William Blount

pride22

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Havent heard much about the team this offseason. Its been quiet up in Gov country and that could be bad or good. Dont know upcoming season guess its the same as last years. Think the first game was karns not really sure and who could forget that game. Also heard wb hired John Young who has been at heritage and maryville

Havent heard much about the team this offseason. Its been quiet up in Gov country and that could be bad or good. Dont know upcoming season guess its the same as last years. Think the first game was karns not really sure and who could forget that game. Also heard wb hired John Young who has been at heritage and maryville

I'd be surprised if JY would take such a demotion...

Congratulations Jon. Good to have you back at WB. Get started on those cousins of yours and get them swapped over, I'm working hard on their dad. Old Rebel, coming home is not a demotion. Would have expected a little more class from you.

Calm down. JY is a friend & he combs these boards more than coacht himself

So, is it official, is Jon Young going to WB or not?

Hey Scoot

I don't if Jon is coming back. He is a good young man and would be a good addition to any staff. I no longer have a "dog in the hunt" but will keep an eye on the threads. I heard that Coach Emert is no longer on the staff. There are many that dont like Coach Emert but there are many that still do. Whatever happens with the staff I hope it works out best for the kids.

I do know that the offensive line graduated several. There will be alot of holes to fill on both sides of the ball. This will be Coach Gregory's first full year to put in his system. When Meadows left after he had already held spring practice, he really put Gregory in a hole trying to install his offense. I'm not a fan of wing football but his style is fun to watch. The only problem is that most wing teams are to one dementional. If the Govs can execute the running game and develope a vertical passing attack then things may be okay. Overall they will be young but QB Zach Witt will now be a senior. With last year under his belt as a starter the game speed should be a little slower for him. If Jon comes on staff I'm sure he could help Zach. Keep us posted on the Mountaineers. I still have some "Raiders" kids out there and depending on what teams are playing where, you may see my bald head out your way. :thumb:

tpoole12

GO GOVS

GO Mountaineers

GO Rebels

GO Tornados

I have a few kids everywhere........... :thumb:

Good riddance as far as Emert is concerned. He has been a cancer to the program, not sure why it took so long for some to realize it. He claims that he is off to Catholic after the season and I couldn't think of two people more deserving of each other than Emert and Meadows. Coach Gregory seems to be doing what is necessary to build a program, it will not be a two or three year job but he is getting rid of the cancer and surrounding himself with good people who care about the program and have knowledge of the game of football. Jon will give coach Gregory a much needed help on offense so that Gregory can focus a little more on his forte, which is the defensive side of the ball.

I have heard that yes it official that Jon Young is joining the WB coaching staff. I also heard that both Dalton Wheeler and Brooks Cunningham are coming back to william blount this year from Alcoa. Sometimes you learn that the grass is not always greener on the other side. :bored: