New Lake Co. Boys Basketball coach

mrbigster

Well I haven't been on here in a while. I read the article in the Banner yesterday about the basketball camps so I thought I'd see what the latest scuttlebutt was on coacht. Pretty much the same old thing. We can talk about it until Judgment day and it won't change a thing. It is done.I have moved on. Of course I moved on a couple of years ago. I became resigned to our situation. I am excited about this year in both football an basketball. I wish both new coaches much success. If they don't have it' it will not be because of lack of work on their part. Of that I am sure. I wish much success for Coach Whitby as well and I hope that he gets a chance to continue coaching. I know that he loves coaching.

In the immortal words of Forrest Gump "and that's all I have to say about that". I am now focused on the present and future. Go Falcons......win or lose, leave it all on the court or the field. And to the superfans Purple and Bigster, Ya'll a Mess....You guys are like that little dinosaur baby on tv that used to say, I'm the baby, gotta love me.............carry on!...... :popcorneater:

You mean I'm a Super Fan? We're Diaper Dandies Baby!.

I feel the samwe way about your post.The past several years have just been in most cases,Lake Co had better talent.Now I believe Lake Co has someone that is at least going to have her head in the game and like you said.work hard.And same as you.I hope Coach Whitby finds a school that will let him stay close to basketball.!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya'll can win all those games against those Alabama/Georgia teams all ya want..I lived in Chattanooga for a couple of years..Those teams are one's I recognize....The Times-Free Press covered those teams..

Ya'll weren't on WPSD-TV though....UC was....For a CAMP.... :popcorneater::thumb::unsure: ...Interviewed Shane and everything...In a CAMP...In KENTUCKY !!

I'm just rankin' ya'lls chain...6-0 out of state, especially in these camps where you don't get that fair a shake anyway is pretty impressive.....

Ya'll can win all those games against those Alabama/Georgia teams all ya want..I lived in Chattanooga for a couple of years..Those teams are one's I recognize....The Times-Free Press covered those teams..

Ya'll weren't on WPSD-TV though....UC was....For a CAMP.... :popcorneater::thumb::unsure: ...Interviewed Shane and everything...In a CAMP...In KENTUCKY !!

I'm just rankin' ya'lls chain...6-0 out of state, especially in these camps where you don't get that fair a shake anyway is pretty impressive.....

So what's the word on Union City during their camps.?I like Lake Co playing but realize not to take too much stock in them.Most are with running clocks,fouls continuing without fouling out,coaches playing different players .But at the same time,can tell if we have some talent .!That is impressive though .To have a Tenn team on WPSD.Union City must be loaded...Again.!....Or were they asking Shane how he feels about being picked 3rd in the district ,behind Lake Co and Humboldt this year?

I don't watch channel 6 very much anymore for news and weather. But I do remember in the past that they have covered UC before. So I am not suprised that they are still doing it. Has anyone heard if coach Whitby has been offered a job coaching anywhere in any capacity. He certainly has a lot of support on here so maybe someone may be in the position to get him a job.

Ya'll weren't on WPSD-TV though....UC was....For a CAMP.... :popcorneater::unsure::thumb: ...Interviewed Shane and everything...In a CAMP...In KENTUCKY !!

So what's the word on Union City during their camps.?I like Lake Co playing but realize not to take too much stock in them.Most are with running clocks,fouls continuing without fouling out,coaches playing different players .But at the same time,can tell if we have some talent .!That is impressive though .To have a Tenn team on WPSD.Union City must be loaded...Again.!....Or were they asking Shane how he feels about being picked 3rd in the district ,behind Lake Co and Humboldt this year?

Just noted that they are averaging 28 wins a year over the last few years...Talked about trying to get the bad taste out of their mouths from last season...Motivation for this year...To be honest I haven't heard anyone talk about how they have done so far in camp...I do know that they aren't normally a very impressive team in the summer...I saw them several times the summer before the 37-0 season and you wouldn't have had any idea they would have that type of year by watching them play...

I don't watch channel 6 very much anymore for news and weather. But I do remember in the past that they have covered UC before. So I am not suprised that they are still doing it. Has anyone heard if coach Whitby has been offered a job coaching anywhere in any capacity. He certainly has a lot of support on here so maybe someone may be in the position to get him a job.

Yes they cover them during the season..I have never seen them cover UC in a camp....I work in Kentucky and hear all the time how West Ky basketball is much better than basketball in West Tn....I try to tell them but they don't listen...They are so used to watching those 48-42 games that they wouldn't know good basketball if it slapped em in the face...They think they are playing great fundamental, defensive basketball...What it is is sorry offense...

Back three or four years ago the Graves Co coach (Hatcher) would play UC in the summer and talk about wanting to play during the season...Sisco would try to get in touch with him when it came time to schedule games and the guy wouldn't even answer the phone.... :popcorneater::unsure: ... He's the guy that brought his team into Troy with a pretty good team and lost to a weak Rebel team...He pitched a hissy fit and promised not to bring his team back to Troy...