Meigs looking for new coach

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. Roberts is the director of schools. Word on the street is that since graduation is this week the search is on the back burner but it will continue next week.

This issue has been on the back burner long enough. I never in my wildest dreams thought this issue would get 15 pages before Meigs hired a coach. Oldcat, when was the last interview? I was told Holiday coached the scrimmage by himself due to Harris wife having a baby. Congrats Coach Harris. Is ole Rick going to be kicked to the curb, AGAIN?

I totally agree with the last post, how long are these kids gonna have to stay in the dark, I know there were alot of things going on this week with softball and graduation and exams but this search has been going on long enough, there is no reason this issue should be on the back burner summer workouts start soon and the season is coming up fast, are these kids are going to have to go all summer before Baker realizes that he has the right man there and he has been there all along. It's time for Baker to make the decision or get somebody higher up the ladder to make the call, this isn't rocket science Rick Holliday deserves the chance to coach this team, If he really went to Baker and applied in person then Baker should realize this man won't turn the job down like all the others. Holliday, Harris, the parents, the fans and espically the players deserve an answer to this riddle. So my request to Baker, get this search over with and let the Tigers get to work.

I havent read this whole thread so this question may have already been answered. Does anyone know why this is taking so long? Of the coaches that have applied, are none good enough to the administration? Are they going out looking for new canidates or still deciding on the current ones?

Well another week starts and still no coach. I think to answer Byrdmans question, I think that the coaches that have been offered the job have turned it down for various reasons, it's not the adminstration that is saying no to them, but these coaches that have applied knew going in how the system worked, being a coach and a teacher is not a get rich thing and it is costly to move, that's why I'm still saying Rick Holliday is there he is not going to have to pack up and move in and he knows football, what's it going to take for Coach Baker to step up and make a decision . I also think it's a shame to lose even more players, I don't know how many that is but it's more than 1 or 2, I also heard that one or two other players that played last year won't be playing this year and that a couple of the middle school kids with alot of potential won't be playing either. I don't know how much is true it's just what I heard over the weekend. In any case, Baker you need to make a move before you lose more kids.

Does anyone have a realistic idea of what is going to happen with this situation?

I say get Coach James to be head coach and let Rayl, Mr. Roberts, and Baker be assistants. Someone find Coach Webb. He can be another assistant and will definitely put the fire into those kids. Haha.

Sounds like a good idea. How's it going Hump? They need some old school players like yourself if you are who I think you are. We use to kick tail in football and baesball! The fire could be there again!!

Does anyone have a realistic idea of what is going to happen with this situation?

I say get Coach James to be head coach and let Rayl, Mr. Roberts, and Baker be assistants. Someone find Coach Webb. He can be another assistant and will definitely put the fire into those kids. Haha.

By the way Hump there hasn't been a kicker since you left. If this was the case, look for power I with Webb throwing in a little wing T. Hump414 why don't you put in for the job?

I hope your right retired, and I do hope it's the right man, as far as the other names brought up with Webb, James, Rayl, etc. I think it would be a mistake to hire anyone of those men back as coach, I don't think Coach James could anyway isn't he the city mayor? Anyway why would you go back in time and bring in those guys, they were good in their time but this is 2010 and correct me if i'm wrong, but I think that has already been tried when Eller was hired. I am not trying to be disrespectful to any of the former coaches I just think it's time to move on to someone else. Like I said I hope retired is right, and If you know something share with the group, even If your wrong it will give us something fresh to talk about.

I hope your right retired, and I do hope it's the right man, as far as the other names brought up with Webb, James, Rayl, etc. I think it would be a mistake to hire anyone of those men back as coach, I don't think Coach James could anyway isn't he the city mayor? Anyway why would you go back in time and bring in those guys, they were good in their time but this is 2010 and correct me if i'm wrong, but I think that has already been tried when Eller was hired. I am not trying to be disrespectful to any of the former coaches I just think it's time to move on to someone else. Like I said I hope retired is right, and If you know something share with the group, even If your wrong it will give us something fresh to talk about.

I think Hump was being sarcastic, or atleast I hope he was!! :popcorneater: