William Blount

pride22

Yes. Been saying since Sunday that JY is back, It is definite, it was definite last Friday. There has also been another hire to replace Emert. This was done Wednesday. He is a WB graduate and I think will be a very good fit in the program. I will hold off on giving his name at the time. Coach Garner will also be back with WB this season coaching the DB's.

I like David Gregory. His actions tells me that he is not there to just draw a paycheck, he is there to give 100% to make this a winning program and if you are an asst. coach and you are not committed to doing the same, then hit the road. He is surrounding himself with good loyal people.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Been saying since Sunday that JY is back, It is definite, it was definite last Friday. There has also been another hire to replace Emert. This was done Wednesday. He is a WB graduate and I think will be a very good fit in the program. I will hold off on giving his name at the time.

You mean Tim?

I have heard that yes it official that Jon Young is joining the WB coaching staff. I also heard that both Dalton Wheeler and Brooks Cunningham are coming back to william blount this year from Alcoa. Sometimes you learn that the grass is not always greener on the other side. :popcorneater:

I dont understand how these kids keep changing schools and not have to sit out a year? Someone please explain?

I have heard that yes it official that Jon Young is joining the WB coaching staff. I also heard that both Dalton Wheeler and Brooks Cunningham are coming back to william blount this year from Alcoa. Sometimes you learn that the grass is not always greener on the other side. :popcorneater:

I dont understand how these kids keep changing schools and not have to sit out a year? Someone please explain?

scoot91........Playur traids, fuchure draft cunsidderayshuns, and a moebull rezidence (Eye luv dubble wides meself) make hit all good...... :flower:

I think both of these players moved into the Alcoa area and then moved back into the WB area. As long as they had a proven change of address, they can play.

I have heard that yes it official that Jon Young is joining the WB coaching staff. I also heard that both Dalton Wheeler and Brooks Cunningham are coming back to william blount this year from Alcoa. Sometimes you learn that the grass is not always greener on the other side. :lol:

Don't know about the grass being greener, but the level of competition at Alcoa is much tougher than expected. The small school aspect leads many to believe that they can transfer and play early and make an immediate impact. Unfortunately, this is very false belief and has repeatedly weeded out quite a few dejected transfer players.

Wheeler has left for sure. Brooks is still enrolled at Alcoa. I watched him walk across the stage last Saturday and get his state championship ring. A fine young man, Brooks is facing some very stiff competition at his position. Tallent, Hamrick, Isom, Turbyfill, Koko, and Warfield are just some of the proven talent he must at least match to get on the field and out perform to stay on the field. I believe he will accomplish this by his junior and senior seasons. Good luck to him in whatever move he and his family choses.

I agree. Not always greener, but given the situation that those young men where faced with you would not make the same choice???? Loyalty wins all the time and when you are looking at a HC that has no loyalty then what do you do?? GR has my vote as being a loyal HC. And he does not coach by intimidation or tell someone after another that is his "perfect" job. Rankin has stood the test of time and he is a stand up guy... I do believe that WB now has a stand up guy too in DG, as Doctor Dave told us he was, so I will where my Blue and Orange and tell all alumns to do the same. You got what you had coming Sir. No more cancer and no more stepping stone HC's . They will all get what they deserve. SO beofre you start with this and that... Give me your phone number and name as I have done... or just cast stones but I am not calling ANYONE OUT KH......

• 3 weeks later...