Shepard out at Clarksville Academy

wingman10

I totally agree with Hammer21, everyone move on. Let Coach Shephard and Coach Hood move on and think about more important things like Fall, 2010, and football season beginning. I do know that the players at CA are excited about getting started and moving on. Let's be positive for the kids. End of Story!!! :roflol:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I first want to thank my buddy for using his user name today!

Now to the meat and potatoes, and you Mr. RedDevilFever! My name is Christopher Southerland, Coached with Hood for several years, and other than the Late Dan Stevens, the only gentlemen around Hood and Bradley were ME, Xavier Jenkins, Julius Bratton, and John Van Bruggen. Funny how each of us, plus Mr. Bradley himself, told the principal that Hood did not spit on him. All was dismissed, but Bradleys grandmother was upset, and use to trying to get money from the school system in Lawsuits, pressed this issue. Todd did not coach in another county school due to the crap in Montgomery County, and the politics that run the county. So, I was there, I was also in the meeting with Stevens and Bradley's Grandmother, and the boy told her it did not happen. The following week she approached Stevens and demanded her child start, and when she was told he was to be playing behind Julius Bratton she pulled him from the team. So this is not hear say, from the word of the mouth, and if you would like to meet to discuss this anymore I have all the time in the world. Heck, we can even meet at Shepard's store, and I ask you to stop posting what you do not know, unless for a fact you are who people claim you are. As for the poster talking about Shep, Gary's son, he made a mistake and is probably one of the best coaches I had an opportunity to work with, and I would appreciate you not mentioning his mishaps in life. It is not the business of the community, and this web page was to say good luck to a Great man in Shepard, and Congratulations in another Great man in Todd Hood. So now the story is straight, lets get on with our lives. Plus I am glad Montgomery County released Todd, because if it were not for the Bradley lie, Todd would not have 3 rings to sport. That is 3 more than all major sports in Montgomery County history. Congrats Todd, and we are getting together soon to drink a Dr. Pepper poolside.

I once agian thank my former coach and friend for letting me use his web name, I will have mine back later today! Coach Chris out!

Calm down dude... I played for Hood as well as coached with Hood at Ft. Campbell.. He is probably one of the most underrated coaches I have ever associated with.. Ft. Campbell is loaded with a coaching staff that could easily coach in college.. He has always been passed over.

Ft. Campbell is well coached but I highly doubt that they have a coaching staff that is college material. They are the best 3A team in Kentucky yes but they certainly couldn't compete with the best 3A team in Tennessee no way. Alcoa would name their score against Ft. Campbell. The only reason I use Alcoa is because while they have guys like Coach Rankin & Coach Nix on their staff I am not so sure that they have a "college material" coaching staff. Comparing a good high school coaching staff to a college level coaching staff is insane!

I first want to thank my buddy for using his user name today!

Now to the meat and potatoes, and you Mr. RedDevilFever! My name is Christopher Southerland, Coached with Hood for several years, and other than the Late Dan Stevens, the only gentlemen around Hood and Bradley were ME, Xavier Jenkins, Julius Bratton, and John Van Bruggen. Funny how each of us, plus Mr. Bradley himself, told the principal that Hood did not spit on him. All was dismissed, but Bradleys grandmother was upset, and use to trying to get money from the school system in Lawsuits, pressed this issue. Todd did not coach in another county school due to the crap in Montgomery County, and the politics that run the county. So, I was there, I was also in the meeting with Stevens and Bradley's Grandmother, and the boy told her it did not happen. The following week she approached Stevens and demanded her child start, and when she was told he was to be playing behind Julius Bratton she pulled him from the team. So this is not hear say, from the word of the mouth, and if you would like to meet to discuss this anymore I have all the time in the world. Heck, we can even meet at Shepard's store, and I ask you to stop posting what you do not know, unless for a fact you are who people claim you are. As for the poster talking about Shep, Gary's son, he made a mistake and is probably one of the best coaches I had an opportunity to work with, and I would appreciate you not mentioning his mishaps in life. It is not the business of the community, and this web page was to say good luck to a Great man in Shepard, and Congratulations in another Great man in Todd Hood. So now the story is straight, lets get on with our lives. Plus I am glad Montgomery County released Todd, because if it were not for the Bradley lie, Todd would not have 3 rings to sport. That is 3 more than all major sports in Montgomery County history. Congrats Todd, and we are getting together soon to drink a Dr. Pepper poolside.

I once agian thank my former coach and friend for letting me use his web name, I will have mine back later today! Coach Chris out!

I must say very nice post and that is not sarcasm. But my whole point to mentioning about the spitting incident holds true based on what you said, "Plus I am glad Montgomery County released Todd, because if it were not for the Bradley lie, Todd would not have 3 rings to sport." So basically from what I take away from that statement is that Montgomery County School will not allow him to coach in a Montg. Co. School correct? Believe me growing up I had my share of things that were said, done to me ect growing up while playing sports and not one time would my father or mother for that matter ever gone to a coach and complained about something the coach had done or said. But then again alot has changed over the last 30 years or so. I can say this.....I have had a Coach do worse things than to spit in my face that is for sure as I am sure many of us that are of the "older" generation have experienced. heck now-a-days you can't even look at a kid funny without someone complaining.

Now, if Coach Hood did not do what was accused great. Honestly I have never met the man and only know what i hear and what I have read in the past.

Thank you for clarifying that HTV.

And no I have not met Coach Hood. So you know someone standing right by the "group" when he spit into a player's face? That would be hearsay I do believe. You say that player was mad because he wasn't starting? Unless you are that player or that players parents then I guess that would be hearsay as well. Are you actually telling me Coach Hood is NOT banned from COACHING in Montgomery County Schools? Seriously? Because that is not what I have been told from some higher ups from some on the Montgomery County School Board system.

Maybe HTV can clear this up. Why has the "just off Ball road" comment been removed from your screen name information. There is a Ball Road in the Knoxville area, but I didn't see one in Adams. Maybe HTV is right, but I think there is some hiding behind the curtain going on here. I will no longer be posting any comments to this topic. Time to move on. Enjoy the weekend.

Look Pal, I'm not playing games with anybody. Reddevilfever is not Coach Shepard. My identity is no secret here, either. I have been broadcasting high school football in Knox County for 10 years. I know Coach Shephard from dealing with him when I worked Halls games, and RDF is not Coach Shephard. I really don't give a rat's behind if you believe me or not, but you are just plain wrong if you think otherwise.

You might disagree with me about it but they are high quality. Coach Rankin and Nix are in league of there own. I was not comparing staffs at all. I said they have coaches on that staff that can coach at the college level.. Some have coached at that level.

Nice post Coach Chris..

Calm down dude... I played for Hood as well as coached with Hood at Ft. Campbell.. He is probably one of the most underrated coaches I have ever associated with.. Ft. Campbell is loaded with a coaching staff that could easily coach in college.. He has always been passed over.

Ft. Campbell is well coached but I highly doubt that they have a coaching staff that is college material. They are the best 3A team in Kentucky yes but they certainly couldn't compete with the best 3A team in Tennessee no way. Alcoa would name their score against Ft. Campbell. The only reason I use Alcoa is because while they have guys like Coach Rankin & Coach Nix on their staff I am not so sure that they have a "college material" coaching staff. Comparing a good high school coaching staff to a college level coaching staff is insane!

This is for all of the coaches. My high school football coach had a huge impact on my life and all of the young men that played for him. He taught all of us to work hard, be gracious in defeat, be even more gracious when you win, give 100% on each and every play, know your responsibilities and the responsibilities of the player to your left and right, and if you do all of that, win or lose you can hold your head high. I’ve use that philosophy my entire life and it has made me a better man.

Through his actions we knew that that his only goal was to make us better men and football players than we had been when we showed up at practice. He was an outstanding coach and role model. So to Coach Shephard and Coach Hood, I wish you both success in your coaching careers and remember that your goal should be to inspire young men to better than they would have been had they not met you. If you make them be better sons, friend, students and citizens, they will also be better teammates and football players.

I can only post what Todd has done for me as a student, player, individual, and how he has changed my life. To say he saved me would be a true statement. In 93 I was ready to quit football, and he would not let me quit. After graduation in 95 I lost my way for 5 years experimenting with a life that was leading me down the wrong path. However, in the summer of 99 Todd approached me and invited me to be an volunteer at Northwest coaching. Now I am 33, entering my 11th year coaching, and owe my life, masters degree, and passion for teaching to Mr. Todd Hood. I am only one of many that has been impacted positively by Todd. Every time everyone stopped believing in me only one man didnt stop pushing me. I owe him alot, but there are two things I am awaiting: 1. To win my first state title. 2. To beat Todd in a game with both of us being head coaches. And if history holds true, my time will be soon.

This is a funny history of living in a man's shadow!

1. Todd Hood was a D-Coor and I became one in 05.

2. Todd Hood was an O-Coor and I became one in 08.

3. Todd Hood was a Special Teams Coor and I am now coaching Special Teams.

4. Todd Hood is now a Head Coach, maybe this will happen in the next 5 years.

5. Todd Hood won 3 titles, I am still awaiting my first.

This man is not only a great coach or man, but is the father that many of us boys never had. So I congratulate you Todd, and I hope for the best for Coach Shepard.