13AA Softball

redbirdfan

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Westview has the potential to be the best team in the district. They have probably the best pitching trio out of anyone in the district. Shanna Chappell is their senior pitcher who has signed to play college softball at Bryan College followed by Shaylon Robb who is a Junior and finished with a 0.47 ERA last season and was on the All State team and closing it out is Meagan Prince who is a left handed Freshman who can flat out bring it. Then they have McKenzie Norris behind the plate who calls every game on her own and does a heck of a job. They also have in my opinion one of the top slap hitters in the state in Kelly Gaston. They have 3 or 4 slappers if I remember correctly and then some very solid power hitters in Ashley Bynum and Shaylon Robb. They have two or three freshman that are really doing well and have helped them out quite a bit. They have been to the state tournament the past 3 years in a row and I think this team is the most complete team top to bottom that they have. Once they start clicking and get rolling, watch out!

Westview has the potential to be the best team in the district. They have probably the best pitching trio out of anyone in the district. Shanna Chappell is their senior pitcher who has signed to play college softball at Bryan College followed by Shaylon Robb who is a Junior and finished with a 0.47 ERA last season and was on the All State team and closing it out is Meagan Prince who is a left handed Freshman who can flat out bring it. Then they have McKenzie Norris behind the plate who calls every game on her own and does a heck of a job. They also have in my opinion one of the top slap hitters in the state in Kelly Gaston. They have 3 or 4 slappers if I remember correctly and then some very solid power hitters in Ashley Bynum and Shaylon Robb. They have two or three freshman that are really doing well and have helped them out quite a bit. They have been to the state tournament the past 3 years in a row and I think this team is the most complete team top to bottom that they have. Once they start clicking and get rolling, watch out!

Looks like they struggled to handle USJ. USJ 2 Westview 1.

From what I have seen and heard I would rank Covington, Milan, Crockett, and Westview in that order........

I don't know these kids that were mentioned but the game I saw they barely got the ball out of the infield..... :?:

I think Westview graduated 4 or 5 kids from last year's team. Saw all 4 in Jackson Tournament and Westview was the least scary!!!!!!!!!!! Westview will be knocked off their throne this year with the new district......They and everyone else is battling for 2nd.........All in all good luck to everyone....I do think 13AA can send two teams to state this year. :thumb:

From what I have seen and heard I would rank Covington, Milan, Crockett, and Westview in that order........

I don't know these kids that were mentioned but the game I saw they barely got the ball out of the infield..... :o

I think Westview graduated 4 or 5 kids from last year's team. Saw all 4 in Jackson Tournament and Westview was the least scary!!!!!!!!!!! Westview will be knocked off their throne this year with the new district......They and everyone else is battling for 2nd.........All in all good luck to everyone....I do think 13AA can send two teams to state this year. :cry:

Guru....maybe you should change your rankings after tonight's game. Westview dominated Milan 12-2 in 6 innings tonight. It wasn't close at any point in the game. Westview started the game in the first inning scoring 6 runs. Westview has probably the best line-up top to bottom in the district. They only lost two girls from last year's team which were Sam Giesler (who is starting as a Freshman at Union this year) and Grace Ann Swaim (who will be playing college basketball). Westview has made it to the state tournament the past three consecutive years and I see them making it a fourth this year. You haven't gotten to see Westview at it's best yet :cry:

Covington and Westview look to be the teams to beat. Watched both play at state last year and would not be surprised to see them there again.

Pretty sure that Covington returns six starters from last year's 3rd place team in Class AA. That includes their top two pitchers (Cousar and Glenn), as well as All-State shortstop C.J. Browder.

Westview has, as you said, probably its most complete lineup in the past several years.

I don't know these kids that were mentioned but the game I saw they barely got the ball out of the infield..... :roll:

I think Westview graduated 4 or 5 kids from last year's team. Saw all 4 in Jackson Tournament and Westview was the least scary!!!!!!!!!!! Westview will be knocked off their throne this year with the new district......They and everyone else is battling for 2nd.........All in all good luck to everyone....I do think 13AA can send two teams to state this year. :roll:

Guru....maybe you should change your rankings after tonight's game. Westview dominated Milan 12-2 in 6 innings tonight. It wasn't close at any point in the game. Westview started the game in the first inning scoring 6 runs. Westview has probably the best line-up top to bottom in the district. They only lost two girls from last year's team which were Sam Giesler (who is starting as a Freshman at Union this year) and Grace Ann Swaim (who will be playing college basketball). Westview has made it to the state tournament the past three consecutive years and I see them making it a fourth this year. You haven't gotten to see Westview at it's best yet :)

As most who have watched this district the last several years, there are no real easy answers in this district. Now with Covington joining they look like a lock, but the second place team could be a toss up. Will depend who is playing their best ball when it comes tournament time. Westview lost two games to South Fulton Monday.. who saw that coming.. and no one would have seen Westview beating Milan by that score. From what I understand, Milan's only varsity pitcher was having a bad night and her defense didn't cover. Westview did have some great hits, but off a pitcher who wasn't on. It happens. I am sure most of the Westview fans will admit they don't expect that kind of game next time with Milan. They usually split the season games with Westview winning district over Milan the last two years. So as I said, this district comes down to the tournament period. So we will just have to wait and see how everyone progresses. Of course, Crockett is also waiting for their chance.

Ya know....I think I will stick to my rankings with maybe a Crockett at 2 and Milan/Westview at the 3/4 spot. Times are changing in 13AA and as you said 2nd place will be a toss up. Covington is the lock for number 1 and it will be whether or not the 2nd place team can travel and get it done.

Milan and Crockett seem to have the complete lineups with everyone else in a funk. Just saw Crockett lose to Covington by 1 run. Might have the two best teams right there.

We will see if Covington and Crockett Co are the two best teams when Westview and Crockett Co play Thursday night at Martin. So far Westview and Covington are the only two teams undefeated in district play. Westview beat Milan 12-2, Obion 5-1, and Gibson Co 13-0. They haven't even had a close district game yet. But like I said, they will show you Thursday night whether Crockett is one of the top teams or not.

Covington has 3 pitchers, 9 bats, and a great shortstop! Whoever beats them, on any day, will have done well! Martin and Crockett seem to be stacked, too. It is ashamed to have a district so loaded and then lesser teams get to go to state. Luck of the draw I guess. Covington will be in the 'boro, though!

Sportslover, I think your name should be Westview DAD or MOM. You need to get realistic. I didn't say the girls weren't any good, I just said they aren't as good as some of these other teams. You can't be serious after what Crockett did earlier in the year against Westview to think that it won't be any different now. Your game with Crockett will be a 1 or 2 run game and I'm willing to bet Crockett will have the lead after 7. :?:

You heard it here first. You guys let me know if you need any other predictions.