District 7 AAA

BHSVB

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has anyone hears the score to the oakland game? i went to the siegel smyrna game obviously very one sided even the one goal that scored was rly a give me from the ref u could tell he started to just let small fouls against siegel go. but the big thing im looking for is the score last i heard oakland and blackmen were in ot

actually found it on the daily news journal oakland won 3-2 in ot wow! first upset in my books any way so it looks like lavergne/siegel and riverdale/oakland wow sounds like some good stuff! any details on the oakland and blackman game would be appriciated

Blackman vs Oakland game was a great game. Both teams played hard, Oakland scored early on a corner kick, then Blackman answered on a great long shot. Oakland scored next in the first ten min. overtime, then Blackman scored with 1:25 left in second ten min. overtime. The winning goal was just into 5 min. golden goal overtime from a corner kick, where ball was deflected and landed at Oaklands player foot ans he scored. The Blackman players all thought its was a hand ball, I didnt have a good view, so I cant be certain, but the Blackman keeper immediately stated hand ball. Overall game could have gone either way, but congrats to Oakland.

so we have lavergne/siegel today and riverdale/oakland riverdale should easily get past oakland unless a major upset somehow happens but the lavergne/siegel game should be a close one the two goals lavergne scored were dings off the post and siegel had a poor defensive game that game. anyone have any predictions on that game or even both. maybe some espn keys to the game lol if siegel can do this they win if lavergne can do this they win things like that. just would like to hear other people's opinions i knw there is going to be a lot of heart into these to games at siegel soccer park tonight.

Sorry I am so late informing you guys of scores, as I did not have internet service the past couple of days. Starting with the Riverdale/Oakland game. Not much to say about it. The Warriors won it 4-1 off two goals from corners, an error by the goalie on a free kick, and just an overall well played goal. Now for the Siegel/LaVergne game. This game was slow paced for the majority of regulation. LaVergne struck first, but Siegel answered just minutes afterwards. They went into OT at 1-1. No scores through the first two 10 minute OTs. There were also no scores in the first 5 minute golden goal OT. During the second 5 minute golden goal OT, LaVergne headed in the winning goal from service from a teammate with 41 seconds to go, avoiding the PK shootout. Overall a fantastic game. Very much a low scoring game as predicted. Riverdale and LaVergne should be a good championship game Thursday at 7pm. Try to make it out if you can. Predictions or thoughts anyone?

The LaVergne / Columbia game will be at 7 p.m. at Richard Siegel soccer park on the championship field. I think this is the 'boro's way of making it up to the district for letting the lights go out at 10 pm during the Siegel game.

For those who may not know - the game was in the 2nd half of the 1st OT with about 8 min and some change to go when the stadium lights went out. It wasn't until about 10:20 before they came back on. The guy from Parks & Rec left the stadium to run an errand and forgot about us until he was called by the TSSAA official! Needless to say, that was a super long game until Ali Guerra's header with 42 seconds left.

I still just don't understand how LaVergne is the District tournament "host" team, is the highest seeded team playing in our region games, and has to go to Murfreesboro to play their games, as Home team... what happened to "Home Field Advantage" for the hosts and higher seeds?