Team Tennessee?

cbg

Before someone goes off the diving tower with no water in the pool this post is not to gas someone up but to give me a little clarification. How do kids get onto Team Tennessee? Is it a case of fathers making the decision to put a team together for tournament X and then going out and finding kids to fill the weight classifications or do you have to win a tournament? What is the qualification process for the schoolboy, cadet and junior dual championships? Will Tennessee place a team in these tournaments or has that decision even been made at this time?

Before someone goes off the diving tower with no water in the pool this post is not to gas someone up but to give me a little clarification. How do kids get onto Team Tennessee? Is it a case of fathers making the decision to put a team together for tournament X and then going out and finding kids to fill the weight classifications or do you have to win a tournament? What is the qualification process for the schoolboy, cadet and junior dual championships? Will Tennessee place a team in these tournaments or has that decision even been made at this time?

The schoolboy, cadet, and junior duals teams are USA Wrestling (USAW) sanctioned events and filling those teams is handled by the Tennessee Wrestling Federation (TWF). Tennessee does plan to compete in each event this year, if the interest is there from the rest of the state.

The creation and oversight of these teams will fall to the state developmental coach, Mike Hatcher. In order to fill a spot on any of those teams an athlete must simply pay the deposit for the team. This reserves their right to be a member of the team when the fees are paid in full. In the situation where multiple wrestlers wish to compete for the same spots on the team (a problem I wish TN would run into more frequently), results from the state freestyle and Greco-Roman tournament (and sometimes other tournaments like Southeast Regionals where applicable) are typically used and deposits refunded for those wrestlers who are not selected. Rarely does it comes to not sending a wrestler because our participation numbers are rarely that high. All of that being said, the people putting the team together typically starting putting a list together of potential wrestlers well before the state tournament so that they can begin those conversations, there is almost no way to pull it all together quick enough if you haven't. That potential list would typically include wrestlers who are still actively wrestling at this point of the year and who have competed on past national duals teams.

When it comes to filling the TWF teams for USAW events there are never fathers involved as the inclusion of wrestlers passes through multiple board members (typically the developmental coach and the age division director / coach for the particular team). All teams attending USAW National Duals must receive permission to do so from the state governing body, nobody can just choose to put a team together and go.

For clarification purposes, there are many other "Team Tennessee's" that are created through other groups and that compete in other sanctioning bodies organizations. A good example is the AAU team that will compete at the Ohio Tournament of Champions in a few weeks. I believe the majority of the wrestlers for that team were selected based on finish in the AAU state tournament.

Hope that helps clarify a little.

Who will Coach the Cadet duals team

Who will Coach the Junior duals team

How much and when do you send deposit and to whom and what decides how much it is ?

Can you answer this MR House if a wrestler lives in Tn but will spend the summer with there other parent in another state can they wrestle for that state or have to wrestle for Tn only

The schoolboy, cadet, and junior duals teams are USA Wrestling (USAW) sanctioned events and filling those teams is handled by the Tennessee Wrestling Federation (TWF). Tennessee does plan to compete in each event this year, if the interest is there from the rest of the state.

The creation and oversight of these teams will fall to the state developmental coach, Mike Hatcher. In order to fill a spot on any of those teams an athlete must simply pay the deposit for the team. This reserves their right to be a member of the team when the fees are paid in full. In the situation where multiple wrestlers wish to compete for the same spots on the team (a problem I wish TN would run into more frequently), results from the state freestyle and Greco-Roman tournament (and sometimes other tournaments like Southeast Regionals where applicable) are typically used and deposits refunded for those wrestlers who are not selected. Rarely does it comes to not sending a wrestler because our participation numbers are rarely that high. All of that being said, the people putting the team together typically starting putting a list together of potential wrestlers well before the state tournament so that they can begin those conversations, there is almost no way to pull it all together quick enough if you haven't. That potential list would typically include wrestlers who are still actively wrestling at this point of the year and who have competed on past national duals teams.

When it comes to filling the TWF teams for USAW events there are never fathers involved as the inclusion of wrestlers passes through multiple board members (typically the developmental coach and the age division director / coach for the particular team). All teams attending USAW National Duals must receive permission to do so from the state governing body, nobody can just choose to put a team together and go.

For clarification purposes, there are many other "Team Tennessee's" that are created through other groups and that compete in other sanctioning bodies organizations. A good example is the AAU team that will compete at the Ohio Tournament of Champions in a few weeks. I believe the majority of the wrestlers for that team were selected based on finish in the AAU state tournament.

Hope that helps clarify a little.

You and I both know that TWF has had a couple of very qualified coaches volunteer to coach one or more of the dual teams & even passed their disire to do so on to the TWF. To my knowledge they have never been contacted again about this opportunity. We all know that the key to puting together a successful team is not only having the best wrestlers in Tennessee on the team but you must also start to formulate your game plan early. If the coaching staffs are not announced until the last moment it's very difficult to get everyone on the same page. Best of luck but I am a little shocked that these decisions were not made before the 1st of the year.

How much and when do you send deposit and to whom and what decides how much it is ?

Can you answer this MR House if a wrestler lives in Tn but will spend the summer with there other parent in another state can they wrestle for that state or have to wrestle for Tn only

bump

bump

Not to step on Mr. House toes, but alot determines if the numbers are there to have a team in the first place. How many kids are really interested in taking the time? Each team, the Cadets and Juniors will need to plan on at least a two week period for these events. The training camps, travel, actual competition, and return travel.

The price is not known to me, but Cadets in MN and Juniors in OK with a weeks worth of motel for each team plus gear, which is usually shorts, shirts, bags and time for new singlets not to mention travel most liekly by vans.

If I m not mistaken if an athlete lives in a state as their legal residence they are to compete for that state, there are issues of qualification process' for out of state athletes. Then would be matter of the board for each state to either allow or disallow if I am not mistaken. But then again it may have changed and not even possible thru USA.