Who will beat BA next year?

footballfan1111

BA 48 Kingsbury 38? What was up with that? I thought BA would CRUSH Kingsbury. Is BA not as good as many thought they would be? If they gave up 38 to Kingsbury, what will Olive Branch and MUS put on them? Somebody please tell me what happened. Did they play their 4th stringers in the 2nd half or something?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game was 41-0 at the half. I am pretty sure BA scored on every drive in the first half, but I also missed the first few minutes of the game. Most of Kingsbury drives were 3 and out in the first half. I left at the half so I have no idea what happened after that, but based on the way that both teams played in the first half the 2nd, 3rd and 4th string saw some action. Even with backups in the game, I am shocked that Kingsbury was able to put up 38 points as they couldn't move the ball at all in the first half.

This game was 41-0 at the half. I am pretty sure BA scored on every drive in the first half, but I also missed the first few minutes of the game. Most of Kingsbury drives were 3 and out in the first half. I left at the half so I have no idea what happened after that, but based on the way that both teams played in the first half the 2nd, 3rd and 4th string saw some action. Even with backups in the game, I am shocked that Kingsbury was able to put up 38 points as they couldn't move the ball at all in the first half.

48-6 before Kingsbury scored. BA could have won by 100 pts. The bench emptied for BA and Kingsbury played hard throughout, including recovering 3 onside kicks in the 4th quarter. BA's starters.and 2nd team were impressive and dominant. Kingsbury had negative yardage at half. BA did crush Kingsbury, and our youngsters got some valuable game experience. Kingsbury never gave up though, hats off to them.

Well CBHS had a tough game last night with a 13-6 win over Melrose. I think Melrose is fairly desent this year, but both teams made many mistakes. The bad news is our freshman rb Ramade Warren, got hurt, hopefully not bad. This kid looks like the real deal......he had 49 yards on 4 carries, I think all between the tackles. We have some work to do....but a win is a win.

St. Benedict beat Harding 21-0.....the Wilkins brothers beat Harding 21-0!

[Given all the talented starters that South Panola has returning this season, it will be absolutely shocking to see ANY team stay within 2 TD's of them.

19 starters back for the Tigers. A fair number are juniors, too. Last year's squad might have been the youngest in a decade...not nearly the least talented but probably the youngest. I won't sell MUS short, though. They are always so well coached and play w/ such great chemistry that people miss how talented they are. SP should be favored but you just never know. I hope the series will continue.

48-6 before Kingsbury scored. BA could have won by 100 pts. The bench emptied for BA and Kingsbury played hard throughout, including recovering 3 onside kicks in the 4th quarter. BA's starters.and 2nd team were impressive and dominant. Kingsbury had negative yardage at half. BA did crush Kingsbury, and our youngsters got some valuable game experience. Kingsbury never gave up though, hats off to them.

Ok, I feel better now. I had high hopes for BA. That puts me a little more at ease.

As was mentioned earlier BA played second and third team in the second half. I was on the sidelines and in the second half I was shocked at the lack of emotion by BA coaches and players. They just came out flat and looked like the game was already over. Attention to detail was gone. It was very disappointing. I'm not sure how many onside kicks were recovered before Potter got a clue and put a hands team in there at the end of the game. You never like to hear the words with two minutes left in the game, "one's stretch... you're going back in if they score" which they did.

"48-6 before Kingsbury scored."

Sorry doct, that one made me laugh out loud a little ( . . . wouldn't the "6" in 48-6 indicate a score . . .?)

I wasn't on the sideline so I can't speak to the intensity of BA in the second half, but the first half was a dominating performance. I don't think Kingsbury got a first down until right before half (with most of the 2nd team in). A lot (all?) of the young players got a lot of time which is good to see. I agree that Kingsbury never gave up. They continued to play hard and I suspect the 38 they scored made the drive back to Memphis a little easier.

"48-6 before Kingsbury scored."

Sorry doct, that one made me laugh out loud a little ( . . . wouldn't the "6" in 48-6 indicate a score . . .?)

I wasn't on the sideline so I can't speak to the intensity of BA in the second half, but the first half was a dominating performance. I don't think Kingsbury got a first down until right before half (with most of the 2nd team in). A lot (all?) of the young players got a lot of time which is good to see. I agree that Kingsbury never gave up. They continued to play hard and I suspect the 38 they scored made the drive back to Memphis a little easier.

fan6, you are correct, I did a poor job of communicating. Your scrutiny of my post reminds me of a MBA fan/graduate.

As was mentioned earlier BA played second and third team in the second half. I was on the sidelines and in the second half I was shocked at the lack of emotion by BA coaches and players. They just came out flat and looked like the game was already over. Attention to detail was gone. It was very disappointing. I'm not sure how many onside kicks were recovered before Potter got a clue and put a hands team in there at the end of the game. You never like to hear the words with two minutes left in the game, "one's stretch... you're going back in if they score" which they did.

It was 41-0 at half. it was over. The lack of emotion was due to the fact that the intense game that it was in the 1st half, turned into a coaching oppurtunity for the younger kids. The first couple of series was delegated to the 2nd string, which actually scored, and then the playing time trickled down to the third and fourth string players. Kingsbury left their 1's in the entire time. I beleive what coach potter did took character and lack of pride. instead of pulling the younger kids when the began to score, he let them play through adversity. And the only 1's that went in for BA at the end of the game was the hands team which accomplished their job without failure. it was classless for kingsbury to keep their 1's in, when someone gives you mercy, you should take it.

It was 41-0 at half. it was over. The lack of emotion was due to the fact that the intense game that it was in the 1st half, turned into a coaching oppurtunity for the younger kids. The first couple of series was delegated to the 2nd string, which actually scored, and then the playing time trickled down to the third and fourth string players. Kingsbury left their 1's in the entire time. I beleive what coach potter did took character and lack of pride. instead of pulling the younger kids when the began to score, he let them play through adversity. And the only 1's that went in for BA at the end of the game was the hands team which accomplished their job without failure. it was classless for kingsbury to keep their 1's in, when someone gives you mercy, you should take it.

Hopefully that was a clumsy attempt at being facetious.

Hats off to Kingsbury for continuing to battle in the second half. If it weren't for the continuous clock in the third quarter (another byproduct of the everyone gets a trophy crowd) the last five minutes could have been even more interesting. I don't have any problem with pulling the starters and letting the young guys get experience, it's a very smart move for the future of the program. It's the second half lack of intensity and appearance of "I'd rather be at Chili's" from the coach that I have a problem with.