Signal Mountain spring practice/scrimmages

smeagle1

So I am curious as to how the TB and I dont know him personally can go to Signal from ooltewah to Red Bank ( and I think other stops along the way) and not pass any classes or maybe a couple and be eligible. I assume his going there is purely academic as is all transfers

Oldtiger83 how do you know so much about this young man when you say you don't know him personally? You are making a pretty big accusation by saying he didn’t pass any classes, or maybe a couple and remains eligible. If he was at Ooltewah and then Red Bank and played wouldn’t that mean both of them falsified his transcripts, making them wrong and not SM. Funny how everyone wants to get on here and cry about transfers.

Also I don’t think anyone has said all the transfers that have come to SM are for academics. I think what was said is not every transfer that has come to SM is playing a sport, some are for academics. Pretty big difference. Oh, and some come for both!

Also, we are flush with running backs. We have 4 returning running backs that rushed for more than 400 yards. Three of them averaged over 7 yards per carry while the fourth was over 6 yards per carry. So another running back is another running back and Coach Price will use them to pound away:-)

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marion coach:

“We’re not in a position to go out and get kids we need like some of the teams in our district. I wish I had seven or eight transfers, but that’s just not the case here.â€

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2010/aug/03/6--teams-aim-signal/

I’m sure Coach Boeck would love to have some transfers but don’t all the transfers in that area go to South Pitt???? :roflol:

Here is the quote from Coach Price out of the same article.

“Kids are going to want to come here because it’s a nice new school and the team is winning, so they want to be a part of that,†Eagles coach Bill Price said. “We’re a new school so we’re going to have transfers, and we needed them just to compete in our district.

“I’d rather be picked first than last any day. But that’s just on paper. It doesn’t mean anything once the season starts. We know there are really high expectations for us this year, but I don’t see how anybody can pick us over South Pittsburg.â€

Also might be nice to note this part of the article too.

“Signal Mountain returns 17 starters from a team that won 10 games and advanced to the second round of the Class 2A playoffs in its varsity debut. That experience and the addition of several talented transfers have expectations soaring for the Eagles.â€

17 starters returning that’s a lot for any school and the benefit of being a second year varsity program. We didn’t have many seniors that first year….

I thought that was funny what coach Boeck said about not being able to pick up players like Signal :roflolk: and to answer your question...as far as I know SP did not get any transfers this year so its the same team as last year...I think people are ready to see SP and Signal clash at beene stadium :thumb: One thing is for sure...it should be a HUGE money maker and electric atmosphere this year!! Got to love it

Oldtiger83 how do you know so much about this young man when you say you don't know him personally? You are making a pretty big accusation by saying he didn’t pass any classes, or maybe a couple and remains eligible. If he was at Ooltewah and then Red Bank and played wouldn’t that mean both of them falsified his transcripts, making them wrong and not SM. Funny how everyone wants to get on here and cry about transfers.

Also I don’t think anyone has said all the transfers that have come to SM are for academics. I think what was said is not every transfer that has come to SM is playing a sport, some are for academics. Pretty big difference. Oh, and some come for both!

Also, we are flush with running backs. We have 4 returning running backs that rushed for more than 400 yards. Three of them averaged over 7 yards per carry while the fourth was over 6 yards per carry. So another running back is another running back and Coach Price will use them to pound away:-)

I have info from someone in the know. I don't think he played at Red Bank, just took some classes he didn't pass there. However Price did hire a good recruiter from Red bank. So who knows, there may have been some magic worked out.

I thought that was funny what coach Boeck said about not being able to pick up players like Signal :roflolk: and to answer your question...as far as I know SP did not get any transfers this year so its the same team as last year...I think people are ready to see SP and Signal clash at beene stadium :thumb: One thing is for sure...it should be a HUGE money maker and electric atmosphere this year!! Got to love it

Got one transfer that I know of. Moved here from North GA (actually moved...not just changed schools). I think he is a Freshman (but may be a Soph). Just running booger with the rest of the freshman from what I have seen. Not quite the same as the Jr and Sr transfers that come in and are now starters at SM (I know smeagle..it's all on the up and up "wink"). Other than that we lost a big, talented senior class, we got a big group of talented freshmen and have a couple kids that did not play last year that are out for the first time or back out after sitting a year. This group is still working on becoming a team.

The signal game will be a good one!! Can you say "Game of the Week". Seeing the "Rail Birds" in action will be a show in itself

Edited by zonepirate

Our railbirds will definitily be fun to watch...They will see if Signal really has composure and can block things out because if not all that trash talk will get in their heads...but I agree Zone...definitily game of the week when the eagles come to town Sept. 17th

NO EXCUSES for Signal this year. They have the most talent and an influx of transfers. They should win the district hands down. I am just glad 2nd place gets to a chance to go to the playoffs. Signal will be a multiple touchdown favorite over South Pittsburg when they come to Beene Stadium this season. The article is painting a pretty bleak picture. I just hope little ole us at South Pittsburg can keep it close with them.

It is an absolute joke how much attention the signal mountain football programs gets. And for what reason? Im not sure. A hilarious JV season. That town might as well of been talking up the middle school team. then last year. But the chattanooga times makes it seem like they're favored to with the sec east. No- its 2a football. Aka the Sun belt of high school football in tennessee. Im sorry if ive offended any signal players or fans. This is a shot at the free press.

Does anyone know where we can get us a couple of big strong linemen. Preferably over 6'3" and 250 lbs with a 4.4 40 yard dash and maybe even a 30 inch + verticle leap to block lots of passes. We seem to be flush with skill players now but our recruiter seems to have forgotten to go out and get us any big strong linemen to knock holes for all these running backs he hired. If you have any you don't need, send them our way. We will take them all. But please make sure they have all eligibility requirements in order. We have a big new school with lot's of room. Football program on the rise and preparing to take on all comers big and small. LOL