Heather Griffin (Gibson County)

Artavia Bryant (Marshall County) :angry:

Chynna Helton (Lewis County) :angry:

Amber Rechis (Westview)

Emily Sissom (Cannon County)

Erica Ousley (Fairley)

Alesa Hammaker (CAK)

Bre Hall (Fulton)

For the most part, a very good list. However, there are a couple of very interesting choices.....

How in the world did Helton of lewis county make the AA all-state list? She isn't even one of the top two players on her own team and not even one of the top 5 players in her district. she only averaged 7.5 ppg and has about as many assists as turnovers, if not more. I would say that there are about 80 - 100 players throughout Tennessee in AA that deserved to be on that list before her. looks like good ole' dad sold some of his own players out and promoted his daughter by calling in some of his old sportswriter buddies for some favors....it wouldn't be the first time...

How in the world did Helton of lewis county make the AA all-state list? She isn't even one of the top two players on her own team and not even one of the top 5 players in her district. she only averaged 7.5 ppg and has about as many assists as turnovers, if not more. I would say that there are about 80 - 100 players throughout Tennessee in AA that deserved to be on that list before her. looks like good ole' dad sold some of his own players out and promoted his daughter by calling in some of his old sportswriter buddies for some favors....it wouldn't be the first time...

If true, this is pretty sad. Unfortunately, EVERY all-star team I've ever seen has some politics in it...and parents are usually involved at some level.

AB23 and 5 sport dad, that is just ridiculous...sounds to me there is some jealousy going on here...cant really have politics on a group of kids voted for by sportswriters from different places...just say your congrats and go on...not like they are going to play some all star game and be recognized nationally anyways...its a nice accomplishment but not the end of the world for ones that didnt make it and easily could have replaced any one girl out of the group

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

agree what a joke if you can't pick the best player why even bother with it do they think we are all stupid Edited by 123POPPAW