District 13AA Preview

cmeister

Correction on the Obion County-Henry County scrimmage. It will be held at Henry County at 6:30.

The scrimmage will be held at Barton Field, the old Grove High School field on South Market ST. about 4 blocks south of the square across the 4 lane interconnecter. Great turf, pretty setting, no shade.

GO BIG RED

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, as a new coach, you definately want to instill winning football games whether it's a scrimmage or jamboree. West Carroll and Tipton Rosemark both gave us different looks as West Carroll runs the double wing and Tipton Rosemark ran the Tony Franklin system and ran it quite well. We've scrimmaged West Carroll several times over the past few years before Coach Atkins got to Gibson Co. I think Tipton Rosemark was his doing and wasn't a bad idea as it gave us a good look at a solid spread offense. Gibson Co. won't be much bigger than West Carroll once South Gibson is in full swing. Gibson Co. will eventually be a 2A school.

As for South Gibson, I have no clue. In the long run, I see South Gibson being a football powerhouse based on their location. People are going to try and get out of Jackson Madison Co. Schools and South Gibson is the next closest thing outside of Jackson.

I see South Gibson becoming a powerhouse pretty quick! It's not going to take SGHS as long as people think to become a good football team. They have already got some coaches and believe when i say. It will not only hurt Madison County they will be able to get some good kids from all over Gibson County! I have granchildren that are in the Medina School System. They have the all the resources they need to get it done! It won't take but about 3 to 5 years then you start hearing noise from SGHS!

I see South Gibson becoming a powerhouse pretty quick! It's not going to take SGHS as long as people think to become a good football team. They have already got some coaches and believe when i say. It will not only hurt Madison County they will be able to get some good kids from all over Gibson County! I have granchildren that are in the Medina School System. They have the all the resources they need to get it done! It won't take but about 3 to 5 years then you start hearing noise from SGHS!

They need a football facility and we are hoping to improve ours when they bond out their stadium! lol

We should drop down to AA the next full cycle.

Edited by ELA

ok big strong kid... but not disciplined in every play in the video he stood stright up never came off the ball like he should, a good defensive end would eat that up. he needs to put some lead in his stance to be a good ball player. gotta be faster off the ball to, from what I see all the recuiters are looking at him for size if thats the case i hope they see something more than i do.... good luck mcmullen best of it to ya!! HOPE U CAN PROVE ME WRONG. ILL KEEP AN EYE OUT THIS YEAR

lol, they obviously do see something that you don't see.

AA would be a nice fit for Gibson Co. football, ELA. Competing against the likes of Milan, Westview, Crockett, Dyersburg etc. is a tough task to compete against every week when you don't have the athletes of them.