New Lake Co. Boys Basketball coach

mrbigster

P&G, I have not seen the Tornadoes or Obion in action. I am sure Sisco will have UC loaded for bear this year and Humbolt will be as well. Where have they camped at you know? It is going to be an interesting season.

I'm sre Union city will have a transfer move in from Central,Kentucky or somewhere before the season starts.!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P&G, I have not seen the Tornadoes or Obion in action. I am sure Sisco will have UC loaded for bear this year and Humbolt will be as well. Where have they camped at you know? It is going to be an interesting season.

I'm sre Union city will have a transfer move in from Central,Kentucky or somewhere before the season starts.!

Name one basketball transfer UC has ever had that didn't have a tie to the city......

Cedric Allen doesn't count....He lived in Union City and his granddaddy is the principal at UCES....

The only one I can think of is Charles Lipford and that was in the late 80's, early 90's..He came from Michigan if memory serves me correctly...

P&G I am in agreement that time passes you by. I have great respect for Coach Whitby as a coach and what he was able to accomplish. He won alot of games and did a good job preparing his teams. Did not agree with all his tactics but that is the name of the game. Everybody coaches different their will be people who disagree with what both Coach Bargers do that is the nature of the game. It was just time to move on. He was given an option to resign from everything I have been told but said basically he would coach for free and they would have to fire him. That is what ultimately happened. As far as camp goes, the Lake County boys went 3-0 today beating Dresden, Gibson Co. and Covington. 5-1 for two day camp is not bad. They travel to Dade Co. Georgia Monday and Tuesday to finish up their summer schedule. They will play N. Sand Mountain out of Alabama, Dade Co. and North Jackson out of Alabama.

Just out of curiosity....Have you been able to see Union City play this summer ??...I also heard that Obion Central has been doing pretty good this summer...They have a real good athlete from South Fulton that has transferred and playing for them now...

I really didn't see any player from South Fulton on the high school team that stood out last year.They did have 1 white kid that was pretty good and has potential.Believe he was only a freshman.But the junior high has about 4 kids that are going to be preety good if they stay together.!

He didn't play last year....

Jacob Wade is the kid...He was also a good football player but I don't believe he is playing football...Wade will be a senior this year...

The Lake Co. Falcons finish up their summer camp schedule today and tomorrow at Dade Co. High School in Trenton, GA. They begin play today at 3 pm(est) against North Sand Mountain from Alabama. They also play North Jackson from Alabama and finish today against host Dade Co. Tomorrow they play Ringgold GA., Lakeview-Fort Olgethorpe, GA. and Ridgeland, GA. to finish up.

Name one basketball transfer UC has ever had that didn't have a tie to the city......

Cedric Allen doesn't count....He lived in Union City and his granddaddy is the principal at UCES....

The only one I can think of is Charles Lipford and that was in the late 80's, early 90's..He came from Michigan if memory serves me correctly...

I'm just messing with you Purple.Just every year,it seems like Union City loses 2 or 3 studs and teams think Union City is going to be down..but they seem to always find some excellent players..whether they were bench players in previous years or not played at all and nobody seemed to know anything about them.I really have no idea..Just seems like they reload every year is what I was saying..lol..

The Lake Co. Falcons finish up their summer camp schedule today and tomorrow at Dade Co. High School in Trenton, GA. They begin play today at 3 pm(est) against North Sand Mountain from Alabama. They also play North Jackson from Alabama and finish today against host Dade Co. Tomorrow they play Ringgold GA., Lakeview-Fort Olgethorpe, GA. and Ridgeland, GA. to finish up.

Good luck to the Falcons.Hope you guys play well and have a safe trip.!

Well the Falcons had a good day today going 3-0 at camp. Coach Barger was a little disappointed in the overall competition but should see some better teams tomorrow in Ringgold, LF-O and Ridgeland. The format was to play two 20 minute halves. In the first game vs North Jackson, Alabama the Falcons starters won the 1st half 43-15. The 2nd group won the 2nd half by 20. In game 2 the Falcons played North Sand Mountain out of Alabama and mixing up the groups won by 40 points. LC played camp host Dade Co. Ga, one of the better teams at camp, and won by 2 in OT. Tied after 2 halves they played a two minute extra session that the Falcons pulled out. This was a game of comparable styles as Coach Barger is implementing a similar offensive style and philosophy to the Dade Co team. Overall a good day and will update on day 2 tomorrow.

Well the Falcons had a good day today going 3-0 at camp. Coach Barger was a little disappointed in the overall competition but should see some better teams tomorrow in Ringgold, LF-O and Ridgeland. The format was to play two 20 minute halves. In the first game vs North Jackson, Alabama the Falcons starters won the 1st half 43-15. The 2nd group won the 2nd half by 20. In game 2 the Falcons played North Sand Mountain out of Alabama and mixing up the groups won by 40 points. LC played camp host Dade Co. Ga, one of the better teams at camp, and won by 2 in OT. Tied after 2 halves they played a two minute extra session that the Falcons pulled out. This was a game of comparable styles as Coach Barger is implementing a similar offensive style and philosophy to the Dade Co team. Overall a good day and will update on day 2 tomorrow.

Dang Wardawg..We could have just stayed home and played those kind of teams.Not very far to Union city or Humboldt..lol..Just thought I'd say something to light a fire with Purple and the Union City and Humboldt faithful.The boards are boring this time of year.Thanks for the updates though.Another thing is ..maybe just that Lake Co is going to be that good.!Still a long way to go but I think this will help Lake Co but I think they'll get better before the season ends also.Wish I could be there watching though.Sure is hot here.I cut myself this morning.My blood was green.A lot prettier than purple ..

Today the Falcons finished camp by going 3-0 vs Ridgeland, LFO and Ringgold. Beat Ridgeland by about 20, LFO by about the same and then finished by beating Ringgold by 2. So a perfect 6-0 road trip to N. Georgia. Bigster I think they have a chance to be good, the boys just need to keep working hard and playing the tuff D they have shown in camp. THey are going about 9 deep right now with Stetson Swift, Rafeal Tyler, Devon Jones, Ricky Boyd and Derrick Swift starting. Then you have Zay Coleman, BJ Gauldin, Dominic Kimble and Caleb Bledsoe off the Bench. They still got alot of work to do but can be a good team if they continue to improve. Well the Basketball is finished till after dead period when they will hit the weight room and condition. finished 15-5 in their 3 camps not a bad start.

Today the Falcons finished camp by going 3-0 vs Ridgeland, LFO and Ringgold. Beat Ridgeland by about 20, LFO by about the same and then finished by beating Ringgold by 2. So a perfect 6-0 road trip to N. Georgia. Bigster I think they have a chance to be good, the boys just need to keep working hard and playing the tuff D they have shown in camp. THey are going about 9 deep right now with Stetson Swift, Rafeal Tyler, Devon Jones, Ricky Boyd and Derrick Swift starting. Then you have Zay Coleman, BJ Gauldin, Dominic Kimble and Caleb Bledsoe off the Bench. They still got alot of work to do but can be a good team if they continue to improve. Well the Basketball is finished till after dead period when they will hit the weight room and condition. finished 15-5 in their 3 camps not a bad start.

Stetson started a few games last year but I kinda thought Bledsoe may be the other starter.I hear Dominic shoots the ball pretty well.Coleman is small and quick but just a freshman.If those 9 decide to listen and play team ball and do as expected,Lake Co will be ok.Thanks for all the updates.!

:roflolk:

Well I haven't been on here in a while. I read the article in the Banner yesterday about the basketball camps so I thought I'd see what the latest scuttlebutt was on coacht. Pretty much the same old thing. We can talk about it until Judgment day and it won't change a thing. It is done.I have moved on. Of course I moved on a couple of years ago. I became resigned to our situation. I am excited about this year in both football an basketball. I wish both new coaches much success. If they don't have it' it will not be because of lack of work on their part. Of that I am sure. I wish much success for Coach Whitby as well and I hope that he gets a chance to continue coaching. I know that he loves coaching.

In the immortal words of Forrest Gump "and that's all I have to say about that". I am now focused on the present and future. Go Falcons......win or lose, leave it all on the court or the field. And to the superfans Purple and Bigster, Ya'll a Mess....You guys are like that little dinosaur baby on tv that used to say, I'm the baby, gotta love me.............carry on!...... :popcorneater: