hoping something sticks but nothing really sticks..its ok we are the 2010 STATE CHAMPS so it has definetly worked out for the best...

as far as where she lives i do not know i have never followed her home but she went to christianna for 3 years and now RIVERDALE so its whatever

oh they tried and we did not get the probation for barbee we got it for letting middle schoolers come to a game like everyone has done for year if there was anyway for them to get us they tried so we got slapped on the wrist and had moved on and some people hasnt moved on and keeps throwing things out there hoping something sticks but nothing really sticks..its ok we are the 2010 STATE CHAMPS so it has definetly worked out for the best...

as far as where she lives i do not know i have never followed her home but she went to christianna for 3 years and now RIVERDALE so its whatever

What a load of crap. But I've come to expect nothing less from this homer.

To all the Lady Warriors, the parents, staff and others.....

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE FEELING TODAY (I felt the same feelings in April, 2008 at Independence High School). It isn't easy and there are just no words to describe to you until you experience it yourself.....

Best of luck to both coaches on their new adventure in Kentucky!

except this time she isnt going to a better opportunity in high school she is leaving for her husband who has the opportunity to be a head coach in div 1A so we are happy for her but sad for us

Whether she is going to a "better" high school, or moving with her husband or whatever.....it still hurts like heck to the girls! After being sought out by other high schools in 2008 (including Riverdale), the coach sat the Indy girls down and told them that she wasn't leaving to go anywhere else. She scheduled parent-coach meetings and the very day of the meetings 2 weeks later, she quit. I know the team at Indy (even with Haislip and Lott) were not a "State Team", but they gave her two years of their lives and they were ripped apart along with the other girls. Crying, vomiting, etc.....It hurts no matter what! But the coach is very goal oriented and she finally got what she wanted and congratulations to her! She even stated in The Tennessean the reason she left Indy and went to Riverdale was to win a State Championship and she knew she couldn't do it at Indy---so good for her and your school! You are state champs----Woohoo! You can update that sign at Warrior Drive and add another year! Yippee!!! Aren't you happy today?????

Two years at this school, and two years at that school just tears kids apart....(she is not the only coach that moved around alot). I guess the days of a coach staying at a high school more than 8-10 years are just gone....

We used to live a mile up the road......no need to follow anyone. (Our daughter has actually driven her around). We, like most parents, actually had to MOVE to our school zone.

This info about your player came out of Oakland High School....from some of the personnel there....

It is funny you mentioned that "nothing really sticks".... Other high schools in the State of Tennessee who have been slammed recently regarding ineligible players are wondering why "nothing ever sticks"....

To all the Lady Warriors, the parents, staff and others.....

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE FEELING TODAY (I felt the same feelings in April, 2008 at Independence High School). It isn't easy and there are just no words to describe to you until you experience it yourself.....

Best of luck to both coaches on their new adventure in Kentucky!

except this time she isnt going to a better opportunity in high school she is leaving for her husband who has the opportunity to be a head coach in div 1A so we are happy for her but sad for us

Whether she is going to a "better" high school, or moving with her husband or whatever.....it still hurts like heck to the girls! After being sought out by other high schools in 2008 (including Riverdale), the coach sat the Indy girls down and told them that she wasn't leaving to go anywhere else. She scheduled parent-coach meetings and the very day of the meetings 2 weeks later, she quit. I know the team at Indy (even with Haislip and Lott) were not a "State Team", but they gave her two years of their lives and they were ripped apart along with the other girls. Crying, vomiting, etc.....It hurts no matter what! But the coach is very goal oriented and she finally got what she wanted and congratulations to her! She even stated in The Tennessean the reason she left Indy and went to Riverdale was to win a State Championship and she knew she couldn't do it at Indy---so good for her and your school! You are state champs----Woohoo! You can update that sign at Warrior Drive and add another year! Yippee!!! Aren't you happy today?????

Two years at this school, and two years at that school just tears kids apart....(she is not the only coach that moved around alot). I guess the days of a coach staying at a high school more than 8-10 years are just gone....

I agree 100% that it is tough when a coach leaves after just 2 years however as much as I hate it and some of the girls hate it we understand and I am sure that the sign will be updated soon enough and yes i am still happy as I have confidence in Mr Nolan to bring in another good coach to replace her everyone knows we still have the talent

You likely could not recognize what was going to happen but this was inevitable. It happened two years earlier because her husband got the job. Besides her family, basketball and working with young people is her life. Her drive is excellence and giving back to to players some of the things she may have missed in growing up. Remember her name and their name. You will hear it again. Seeing some one excell in what they do and develop the talents of others is very enjoyable. Many try but few are really good a t it. Those who have that same drive invariably migrate to a person and they see the same thing in, a coach that they have. It is called chemistry. Its talked about but many times is not defined. HH will never have trouble in finding players who have the same intensity for the game as she has. They will naturally attract. Some will try to find reasons for her success and say she has some unfair advantages and she does. An inate advantage to have the same intensity as most players who excell have, they match. She and they are very fortunate to go thru life with that same intensity and if they keep it, attracting young people who have that same demeanor will make their careers a success. Good luck but I'm not sure you'll need it.

It is pretty obvious that the coaches of girls basketball in Rutherford seem to all have this same demeaner. It is why they are selected. It seems to be a criteria for success. Its also obvious that colleges/universities are looking in the State for coaches that are currently coaching in high schools. there are some good ones here.