LaVergne coaching change

LostTime

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Dean has done a very good job and is well respected. We wish him a lot of luck. Lavergne is a school with great tradition and the community supports the school with great intensity. Look for a coach with a great deal of support to get the job. With a new administration coming in, they likely will have a great deal of input in to the selection. This now is the second girls basketball coach that will be changed for next school year and while Riverdales coach should see little let down, lavergne will likely see little let down in their team. Great coaches and assts are attracted by the schools in Rutherford.

Coach Dean has done a very good job and is well respected. We wish him a lot of luck. Lavergne is a school with great tradition and the community supports the school with great intensity. Look for a coach with a great deal of support to get the job. With a new administration coming in, they likely will have a great deal of input in to the selection. This now is the second girls basketball coach that will be changed for next school year and while Riverdales coach should see little let down, lavergne will likely see little let down in their team. Great coaches and assts are attracted by the schools in Rutherford.

um the administration has all of the input on who the new coach will be

IC, you are right they have most all of the input but if you think there is not an approval process and a security process of both coach and assts, there could be some surprises but I have never seen nor heard of that happening. The interesting naming will be who is the administrator. While I am not disclosing, I think the coach is already selected whether the administration is or not. And likely the adminsitrator is already known. Lavergne is a very good coaching job whose talent can carry them on for some time, even with graduation.

IC, you are right they have most all of the input but if you think there is not an approval process and a security process of both coach and assts, there could be some surprises but I have never seen nor heard of that happening. The interesting naming will be who is the administrator. While I am not disclosing, I think the coach is already selected whether the administration is or not. And likely the adminsitrator is already known. Lavergne is a very good coaching job whose talent can carry them on for some time, even with graduation.

sorry I am completely confused by your post. Dirk Ash is the principal at lavergne high. he will (or already knows who he will hire as the head coach and Harry Gill will have the final say so. Its been almost a couple of months since Ash was named the principal.

According to the DNJ, Coach Dean resigned and is retiring from both coaching and teaching. I suspect it's all tied in with the new administration coming in.... word on the street is that LaVergne Middle School's coaches were there for Monday afternoon practice...

TSSAA says you can not practice until the day after school ends, so how did a practice happen on Monday?

According to the DNJ, Coach Dean resigned and is retiring from both coaching and teaching. I suspect it's all tied in with the new administration coming in.... word on the street is that LaVergne Middle School's coaches were there for Monday afternoon practice...

TSSAA says you can not practice until the day after school ends, so how did a practice happen on Monday?

it was probably called open gym

not completely true. read the whole rule. it stats that you cant have practice except for 5 days within a 10 day span. So they could have and probable have had spring practice. If you dont believe me refer to page 28 in the handbook