EARLY Preseason Topic

JodyJoe

Before you guys leave, until football season or the summer circuit picks up why don't we have a small discussion on potential State Contenders? What they have returning, who they may be receiving from Middle School or another School, under the radar players? Similiar to what ESPN does every year after a National Championship game where they release their early top preseason 25 poll.

I will say this. Southwind, Melrose, Central, East, White Station, Dyer County, Clarksville Northeast I believe, and Bearden all return nice pieces from very good teams this year. I believe these will be the top 8 teams next year. Who are some sleepers? Bartlett out of Memphis is one of them, and Briarcrest Christian will be killer next year.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Single A Clarksville Academy should be the favorite returning the twin towers. CSAS returns a lot as well. Humboldt seems to always reload and make the tournament, but can never win it all. I also expect Union City to be up there as well. Always a well coached team when I have seen them play.

In Single A Clarksville Academy should be the favorite returning the twin towers. CSAS returns a lot as well. Humboldt seems to always reload and make the tournament, but can never win it all. I also expect Union City to be up there as well. Always a well coached team when I have seen them play.

In single A i agree

Clarksville Academy

CSAS

Humboldt

who else has a lot returning

In single A i agree

Clarksville Academy

CSAS

Humboldt

who else has a lot returning

wayne county only lost both their post players number 42 and number 50 but they will be interesting to watch down the way and who ever wins region 6-a will be hard to beat they have 4 verry good teams in summertown perry co and wayne co and mount pleasant

This was a MAJOR rebuilding year for Humboldt. After losing 7 great Seniors from last season, I'd say it was a great accomplishment for them to even get to the State Tournament, considering that they only had 2 returning starters. They will lose one vital starter after this year, meaning four of them will return for next season. Hopefully the experience the younger players gained from 2009-2010 will help them prepare better for at least the next 2 seasons. I think that Humboldt will once again make a trip to State.

My picks in Class A (in no particular order):

Clarksville Academy

CSAS

Humboldt

Union City - it would be nice to see them make a State trip again!

Lake County?... it not UC.

City University and/or Westwood

Temple

Grace

I don't know much about Classes AA and AAA :/.

This was a MAJOR rebuilding year for Humboldt. After losing 7 great Seniors from last season, I'd say it was a great accomplishment for them to even get to the State Tournament, considering that they only had 2 returning starters. They will lose one vital starter after this year, meaning four of them will return for next season. Hopefully the experience the younger players gained from 2009-2010 will help them prepare better for at least the next 2 seasons. I think that Humboldt will once again make a trip to State.

My picks in Class A (in no particular order):

Clarksville Academy

CSAS

Humboldt

Union City - it would be nice to see them make a State trip again!

Lake County?... it not UC.

City University and/or Westwood

Temple

Grace

I don't know much about Classes AA and AAA :/.

Unless you know something I dont I would bet my paycheck that Tennessee Temple wont make it to murfreesboro next year. heck they didnt make it past the district this year