IMAC Scoreboard

SHS1

How does the standings look right now? South Doyle is in a funk. Lost 5 in a row :roflol: 3-6 in the district with Cocke County up this week and Mo West Friday. We have games with Cherokee the following week. It would be awful nice to go on a 5 game winning streak in the division. Come on Kees, we all know you are capable of better.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sevier Co vs Jeff Co rained out last night also. Make-up is scheduled for Monday 5/3.

Zach Flynn hit his 7 HR Monday against Jeff. Sounds like the same kinda shot Kirkland hit. Neither outfielder for Jeff, left or center, moved. I would estimate 420+ easy with no wind blowing. This ignited our comeback. We were down 5-1 bottom of 6th when this happened, then a rbi 2B by Pope and a 2 rbi game tying 2B off the rightfield wall by Solomon (yes, I am related!!! :thumb: ) and then Soly taking 3rd on a WP blocked by the catcher and scoring on an errant throw made an exciting 6-5 Smoky bears win to keep us in the hunt.

We have Seymour Mon & Tues which will be pivotal for the standings for both of us!

Sevier Co vs Jeff Co rained out last night also. Make-up is scheduled for Monday 5/3.

Zach Flynn hit his 7 HR Monday against Jeff. Sounds like the same kinda shot Kirkland hit. Neither outfielder for Jeff, left or center, moved. I would estimate 420+ easy with no wind blowing. This ignited our comeback. We were down 5-1 bottom of 6th when this happened, then a rbi 2B by Pope and a 2 rbi game tying 2B off the rightfield wall by Solomon (yes, I am related!!! :roflol: ) and then Soly taking 3rd on a WP blocked by the catcher and scoring on an errant throw made an exciting 6-5 Smoky bears win to keep us in the hunt.

We have Seymour Mon & Tues which will be pivotal for the standings for both of us![/quote

I also think you need to thank the umpiring crew for a couple of gifts you recieved in this game it might not have changed the outcome but it did affect the game at the time. Also I don't think it was an errant throw I think the 3rd baseman just missed it.

I saw the throw go to the wrong side of the bag & I was looking down the line, tough play for the 3rd baseman that could have been made, but was an errant throw, just my opinion. Also, we have been on the other side of bad calls a lot worse than any in this game with the same ump. I just remember only one call that could really have been questioned, but I remember a few others were questioned that should not have been. Again my opinion.

If we had lost, I would have said we gave it away, we were very flat from the start. Since we won, it was a great comeback. Just depends on which team you are for & how you see it. 4 runs down in the 6th.

Good Luck to you all Mon & Tues.